Small victory

Wed Oct 11 16:17:43 2000

I would like to share my small victory with my IAS family. I had a gyn check-up today and my doc. acknowledged the severity of my adhesion disease, as well as offered to help me in my current project. I have been seeing my gyn for 3 years and I have waged war with him on several visits on behalf of others and myself, that suffer with the consequences of adhesions, but early on he wouldn't bend, in his acknowledgment of the subject and the problems they create.

My adhesion disease is pelvic and abdominal, but they are also, severe and visible in my vaginal canal. Upon exam it appears, that I have a cervix, which I do not, I have had a complete and total hysterectomy. The adhesions in this area, attach at least two inches down into the vaginal canal, give or take a few centimeters. And as usual during an exam, like today, he asked that silly question, "did your former gyn leave a piece of your cervix"? That questioned angered me today, simply because I have answered it the same way many times in the past the same way, so I let him know a thing or two today, about myself and about my adhesion disease and my project, which in the past he wasn't willing to listen to, but I made him today, I stood in front of the door and didn't move until he had heard everything I had to say. I guess I looked a little funny, standing there in my fanciful white paper shirt and matching paper coverlet half held on. I don't advice anyone to act as I did unless you have a good relationship with your doc, which I do, but he tends to be set in his ways a bit and tends to need a slight "I got something to tell you" thrown at him.

So, I do feel good about this victory, even as small as it is, it's still a step forward. Knowing too, that he is willing to aid me in my efforts of bringing recognition to this disease in my resident area is truly a good thing. So see, persistence does pay off, as well as educating one's self to a higher degree, in order to insure intelligence when discussing this subject with your physician(s).

--
Renee Madron
Richmond Adhesion Society
http://www.aboutras.org  (Under construction)
765-965-7435
madron2@yahoo.com

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: