Re: Adhesions associated with lower back pain??

Wed Oct 11 22:03:20 2006

At Fri, 6 Oct 2006, Scheri wrote: >
>Does anyone suffer from lower back pain with their adhesions? I'm also
>having bowel problems but CT scan came back normal. I am relying on
>laxatives for bowel movements and I am bloated every day. I would
>appreciate any suggestions. Doctor sent me for CT scan and when it came
>back normal, I heard nothing about my symptoms. Please give advice.
>
>--
>Scheri
>

Have you had a recent colonoscopy? My mom is having the same problems with bloating (she looks 9 mos pregnant), constipation and pain. She has some pain in her back but mostly pressure. She too had a ct scan 2 wks ago that came back normal except for some mild inflammation. Her doctor said that was from the adhesions, but did a colonoscopy. That came back normal. He said there was nothing more he could do and sent her to a surgeon. The surgeon is refusing to do surgery because she has had 2 previous surgeries for adhesions and they only made her symptom free for a yr or so each time. He said that was not good enough and there is too much risk involved. He said that one of these times, surgery will kill her. Have any of you been told this by your doctors? We are not sure what to do at this point unless we can find another surgeon to operate. If not, then she has to continue living like she is and she is miserable. She too is bloated and living on laxatives every day, also having partial small bowel obstructions frequently and is unable to work or do much of anything. Does anyone have any suggestions? How many surgeries have you had for adhesions?

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: