Spinal cord stimulation device for pain

Tue Jun 15 22:43:08 2010

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of Cindy Sent: Saturday, June 05, 2010 6:58 AM To: adhesions-request@adhesions.org Subject: Re: Spinal cord stimulation device for pain

Hi Kim,   I did the trial for the stimulator and I didn't like it.  Have you ever used a TENS unit?  It is just like that.  Electrodes are placed into your back and then you can adjust the speed that you like the most.  Honestly, it drove me crazy.  I felt like I needed the vibration on maximum and even then didn't feel like I got the best pain relief.   Having it vibrate in my back all the time truly was annoying.  However, that is just my opinion,  You never know how you will do until you try.  Hopefully, your doctor is willing to do a trial first?  If not, I'd push for it.   Good Luck!   Cindy

>----- Original Message -----
From: IAS Admin (Tracy) To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Wednesday, June 02, 2010 11:10 PM Subject: Spinal cord stimulation device for pain From: kkajark@aol.com (Kim) Subject: Spinal cord stimulation device for pain

Does anyone have this device?

The pain doctor I am seeing suggested I get this spiinal cord stimulation device.  The doc does surgery to implant leads and an implantable pulse genoratoon on next to the spine.  Then you have a remote to control the impulses.  So I guess it is like a tens unit that goes on your spine.  I am really scared and just wanted to know if anyone else has ever tried this.

I have tried so many different pain meds and therapies.  I have all ready had 11 surgeries.  All of the doctors I go to tell me not to have any more surgeries.  I feel so despirate for some relief from this pain.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: