Good Doctor- But Another Bad Day

Fri Jun 25 18:02:29 1999

I saw the surgeon today. I was afraid he would tell me that my pain was from diverticulosis or that adhesions don't cause pain (How many times have I heard that?). But after spending an hour with me, he said adhesions were the source of my pain. He was sure of it. I couldn't believe my ears. Somebody who believes me. He also said Dr's hate patients with adhesions because they are not rewarding patients. Dr's like patients who they can fix and say they healed them and never see them again. They don't like patients they 'fix' only to have them back in the office in 6 months complaining of the same symptoms all over again. So a lot of dr's just push us off to the side because they don't want to deal with us. He doesn't want to deal with it either but he will if he has to. (At least he is honest). He also said they can do only so many laparoscopy's before thr recurring adhesions get so dense that they have to resort to laparotomy's. And every time they go in it increases the chance for a bowel obstruction. He is sending me to a pain management clinic first to see if they can help. He said there is a Dr. on staff at the hospital with chronic adhesions that the pain clinic has been able to help. I just hope someone can help soon. Today was another bad day. My appointment at the pain clinic isn't till next Friday. I hope I can make it that long. It is to the point that it hurts when I walk (the jiggling from walking hurts, especially going downstairs), sit for more than 5 minutes, or laugh-which I haven't been doing a whole lot of lately.

Waiting for relief,

--
Ruth

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: