Newcomers

Tue Jun 22 20:39:28 1999

Hello, we are new to this forum and would like to join the discussion and research for relief. I am Pete, and my wife is Donna, and she is the one who is sufferring with adhesions. (I support as best I can and am the computer literate one, so I will be doing most of the writing for now). Donna has been sufferring for about a year now - being one of the 11% who contract adhesions with the first abdominal surgery. After reading many of your posts, and Dr. Wiseman's article, we are very concerned about future surgery. We are following advice to see several doctors, including Dr. Olive's partner in New Haven, CT for pain mapping and his opinions. No doctor she have seen (her GP or her gynocologist) since her operation even mentioned adhesions, although she has had problems and pain since day one. A nurse friend suggested adhesions, and now the dr. who just did a colonoscopy on Donna agrees it probably is adhesions because her colon is clear and healthy. We have a big question for those of you who have been going through this agony for so long - Have any of you tried natureopathic or homeopathic medicine? We are stepping out into this area to investigate and find relief. We have found hope, and so far, some relief. Many of you possibly live on Metamucil, and so has Donna up until this past weekend. The practitioner (dr) she saw told her that for many, Metimucil expands, therefore causing pressure against the adhesions and more pain. She (the dr) gave Donna Fortified Flax and the results so far are tremendous. And Donna feels better than she has for quite some time. I don't want to begin communications with a book, so I'll close. But we really would like to hear from any of you who has had experience with this area of medicine. Write us at pjdutch@downcity.net

--
Pete and Donna

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: