Adhesions and diet

Tue Jun 7 17:08:59 2005

Hi,

First had liver surgery 15 years ago and then subsequest lung surgery over the last 6 years. Abdominal pain / bloating / followed by constipation and diaroeah started around this time (15 yrs ago) and has probably gotten worse over these recent years. Approx 2-3 years ago I stumbled across an article on Coeliacs disease and found that my symptoms were identical, so I cut out wheat/Gluten ad the regular weekly pains actually stopped after a few weeks and remained that way for quite some time.

But more recently after talking to my Dr's about this and subsequest biopsies and blood tests it revealed I didn't have coeliacs disease, so of course the Dr's said I can eat wheat again etc, buy guess what, after about 1 week of eating 1 slice of bread with each breakfast I got the most intense abdominal pains/constipation again, only solved by large doses of panadeine and large (very large!) amounts of water.

I feel like I'm going crazy, the pain as you are all aware is so intense and crippling followed by bouts of diaroeah and constipation when I eat wheat products in particular, but it still happens less frequently when I avoid wheat. My Dr has advised that I would most definitely have adhesions but may also have a slight wheat sensitivity. I can avoid wheat (and get less often pains) but is there anything else I can do or anyone can recommend? I have seen some ppl saying to thoroughly chew up foods more and to eat more frequently smaller meals, all these things have helped slightly but is there anything else?

Why does it vary so much? it seems to some times go away quickly after drinking 3-4 glasses of water quickly but then other times it seems to not help.

Anyway, help!!!

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: