Re: Surgery Jan 10th

Tue Jan 3 19:53:16 2006

Dear Kellie, Even 20 years ago when the Drs thought that I had endo, pregnancy was the cure. I think that pregnancy helps, but it is not a cure by any means.

When I was in Germany in June 2003 facing surgery again, I had my fears about the Dr not finding anything wrong with me. Although I knew I had adhesions I had thought of what if I was making this pain up just to take the medications, just to get out of cleaning and cooking. But, yet again, adhesions were found. I still had my doubts that I was rid of them after the surgery. I still had some pain, and rather than thinking it could be surgical pain I was feeling, I had my self convinced that my adhesions returned. As I headed off a week later for my "2nd look lap", I just knew the adhesion returned and when the Dr came to talk to me after surgery, I was going to ask for a 3rd surgery before I returned home. But, to my surprise and total amazement, I was found to be adhesion free. And, even though I knew I was adhesion free, when ever I felt any discomfort or pain at home, it worried me. Sometimes I would just cry, thinking of having them return. One day, my husband told me "Look, you were 100% adhesion free and the Dr said they wouldn't come back with out an injury or more surgery, so stop worring about it." It sounded really gruff from my mild mannered husband, but it sunk in. By the time I reached the 6th month after surgery, I no longer had any days with discomfort or pain. Then it dawned on me, it can take up to 6 months to a year for you body to recover from surgery. And since I had been in bed for over 2 years, I had some very weak muscel that I was using and some times they were sore from use. Now, 2 1/2 years later, I am doing just great! I have no pain at all. robin M

At Thu, 29 Dec 2005, Kellie wrote: >
>My last post was on March 19th 2004. Then I was engaged and getting
>ready for surgery #2. Now I am 6 months married and getting ready for
>surgery #3.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: