Re: Even more problems!!!

Mon Nov 18 21:08:34 2002

Millie, Try to find a teaching hospital....usually associated with a university...that you can visit. Don't go to the e.r. Make an appointment with a gastroenterologist for his/her first opening. Then get your butt over there. Like I said before....don't say too much. Don't bring your old records. I realize that in so many ways this is deceitful, but it is also sometimes the only way we can get action. So many doctors will open your file up and see what the doctors have said before and just repeat what you have been told....without assessing your condition for themselves. Do not allow them to prejudge you. I don't think that you are in any real immediate danger. Of course, that is my opinion only. If you start to run a temperature or begin to vomit go to the ER. You and I know how painful all of this can be...and way too often we have to deal with the ignorance of doctors. Try, try, try to find a way to get to Germany...or, and this is going to be contrary to everything I have said....get a lap...see if you do have adhesions and then get your butt to Germany. Ask these doctors if you have adhesions. By the way, have you ever reviewed your operative reports? Do they mention scar tissue or adhesions? I don't know what else to say. I feel like I have to go all the time...now that I think of it. I always feel a pressure in my abdomen, but when I sit down to go, nothing comes out. It is extremely painful....but am I going to die? Not from that. What kind of pain management do you have? Perhaps we are going at this in all the wrong ways. Since you have had so many tests that show that you are not obstructed (you can be constipated or full of stool and not be obstructed) relax a little. Visit the ASAP site...I think that Helen just posted that information within the last few days. Do exactly what they advise on that sight. Have them find you a pain doctor and go and see him. Let him know that you are aware of your rights and that you do not have to liv e your life in so much pain. Even when they give you appropriate pain management you will still most likely have pain. I am never pain free. In fact, I am never any lower than a five on the 1-10 scale. But, I have learned to live with that by not focusing so much on myself and jumping into other things headfirst....as you have witnessed on this list lately. That's about all that I can tell you. Just realize that I am not a doctor. I can't say that you don't have a problem. But I can try and get you to relax a little bit....remember stressing over this only makes it all worse. Love ya!!!!

Karla

**Soaring with my angel**

http://www.geocities.com/karlasfamily2001 http://www.geocities.com/princessd82000/BraydensHaven

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: