Pain that moves?

Wed Dec 22 07:31:14 1999

Hi everyone, I am having some severe pain that is moving around, and have no idea what to make of it. I am waiting for my doc to call me back now and see what he says. Since my 2 surgeries this summer (the last one 9/15/99) I have had chronic sometimes dull, sometimes sharp & stabbing, pelvic and abdominal pain. But it hasn't been bad enough to call a doc in quite some time. Just achey. I also have pain with sex now, that is getting worse. I have had a few procedures done to try and find the cause of the chronic achey pain, such as a colonoscopy & an EGD to check for ulcers. Both were negative (well they found polyps and removed those and my stomach was red & inflamed but otherwise all was normal). My bowels had quit working on their own for the last 3 months and they started working again this week, no idea why (haven't done anything different). I am scheduled for an ERCP on Jan. 5th to clean out my common bile duct of scar tissue and possible gallstones (had gallbladder out in 87). In both of my surgeries this summer I had massive adhesions removed. Between the 2 lap surgeries I grew new ones that were removed--from vagina to omentum. I am afraid the pain with sex means that one grew back :(

Anyway the moving pain started yesterday. I had pain on the level of 6 or 7 yesterday in right lower pelvic area just below the incision there, that went all through my genital area on that side and my upper right thigh as well. I had this pain before the 2nd surgery! Now it's back! I took ultram and at 1st it helped a little, then nothing at all. I went to bed last night and noticed that along with the pelvic pain, my right buttock, kidney & hip areas also hurt.

This morning I woke in agony, now the pain has moved to my right lower back and buttock area, kidney area and right upper thigh and side of my right thigh. All down my right leg as well. My pelvic area only hurts if I touch it or when sitting up like I am now. It hurts the worst when I sit.

What kind of pain would move like that? What could cause this? I have had physical therapy for months for my neck and back muscles which are weak, but that ended 2 weeks ago. This pain I have now doesn't feel at all related to that and even at it's worst that pain didn't compare to this.

Any ideas??? Gina

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: