Surgery Jan 10th

From: International Adhesions Society (tracy.joslin@adhesions.org)
Tue Jan 3 19:54:47 2006

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of DBargad@aol.com Sent: Friday, December 30, 2005 2:43 AM Subject: Re: Surgery Jan 10th

Dear Kellie- I feel very sorry that people dont understand. Its probably because of a high blood estrogen that is causing all this. Endo and fibroids feed and grow due to estrogen.

Take away the estrogen (lupron) and they have nothing to feed on. I have heard nothing but good news about micro laser surgery. I do wonder though how they will keep the area protected from more adhesions. Please ask your doctor about a stress dose of steroid before surgery and a small maintenance dose afterwards for about 6 months? Why? Well, it keeps the inflammation and trauma from surgery at a minimum and attribute that to being so many years pain free and adhesion free.

If you are to have your ovaries out, then your body wont be producing estrogen and the endo and fibroids will resolve hopefully. I have had two abdomenal surgeries. One in 91 and in 95. Laser first, then excision of uterus due to fibroids, left my ovaries in. When they take out organs like a uterus, your intestines will shift down into that empty cavity so thats a key time for adhesions to happen. Thats why you feel your insides will spill out after a hysterectomy. P.S. Pregnancy will cause your estrogen to spike sky high. So much for that just have another baby idea. Good luck and stay strong. Deborah

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: