NEW USER: Need Information on Adhesions to consider Surgery

Tue Oct 4 19:08:56 2005

Can anyone please help me with a decision to have surgery or not?

My backround is that I am 82 years old and in generally good health other than arthritis. I had radiation treatments in 2001 for ovariary cancer. Also in 2001, I had a complete surgical hysterortomy. I was fine for two years.

Then in 2003, I started having severe abdominal pains which have been getting more frequent and involved overnight stays in hospital. After extensive admission of painkillers, the pain would subside until the next episode. Since then I have had my stomach pumped 4 out of 11 times. I have been told I have adhesions and have tried to watch my diet. The syptoms are really of a bowel blockage. I have consulted with 6 physicians. I even went for a week of tests and consultations at the Mayo Clinic in Feb of this year and they confirmed the same. They suggested surgery, but no guarantees that it would work or have more adhesions.

I would like to avoid surgery if I can, but at a loss of what to do and where. I live in the midwest USA.

I WOULD APPRECIATE HEARING FROM ANYBODY WHO HAS HAD SIMILAR EXPERIENCE AND WHAT THEY DID TO GET THEIR HEALTH BACK OR STOP THE PAIN/EPISODES!!! PLEASE!!!

--
Thank you all, Igg

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: