Even more problems!!!

Mon Nov 18 18:29:04 2002

This has been so unreal for me, and getting worse all the time. I knew something has ben wrong with me, and last night, Ed took me to the e.r. Yes...again! The nurse remembered me...I was only there 8 days prior, so of course, I got 'that' look. The first Dr. came in and I explained that I am getting worse with barely even moving out loose stool. He thought it was rectal impaction, but it wasn't. One good thing...no occult blood. So...they did the obstructive series on me. The tech was so nice to me, as I lay on the table sobbing my eyes out. She showed me one of the films, and said it showed some residual barium, but she didn't think it was a lot. She said it looked like a fair amount of stool in there,too. But she couldn't really say to much. Back to the room I went. The e.r. Dr. came in and said there was a lot of stool in there, and wanted me to do enema at home, as well as mag citrate. Then another Dr. came in (the one who saw me last week) and asked if they did films. I said they did, so he went and looked. But they claimed no blockage. When nurse came in to sign me out, she also said there was a lot of stool in there. Odd... since on Friday I went to gastro's nurse practitioner, and she said Dr. said xrays were normal, that I was clear. At e.r., they called it constipation, but how can it be??? Stool is loose, but doesn't want to pass. I called the xray dept. today and they said the report was done, and they said they faxed it where I told them to. I called the gastro in N.J., who ordered the upper g.i. I asked receptionist if he got xray report, and I told her what's going on (or not) with me. I asked her if he had a sooner appointment, as I am worse, and she said no. She said they didn't get xray report from last night. Odd. I had them fax it to local Dr. I called and told them what's wrong, and they said he received copy of the xray report, and he'd call me. He called, and I told him about how I'm feeling, getting worse, and that I am extremely concerned. He didn't have reports in front of him, but he said the report from last week said normal bowel gas pattern. The ones I had done on Friday, were supposedly o.k., IF Dr. read them. But last night's showed that I'm full of stool. I took the mag cit, last night. Had some loose stools at different times in night, and this a.m. But the feeling has returned. For some reason. I tried to see if I could find another gastro who would see me, but I'd have better luck banging my head on the wall. What do you think my next step should be? I can't keep running to e.r.'s, but it gets worse. Should I be concerned? How accurate are xrays? I just cannot stand this much longer. I feel that if they don't soon listen to me, I may be headed for big trouble. You can't even get a Dr., so what to do,now??? Sorry for dragging on, but I am slowly giving up all hope, and it shouldn't have to be this way. Millie.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: