Adhesions

Mon Oct 25 13:31:25 1999

Hi everyone, this is my first time to ever come to this board. Let me say that I had a hyst. in March and this past Aug I had a rectocele, cystocele, vaginal wall prolapse, MAJOR ADHESIONS, left overy removed as well as excess tissue. That was 8 weeks ago. Last Monday I was sitting at the computer chatting with some friends and I was actually starting to feel somewhat better from that surgery, it has taken me along to get over that one. I had alot of complications with it. Well I was sitting here and all of the sudden out of the blue, I had this UNBELEIVABLE pain shot down my left plevic bone. I had to leave the computer FAST and laid on my couch in the fetal postition with a heating pad and stayed there because I could not make it up to my bed. My husband wanted to take me to the ER but I talked him out of. I was thinking it would go away. On Tuesday it was just as bad so I called my GYN, he saw me, then rushed me to a surgeon thinking it was a hernia. The surgeon did not think he felt one, but with me just having surgery not too long ago he could not be sure, so he rushed me to a CTScan. Got the results and nothing. So the next day the Drs wanted me to do meneral oil to clean my colon, thinking that might be the problem. Well I threw up, so needless to say it did not work. On Thursday, I saw my gyn and he made another appt with the surgeon to do the nerve block they had mentioned to me. I went to the surgeons office and he did the block. We thought it worked.....nope it is still here so now I have one option left that is surgery. They finially believe me that I have adhesions that are really bad again. I go this Wed to see the surgeon again and I guess we will talk about when he will be doing the surgery. This makes my 5th surgery since Aug 98. I am really scared, how many times can I temp faith? When they do this surgery would they keep me in the hospital or would it be out patient? My last surgery was over 5 hours long and I was in the hospital for 9 days. I have a 3 year old and I can afford to be in there that long again. I just need some information on this as much as possible and I need support as well. I know none you know me and this is my first time to post...but I am really scared this time. Thank you, Cyn

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: