Advice please...

Sat Jan 15 16:24:01 2000

First, the background:

4/92 Ectopic pregnancy (emergency surgery, removal of left ovary & fallopian tube)(I did tell him it wasn't bad cramps - but as usual, he ignored me) 1/95 Conal biopsy, tubal ligation, lysis of adhesions (surprise, Dr. - I TOLD you I was hurting!) 8/96 Partial hysterectomy (all except the remaining ovary), lysis of adhesions (after 2 months of painkillers that made me stupid and nauseous and didn't stop the pain)

One week before the last operation was scheduled, I went in because of sudden bloating (I looked very pregnant!). The doctor I saw told me I was constipated and sent me home. I had approximately 1 yr of relief following the surgery, then the bloating started up again. The pain is constant, and when I'm bloated, it is nearly impossible to move.

I've had these episodes anywhere from 4-6 months apart, and each lasts anywhere from 1 day to 2 1/2 weeks. I've lost 3 jobs because of this, and the lab bills keep mounting up because, of course, insurance won't pay them. Now it's started again. I went through all the x-rays, CAT scans, the barium enema (no, no apparent blockage), and a ton of other tests. I was trying to avoid another operation. I can live with the constant pain - it's pretty bad but bearable. But not this - it started again last night and now I'm on the verge of losing another job. I can't do it!

If anyone reads this fairly quickly, I would like to know whether or not I should go to a clinic or what. An appointment with a doctor could take forever, and I can't work until something is done. I'm so paranoid about doctors because I get the same reactions as most of you apparently do - I'm an idiot and it's all in my head. Besides, they aren't the ones who end up with one unpayable bill for every work day they miss.

I'm in the Orlando, FL area. Does anyone know of a doctor around here with any experience with adhesions? Thank you so much.

--
Tara Sherman

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: