Re: Surgery Jan 10th

Sun Jan 8 15:34:34 2006

Deborah,

Thank you so much for this information regarding steroids..I had a PA tell me that he believed steriods would help prevent adhesions from returning. I will definately request the steriod dose if (fingers crossed:)I ever have another lapro. My adhesions are due to inflamation around my small bowel. I have been researching inflamation and the affects it has on our bodies. I know my adhesions are due to chronic inflamation due to the fact that my adhesions do not form after a lapro around surgical area, nor do I have any infections..Also, my adhesions do not come back around area in which they were removed previously.

Thus, I have conlcuded my adhesions have to be forming due to inflamation in my stomach. The adhesions are always on my bowel area so I am trying to learn everthing I can about inflamation and how to keep it at bay..

I am learning inflamation affects all of us on some level and is extremely hard on our health, affecting our hearts, gi system, etc. Stress and diet also play an important role in inflamation. I have even thought about asking my doctor about taking an anti-inflamatory med also.

Again,thanks for mentioning the steroid treatment, Deborah, because I feel anything which can help reduce inflamation, especially after surgery, can be beneficial in reducing the amount of adhesions which form after surgery.

Now, if doctors could put the two together (barrier/anti-inflamatory) and also the surgery technique, we could literally be healed from adhesions! What frustrates me so much about adhesions is that prevention/treatment is not that difficult in reality - What's difficult is getting doctors to do a litte bit of homework, research, and get them out of their 'herd' mantality so we can receive decent quality treatment..

Please ask your doctor about a >stress dose of steroid before surgery and a small
>maintenance dose afterwards for about 6 months?

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: