Why I'm having another lap and...

Fri Feb 1 20:13:21 2002

To all in this group:

After reading many of your heartfelt messages, I feel the need to express why I have agreed, and actually requested to have another laparoscopy.

It is not so much the many types of pain I have experienced be it sitting (which also seems to go along with pelvic congestion syndrome), but also like many of you, standing, lying down, walking, bending, etc., etc., it is the sickening and totally debilitating gastrointestinal problems that may be the result of adhesions or, possibly endometriosis or both. Thank god the pain can be managed with meds. As for the gastrointestinal symptoms, the drug companies haven't come up with meds that seem to do the trick at least not totally. If it weren't for Reglan, my bowels, in particular my sigmoid wouldn't move at all. What I cannot endure is both - pain, and feeling like I'm going to vomit, or the extreme agitation I experience from the burning-like pain I have in my lower abdomen at 3:30 A.M., every A.M. which is only relieved when a stand up, walk around for a bit and hopefully have a bowel movement. After that if I'm lucky, I'm able to get back to sleep.

On top of all of this, there's depression. I feel my life has been robbed. I should be grateful that I am in fact alive as, I was diagnosed and treated successfully (I hope) for early stage breast cancer last year, but I guess maybe I'm greedy. I want to be able to enjoy my life HOPEFULLY longer than a couple of days a month which brings me to the laparoscopy. I need to know what is going on in there, have the situation assessed and if its not any worse than the second lap which was virtually clean then perhaps take down the adhesions and remove any endo and perhaps I can get some relief and enjoy a little of my life.

I'm sorry that this is so long. I guess I needed to purge so to speak. I've been so ill for so long and most of the time I feel so terribly alone in all of this #!*& until I come here. Please forgive me.

Thank you for opening your hearts.

Love, Sue

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: