>has suddenly intensified to the point that I spent most of today curled
>up in a ball crying. I can't even eat anymore for fear that the pain
>and pressure will get worse. I realize that this is long so I'll try to
>end this quickly. But I'm going back to the dr.s on Monday and am
>really looking for someone to talk too. To be quite honest, I'm scared
>to death that this will never end. I know that each surgery I have may
>cause more adhesions, but I also know that i can't survive with my bowel
>being blocked. This darn condition has allready solen all of my femal
>organs from me. I'm terrified of what it will take next.
>
>If you wouldn't mind helping me by being my friend, please email me. I'd
>love to support you in return

Hi Melissa,I am so sorry to hear you are feeling so bad.I too have had my share of operations. Hysterectomy April of 1998 with the removal of the left ovary due to the pain being primarily in that area. Then I ended up with an infection and back into surgery 10 days later. I was feeling pretty good until about 8 weeks later thats when the pain returned .My gyn sent me to a gasterial intestional Dr.thinking that maybe my problems where related to that area.The GI Dr. right off told me that it sounded like I had adhesions and that I should go back to my gyn.So I did but obviously my gyn did not want to deal with this problem and sent to a different gyn for a second opinion.Trying to make a long story short I ended up leaving the gyn that did my hysterectomy and started going to the senior partner of the practice that my original gyn was with.October of 1998 I had a laporoscopy and found that I had severe adhesions the Dr. lysed them and I felt better again for probably 6 weeks. I then had steriod injections done in February of 1999 which did not help at all.My gyn agreed that it was worth doing another laporoscopy to see what was going on,that was April 29th 1999.Again he found an extensive amount of adhesions and lysed them again . I was a little better this time for only about 2 weeks.My gyn also used an adhesion barrier {interceed} which I believe did absolutely nothing to help in reducing the adhesions reforming.I just had a cystoscopy done the 3rd week of July and a colonoscopy 2 weeks ago.THese tests were done to rule out anything urologically and gasterial intestional.Both tests proved negative and I have been cleared in both areas.I did have a MRI on August 3rd and have not gotten the results of this test back yet.I am 39 years old with 2 children ages 16 and 11 and have felt that I have let my whole family down.With not being able to do the things that we use to do.I am now going to pain management which is helping with the pain and I do have a better quality of life due to the meds.It is terrible that we have to live like this but now you know that you are not alone.This forum has been a true life saver to me .The support and understanding is so wonderful.I do not know where I would be without all these wonderful people on this forum as I am sure you will know what I am saying if you decide to stay with us on the forum.Good luck with your Dr. Appointment on Monday and please let us know how you make out. "FRIENDS THAT STICK TOGETHER" PEGGY

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: