Update from appointment with my gyn

Mon Aug 16 12:20:10 1999

Hello everyone,I had my appointment with my gyn on Friday.He had received the report from the Urologist telling him that I was cleared urologicaly.He had not received anything from the G I Dr. or the Pain Management Dr.I told him that I had a colonoscopy done and that everything was fine and that the G I Dr. had also ordered a MRI which showed everything was fine except for the 3 cm cyst on the right ovary.So the conclusion is that I have adhesions.He does not want to do any surgery right at this time though .I asked him why the cyst would grow with me being on the birth control pills ?THe way I am taking the pills is that I am taking the active pill constantly to slow down the activity of the ovary.He told me that to have the full effect of the pills I have to be on them for 3 months.Which he did tell me when he first put me on them.So he wants me to try them for another 2-3 months to see what happens,THe birth control pills are really helping my migraine headaches though.I have only had 1 migraine since i started these pills.So he told me that was a good sign, knowing that the pills are reducing the activity of the ovary,Because migraines can be caused by hormones also. He said that we could try something different which is Lupron,This would totally shut down the activity of the ovary.I chose to stay with what we are doing with the birth control pills.He said that when I go back to see him in November depending on how I am doing he may want to do another laporoscopy to see how the adhesions are and depending on how I am doing He would seriously consider taking the ovary and putting me on estrogen,He said that the estrogen would give me the same effects as the birth control pills as far as helping with the migraine headaches.So I am in a situation of waiting again to see how I do with pain management and also the B C pills.He did tell me that if I get any worse do not wait to call him he would want to see me right away.Sorry this was so long and Thanks for listening.All of you are a true blessing for giving me the support and understanding that is needed."FRIENDS THAT STICK TOGETHER" PEGGY

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: