can ANYONE pleeeeeeeease help me???

Wed Feb 2 19:35:27 2005

Hi everyone I really hope everyone is doing "okay" at least. I had left a message a few days ago but havent gotten any responds to it.. here is a copy of the message I left-

Hello everyone... I dont know if many or any of you remember me, but Ive posted here before in the past, and well here I am months and months (probably even years!) later exactly where I started... but WORSE!

Incase noone does remember me- Im 20 yrs old (female) that was born with hydrocephalus (fluid on the brain) and have massive pelvic adhesions. I have had 31 surgeries now, for both the hydrocephalus and gyno problems like ovarian cysts, pelvic pain ect. Well last Feb. I had an ovarian cyst removed that was the size of a grapefruit! the ob-gyn who did it could NOT believe what my insides looked like, thats how bad the scar tissue is... he said in his 25 yrs of being a ob-gyn he had never seen anything so horrific. he also had to call in a second surgen to "help" him out when he removed the cyst last year.

Well now I have yet another cyst. I have old ob gyn's who have done laprotomies and scopes and she said she dug and dug thru adhesions and said I definitly only have one ovary- my left one. she said I DID NOT have a right ovary. but when I went for the last ultra sound for this left cyst that was bothering me (ALOT!) the ultra sound tech said I DO have a right AND a left ovary because I have a cyst on my right ovary, and TWO of them on my left!( one on the outside of my left ovary and the other on that same side is INSIDE my ovary) so who is right.. I dont know...nor do I know how many ovaries I actually have!

Either way these cyst(s) on the left side r KILLING me! to the point where it takes my breath away at times (not in a good way either! lol)WEll my ob-gyn has basically told me he doesnt know what to do! I am sooooooo fusterated, and confused because to me if a dr doesnt know what to do and how to help me, how am I ever suppose to know?!?! he told me he will not remove any of the cysts because of what he saw last yr when he went in there.

and I guess since I already have lots of adhesions no surgery isnt such a bad thing! but I also cant just sit back and "deal" with the pain either! its bad enough I have to deal with the pain from the adhesions every single day of my life... pain from cysts on top of that is just too much for me. Im trying to be be "wimpy" and to be brave and deal with it, but I really just dont know how much longer I can do it for.

Pain meds arent even working to help deal with the pain either! the pain meds actually never did help with the pain from these cysts from the begining (when I was first diagnoised with the cysts they admitted me to the hospital and treated my pain with morphene, while they tried to decide what they could and wanted to do about it.)my ob-gyn also put me pn bc (birth control) to help prevent future cysts, but it still hasnt helped the fact that I still have cysts on my ovaries now! does ANYONE have ANY suggestions at all for me? if so they would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advanced AnnMarie

I just dont know what to do, where to go or who to go to?? I was working soooo hard to get to PA to see D.R gerhart so that maybe he could have helped me, but my pcp is STILL hesitant because he doesnt "know" D.R G or any other DR's from P.A... I even offered to give him their phone number to the office in P.A... there adresss anythinnnnnng so he could get to know him and so on... but well like the rest of my luck.. things arent working out good for me =*( I am so fusterated and scard and worst of all in way TOO MUCH pain (Im thinking a possible reason my pain has gotten so much worse over the past month or so could be from the cysts i have on and inside my ovary(s). my pain clinic dr wants me to see a G.I dr because in the surgical reports from the past 3 surgeries it says (im going to type exactly word for word from the surgical reports i have in my hand for the GI and 2nd gyno I have ot go to) on one of the surgical reports it says... the inspection showed massive adhesions between both ovaries fallopian tubes, and the anterior and lateral abdominal wall. it was possible to enter the space between the uterus and the bowel and free the dul-de-sac with a gentle blunt dissection. attention was then turned to the left ovary and adhesions between the sigmoid and the anterior abdominal wall as well as between the uterus and abdominal wall. a 5-6cm ovarian cyst appeared. in the meantime dr bentley had been asked to join the surgery to have an assistant due to the difficult circumstances with the massive multiple adhesions" ok now that was word for word directly copied from just one of the many many surgeries I had in my lifetime. I have more copies from surgical reports but Im sure noone wants to sit here and read anymore... this message is waaay too long as it is... I know, and im sorry I just cant help it, im so fusterated, and scared and confused, i just dont know what to do or who to go to anymore! can someone.... anyone have any advice, suggestions, or anything that could maybe help me??? it would be sooo very much apperciated. thanks for listening.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: