Re: SEEKING ADVICE

Tue Oct 4 19:07:58 2005

At Sat, 1 Oct 2005, LPS wrote: I CAN ALREADY SEE THE LOOKS >THAT IT IS ALL IN MY HEAD. HOW DO YOU KNOW YOU HAVE ADHESIONS AND CAN
>THEY CAUSE GASTIC TROUBLE SUCH AS GAS AND EXTREME CRAMPING. WHAT DO ANY
>OF YOU RECOMMEND FOR THE PAIN. ITS NICE TO KNOW OTHERS ARE OUT THERE
>WITH THE SAME TROUBLE AND THAT I AM NOT CRAZY.>>

You are not crazy and yes adhesions can cause severe gastric problems among many other problems:*( I feel so helpless myself and really dont have much advice other than trying to find a gyn who is experienced with adhesions.

I am learning it is very important to ask what type of procedure they use to take down the adhesions. I have read where laser is the best and I am even wondering if an endocrinologist might be the best for trying to keep the adhesions from returning. They have special skills in performing lapro's which limit the return of adhesions.

Adhesions are real and unfortunately many dr's to not take them seriously. They do NOT show up on any tests. Its as though if something doesnt show up on a test - then nothing could possibly be wrong with you..

Fortunatley I am in pain management, however, the pain medicine does not take away the horrible constricting, pulling, and tugging adhesions cause. Its the most horrible symptom of adhesions and I find it extremely difficult to explain to others what if feels like to have your abdomen slowly cemented together.

I liken my stomach to a car motor running on one cylander instead of 6. You awake each day terribly weak, lack of appetite, and this constant pain/pulling on your abdomen. I have spent the last 2 months bed ridden due to weakness while contemplating yet another lapro. I have waited as long as I can because another lapro means more adhesions. What is a girl to do?

I hope this offers some of you poor women just a little comfort to let you know you are not alone and you are not crazy or imagining things. Adhesions are very real and DO cause PAIN and can get to the point where they put you in bed.

Christie

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: