New to the Board

Fri Jan 21 19:43:22 2000

Hi! I am a 41 year old woman who is currently lookig at the prospect of my ninth surgery. I had a hysterectomy 20 years ago and have had adhesion related problems ever since. Because they involve the bowel and cause obstructions it gets to the point where there is no alternative to surgery. My last two surgeries were done at Stanford University by a wonderful surgeon. He used the Interceed Barrier and told me after the last surgery that I had 40% less adhesions than the surgery before. This filled me with hope. Maybe this time I would develop 40% less again and be able to live with it. But one and a half years later, here I am. In terrible pain all the time, constantly nauseas, unable to eat due to bloating, swelling and vomiting, right where I was to begin with. Will this never end? Financially, I am unable to get back to California for another surgery but have found a doctor in Palm Beach I am checking out. I have lost 20 pounds in the last month and am living on Ensure, Instant Breakfasts and vitamins. I have a wonderful GP, who is honest and really doesn't know what else to do. I have two wonderful adopted little boys who want their Mom back and I feel I am missing so much of their lives being sick. It was so wonderful to find this site and feel like I was not alone, but at the same time, terrifying to really hear that there is not the magic cure I was hoping to find. If anyone knows of any doctors in the South Florida area that understands adhesions, please let me know. Thanks for listening.

--
Ginni

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: