Again......

Wed Dec 23 21:37:45 2009

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] Sent: Monday, December 21, 2009 9:20 PM To: adhesions-request@adhesions.org Subject: Notification: message ignored

Hi! I'm sorry you're dealing with all if this. Your symptoms are right on with what I deal with. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to what causes the flare-ups to happen. From my experience, it can be stress, diet and strangely enough, atmospheric pressure changes from flying. Adhesions are very difficult to show up on tests. I was one of the "lucky ones" whose adhesions showed up during a colonoscopy. In spite of that, I've learned that many doctors really don't believe that they cause the problems that those of us who suffer from them know that they do. Understanding adhesions is very new in the medical profession. Please keep searching until you find a doctor who understands them. Unfortunately, there isn't a lot that can be done. More surgery produces more adhesions. Take it from someone who's tried. It really comes down to pain and nutrition management. Please let us know where you live. We can help offer some suggestions for doctors who do understand and can help I'm sorry you had to meet us this way!

Kris

________________________________________ From: Adhesions Society <adhesions@adhesions.org>

--
Sent: Mon, December 21, 2009 8:43:42 PM
Subject: ADHESIONS digest 1213

ADHESIONS Digest 1213

Topics covered in this issue include:

1) Again......     by "IAS Admin \(Tracy\)" <tracy.joslin@adhesions.org>   2) Just getting started     by "IAS Admin \(Tracy\)" <tracy.joslin@adhesions.org>

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 18:19:45 -0600 ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: "IAS Admin \(Tracy\)" <tracy.joslin@adhesions.org> ---------------------------------------------------------------------- To: <adhesions@adhesions.org> Subject: Again...... From: rasputin@roadrunner.com (David) Subject: Again......

Just need some information. Same old story...again. Had the gallbladder out around sixteen years ago. No relief. Every test known to man. Nothing. Doctor more or less said it was all in my head. Many doctors. Many tests. Nothing. The years go on and I deal with it. I hear about these adhesions from my new and much better doctor. Said better to leave them alone. Fine. I read up on them. Read this web site. It helps.   I'm sure that is my problem. What else can it be ? Nothing ever shows up on the tests. Neither does adhesions and I'm not about to let them hack me open again...actually it was one of the first laparoscopic gallbladder removals in my area...lucky me.     My problem is that they "flair up" from time to time. It could be for a few days or weeks. Sometimes even a few hours ( especially after a bowel movement ). Sometimes the pain is mild, sometimes severe enough where I'd like to cut my stomach open or, right where the  gallbladder use to be. Then it goes away as quick as it came on.   Sometimes I can go months without an attack. Sometimes weeks.   Now it's like Hell. Right where the gallbladder use to be and at this moment I need just a little reassurance.   I haven't any other symptoms. No lose of appetite. No weight lose. No fatigue or throwing up. At fifty eight I run ultra marathons and box and do karate and am just a bundle of energy but.......it's this g*&&^%$#@ pain; adhesions.     I'm just wondering, again if anyone out there has the same symptoms.   Does your attacks or flair ups come on occasion ?   Does the pain come in waves ?   Does stress seem to play a part.   Do you have periods where there isn't any pain at all?   I have noticed that as time goes on these attacks     sometimes get a little ( a lot ) worse. Anyone out there have similar symptoms ? Right they're killing me so any bit of advice will help.   Thank you.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: