Re: I'm new here and looking for support

Sat Aug 7 05:58:44 1999

Dear Melissa my situation is a little similar to yours. I too had a hysterectomy when I was 27 and I'm now recovering from an oopherectomy to remove my last ovary. This was all because of adhesions also. When I had the hysterectomy 2 and a half yrs ago they were unable to remove my cervix because my bladder was stuck to it. This causes problems in always wanting to go to the toilet and if I don't go when I first get the urge....OOUch!! I had an oopherectomy a wk ago and when they performed the operation the adhesions are now on the front of my abdominal wall and had stuck down my ureter on the right side. They only removed the adhesions that were causing immediate problems, the rest they have left and said see how you go. I was not looking forward to this operation because I didn't want all the problems of hormones as well as additional adhesions. But at least now I'm on oestradiol implant my moods are a bit more stable which to me means I can cope a bit better with the pain. I wish you luck when you see your doctor on Monday and in the mean time I'm sure you will find emotional support on this forum. There are alot of supportive people here who understand exactly what you're going through and how you feel, and to me that has helped. To know I'm not alone battling with this helps to cope with the everyday battle of adhesions and the devasting effects they have on our lives. Best wishes Sandie(U.K.)

>----- Original Message -----
From: MeLissa <lissamelwh@aol.com> To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS <adhesions@talk.obgyn.net> Sent: Saturday, August 07, 1999 7:59 AM Subject: I'm new here and looking for support

> Hello everyone. I'm 26 years old and have had a total hysterectomy and
> ooperectomy because of adhesions. I had my last surgery just a few
> months ago on April 27, 1999. But I've allready reached the point to
> where I can't go on any longer with this pain! Durring the April
> surgery, I had two groups of adhesions removed from my bowel that were
> causing a partial blockage. The surgeon used Interceed hoping to ward
> off any new one. Yet within a month, my pain came back. I've been
> trying my best to ignore it for the simple fact that I'm scared to death
> of having another surgery. But today, I can't cope any longer! The pain
> has suddenly intensified to the point that I spent most of today curled
> up in a ball crying. I can't even eat anymore for fear that the pain
> and pressure will get worse. I realize that this is long so I'll try to
> end this quickly. But I'm going back to the dr.s on Monday and am
> really looking for someone to talk too. To be quite honest, I'm scared
> to death that this will never end. I know that each surgery I have may
> cause more adhesions, but I also know that i can't survive with my bowel
> being blocked. This darn condition has allready solen all of my femal
> organs from me. I'm terrified of what it will take next.
>
> If you wouldn't mind helping me by being my friend, please email me. I'd
> love to support you in return
>

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: