I just don't want to live like this anymore.

Mon Apr 7 20:00:13 2008

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of Kelly Murray Sent: Friday, April 04, 2008 10:56 PM Subject: Re: I just don't want to live like this anymore.

Jeannette, I have suffered for years with the adhesions.  I also have had multiple adhesion surgeries. (Dr. Redan, Dr. K in Germany and locally)  Unfortunately I have them back again.  Some people do well after surgery with the adhesion drs. and others have problems back.

I know what you mean about the pain going to the bathroom.  I am supposed to be on laxatives daily but when they work, I have terrible pain going so I don't take them and end up going a week without elimination.  I am so bloated that I look pregnant.

I wonder when you say "fibromyalgia" because I have pain all over.  I have ever since I began having adhesion problems, so I wonder if it has to do with them.

The hope I can offer is that you are not alone, that there are so many others out there with ARD.  I know our families and friends can try to understand how we are feeling but they really can't because they aren't feeling it.

One thing that helps a little for me is that I have been going to jazzercise 3-4 times a week and I feel better afterwards.  Some of the exercises I can't do but I can do most.  Maybe you could do something like that.  Aquacise is supposed to be good.

I also have edema in my feet and legs to the point where I can't get my shoes on at times and I have cracks on the top of my feet.  Of course, the doctors don't know why.  One blamed it on the adhesions. So, on your painful bowels, I don't know what to tell you except it is one more thing to add on to the "pain of adhesions."  Hang in there. Maybe there is something out there that would help. Kelly  

From: trojanmom@cox.net [mailto:trojanmom@cox.net] Sent: Wednesday, April 02, 2008 7:54 PM To: adhesions@adhesions.org Cc: IAS Admin (Tracy) Subject: Re: I just don't want to live like this anymore.

I would like to offer the same sentiment.  As I have said previously I have had multiple surgeries and hospitalization with an ng tube.  By the grace of God I ended up at Celebration Hospital under the emergency care of Dr. Redan.  I am 4 months post op.  I don't know that the adhesions won't come back but, as of today I feel better than I have in 15 years.  I have lost weight and my bowels are moving.  I haven't gone back to a higher fiber diet yet I am adding small amts of these foods slowly(still scared) and I take miralax twice a week.  Previously I was taking miralax and using a fleets enema every few days.  What misery coupled with the pain and low residue diet.   I don't know what the solution is for you, but keep searching.  I didn't know about this site till a month ago.  I didn't realize there were others out there feeling physically and mentally like I did.   Goodluck I am here for encouragement when you need it.l   ---- "IAS Admin (Tracy)" <tracy.joslin@adhesions.org> wrote: > Sender: hairgoddess72@hotmail.com (Dianna)
> Subject: Re: I just don't want to live like this anymore.
>
> I just wanted to say hello and let you know that you are not alone.  I
> have only been dealing with the pain for two years now, I go to see
> another doctor next week and I pray that he can help me find relief.  My
> heart hurts when I read your message, I know the desperation and loss
> that you feel.  It takes your life, doesn't it.  I hope that you find
> the strength to keep trying to find an answer, they can give someone a
> new heart so why can't they fix us? Maybe with luck we will all find the
> cure that makes the pain go away, we just have to keep looking.  Good
> luck and God Bless.
>
> At Mon, 24 Mar 2008, IAS Admin  wrote:
> >
> >From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf
Of > >Jeanette Chamberlain
> >Sent: Tuesday, March 04, 2008 9:57 AM
> >Subject: I just don't want to live like this anymore.
> >
> >I have been dealing with adhesions since 2002 when I had my Endometriosis
> >removed through laparoscopic surgery. I have since had a full
hysterectomy > >and four more Laparoscopys to deal with the adhesion problems. I am
> >currently able to deal with the pain because of a careful balance of
> >medicines including gapabentin and morphine sulfate. Now to the problems.
> >
> >I have extremely painful bowel movements/BMs (sorry for the bluntness but
> >how else can one describe it) I am grateful that I even have bowel
> movements
> >as this means that I am not completely obstructed. I suspect that I am
> >partially obstructed because of the pain I experience in two distinct
> >places on my intestines when I am experiencing increased bowel motility.
I > >take a stool softener and metamucil every day but it does not prevent the
> >painful evacuations. I take miralax when I have gone more than two days
> >without a BM. I used to eat a lot of meat but these days I mostly eat
> cereal

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: