Adhesions-probably from Ovarian Cysts

Sat Nov 8 09:52:29 2003

I've had 4 surgeries, the last being a hysterectomy with Ovaries removed a little over a year ago, but I still have left-sided flank pain and upper-left quadrant abdominal pains under my ribs. (Especially after a bowel movement) I had adhesions lysed my very first surgery, that's why I believe they were from ovarian cysts rupturing as I had problems with my left ovary for a long time. Well about 2 or 3 years after my first surgery, I started getting left-side flank pain. Of course I've had the whole kidney, urological workup, CAT Scan, MRI, etc, etc. The only test I haven't had is a barium enema which I'm wondering if it might show anything as all of these other tests haven't. My question is, has anyone here had pain from adhesions up that high, flank area and upper left quadrant abdominal area and think or know it was caused from Ovarian Cyst? Even after my hysterectomy, I still have pain in my flank area and lately my whole left side has been bothering me. Even leg and foot cramps on left side. A couple of months ago I tried a chiropractor to maybe try and help the pain some. Well shortly thereafter I found out I had 4 broken ribs on my left side. I'm almost certain from the chiropractor. It seems the more I do to try and help the pain, the more damage is done. (I did find out though that I have osteopenia, the thing you get before osteoporosis. I'm 39 years old.) And I've dealt with this left-sided pain for so long I feel it's starting to affect my health in other ways. It is SO very frustrating. Does anyone else have flank pain from adhesions?

--
Joyce

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: