Re: Small victory

Wed Oct 11 16:44:19 2000

YEAH!!!!

Congratulations - You did a great job!!

Sometimes doctors think that we as "mere mortals" could not possibly understand the vast amount of knowledge they have earned with their training. By educating ourselves and offering that knowledge to our physicians - forcing it on them if need be - we can overcome this disease. Doctors, just like anyone else, tend to get settled into a pattern and overtime can come up stagnant in their treatments.

I was given the term "difficult" and coined a hypochondriac by the first Gyn. that saw me. He handed me off to a female resident. It was her that I told "I'm not leaving until you fix this" - She scheduled an exploratory - I think just to make me leave. The surgeon chastised both the resident and the previous attending for their thoughtlessness there in the OR. Not only did he know what was wrong but he validated my complaints of debilitating pain - and added that he was surprised that I could stand at all - much less work full time and care for my son. They both apologized on my next visit.

Shake them up ladies!! They need it sometimes, you never know - you could be paving the way for treatments and discoveries that could make this horrible disease a thing of the past...

Hoping you are all comfortable,

Carli

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: