The pain is making me crazy

Tue Apr 15 10:45:51 2008

Nineteen years ago I had a c-sect, and then another seventeen years ago, and ever since then I have had pain. Several years ago they removed my uterus due to adenomyosis, and then one ovary a year for the next two years. When they took the second ovary out (I begged them to do it all at once) the scar tissue was so bad it took them an hour to get to my appendix. I woke up with an NG tube, and the doctors were afraid my bowels might never work properly because of the amount of manipulating they had to do to them to remove the adhesions. Since then, I have had three more surgeries--two for scar tissue and then one for a hernia I developed after the previous one. Now it's been two years, and I just had my gallbladder out in January. I have pain so severe in my lower left side of my groin, across my lower back, and down both legs. The pain is crippling most days, and just walking a few feet is a big deal. I lost my job because I hadn't been there long enough when I needed the gallbladder surgery, so now I am without insurance. I am 43, and feel older then my 82 year old grandmother. I am so depressed because I can't do things. This is ridiculous. I try heat, and ice, and motrin, and even xanax the doctor gave me before I lost my insurance for stress. Nothing provides relief. No one believes me. They all think it's my weight, but I have been working on that, and I am losing. I can't stand the pain of sex, and it ruins me for days after I attempt it. So,I don't want it, which is causing problems in my marriage. I have been dealing for over six months, but now it's constant and I can't take it anymore. I am seriously getting to the point I would rather die then live like this. I need help and don't know what to do. Bowel movements are painful, and the stools are not normal, and sometimes it takes me a long time to empty my bladder, when other times I can barely make it to the bathroom. I don't know how far adhesions can spread...can they rap around the muscles and bones too? Can they be messing with my back and causing the severe leg pain? Anyone, please, I need advice, help, anything!

--
Thank you,
Lynda  (43yr old female)
New Jersey

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: