Had surgery, but pain is back

Mon Aug 13 11:57:13 2001

Hi, I have never posted a message, but can see that this is a great network that might give me some help and comfort. I had surgery the last week of April (laparoscopy) because of pain in the left side of my abdomen. The pain started out kind of subtle and I dealt with it for many many months. It became worse and I finally told by Gyno that something wasn't right. I was starting to loose weight, suffering from depression and my family was suffering, too. I had surgery and it ended up being adhesions from my tubal 5 1/2 years ago. After the surgery I felt really great for almost 3 months, but now I have the same pain again. I also have severe constipation. I can't go unless I take a laxative, which I usually end up doing about once a week just to relieve myself. Could I have adhesions again so soon? I don't want to have surgery every six months, but is that what I have to look forward to? Is there anything else I can do? Also, can someone suggest an over the counter pain reliever that is effective. I haven't found anything that will work, except prescription (Darvocet). Sorry this message is so long. Any comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Heike

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: