Re: Adhesion diagnosis/new visitor/help!!!

Sat Oct 8 08:49:43 2005

Hi Kathy in Houston;

I'm also in the Houston Area and had to have surgery due to the adhesions pulling on my sciatic nerve so badly. I too did the "What If" but my surgery proved once again that I DO know my body, and could have pretty much pinpointed all of my adhesion spots except 1 that I didn't know was there.

The pulling that you are feeling IS a symptom of adhesions, but if you are only feeling pulling symptoms, please know that surgery (any type) may make this symptom worse. Read the boards, get informed BEFORE you do surgery. The hospital screwed up on mine and did not close my incision with anything so I bled out. I now have adhesions where I didn't have before, so it's not a great situation to be in.

Everyone on this board should READ previous posts and educate yourself before going under the knife unless it's life threatening. We see questions asked that have already been answered several times, so reading and getting informed is VERY vital to your life with this disease.

Best of luck Kathy,

Janine Sender: sharp1147@msn.com (Kathy in Houston) Subject: Re: Adhesion diagnosis/new visitor/help!!!

I am still waiting for my medical records so I can go see a new doctor. Hurricane Rita has really messed up power here and everyone is having rolling blackouts. The doctor's office is having a tough time retrieving my records, since their systems keep going up and down from the power problems.

I am really scared of having a laporoscopy done to "look" for adhesions. I am afraid there won't be any there.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: