Re: UNUM Insurance Denied Long Term Disability Benefits

Fri Jan 21 09:11:49 2000

That is odd because I received disability but I was operated on for small bowel obstruction. We did not say my disability was due to adhesions. Is that what you all are going out on? I am curious because if I have to have another surgery, my surgeons are not sure I will be able to work. As it is, they are certain that I will only be able to work about 10 more years. I will be going out under the "adhesions" reason for LTD and if this is a problem, we need to do something about it now. UNUM will be my primary LTD benefit. Let's all talk.

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Happy6642@aol.com [SMTP:Happy6642@aol.com]
> Sent: Thursday, January 20, 2000 11:18 PM
> To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS
> Subject: Re: UNUM Insurance Denied Long Term Disability Benefits
>
> I was also denied for "pre-Exisitng Condition" by UNUM. I have been off
> work
> since Feb 1999, my short-term disability stopped on May 23, 1999. I am
> supposed to be receiving my First Disablilty check by the end of this
> month.
> I was not aware that alot of people with UNUM insurance were being Denied
> for
> the same reason. I am not sure about the appeal process, to be honest the
> thought never crossed my mind.
>
> Lou Ann
>

This e-mail message may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or agent responsible for delivery of this message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this e-mail message from your computer.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: