Normal Colonoscopy Not So Normal!?

Sun Aug 8 10:43:18 1999

Hey guys,

I'm back from vacation and trying to catch up with everything that has been going on. I hope everyone is doing as well as can be expected. When I got home I had a letter from the GI that did the colonoscopy and had said everything was normal. Well not exactly a letter but the lab results and they showed a "mild chronic inflammation" of the bowel tissue in the left part of the colon. Interesting because my pain is in the right side and radiates to my back. I have to wonder how "mild" this would have been if they had not waited two months to do the test. I guess this would explain the bleeding that I have had but not the pain unless it is radiating. What I don't understand is they did not include any recommendation or diqagnosis from the GI and there is not follow up scheduled. What does chronic inflammation of the bowel mean, colitus or Chrohn's? I guess I'll try and get an answer from my PCP tomorrow when I see her. I think maybe I have two problems, the inflamation and the adhesions. Both the periodic infections that I have had and the adhesions started after I had a severe pelvic infection. Could they be related? Anyway. take care everyone, I missed hearing from you all last week. Ginny

--
Ginny King

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: