Re: I just don't want to live like this anymore.

Tue Apr 15 10:45:38 2008

There is a surgeon in St. Clair Shores, Michigan named Abdalkadar Hawasli who does laproscopic removal of adhesions. In fact, he is THE doctor who fist pioneered the removal of the gallbladder by laproscopy. I am having my second adhesion surgery by him later this week. Dr. Hawasli is an excellent surgeon and agreed to help me when no one else was willing. If you can make the trip to Michigan, he is well worth it. Dr. Hawasli works out of St. John Hospital in Detroit, MI. Look him up. I too have been dealing with adhesions for almost 30 years and I count my blessings that one of my previous surgeons turned me on to him.

-----Original Message----- From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of wendyebbe3@aol.com Sent: Monday, March 31, 2008 11:04 PM Subject: Re: I just don't want to live like this anymore.

Jeanette,

Your story is way too familiar to me.  My last surgery was June 28, 2006 for ovarian cysts. Of course while the surgeon was in there she found my bowels were attached to the abdominal wall so she resected about two inches of the bowels.  I never recovered from that surgery so I've been off work almost two years now.  I take senakot laxatives twice a day and the miralax twice a day too.  All my bowel movements are painful too almost like being in labor.  I know I have an obstruction right now, I haven't been able to have a BM now for 8 days. I too have a lawyer working on SSI and no we are waiting to get a date to go before a judge.  I am at the ropes end here, I'm so sick of being sick all the time.  My family really doesn't understand what I'm going through at all.  I've been fighting adhesions for the last 20 years.  If I had the money I would either go to Germany or where ever Dr. Redan is at.  If it wasn't for my two daughters, (19 and 16) I more than likely would not be here. It's so hard to keep going when you don't have a life because of the constant pain. I was just told a little more than a week ago that my liver enzymes are too high. None of the surgeons here in Stillwater, Minnesota believe that adhesions cause pain.  I'm not sure I would want any of them to cut me open again so if I ever come into money I would definitely go see Dr. Redan.  I hope they find a cure one day soon, I would really hate for my kids to ever have to go through this.  Thank You everyone for letting me vent a little. Wendy

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: