Re: some days are better than others

Sat Jun 12 22:39:49 1999

Hi Denise, I am also 40 yrs. old and recently had my 5th surgery for adhesions. It was a total abdominal hysterectomy, appendectomy and lysis of dense intestinal and abdominal adhesions. I have been dealing with adhesions for about 10 years and I also suffer from fibromyalgia which is a chronic pain disorder. I have had to quit my job as a customer service representative to focus on getting as healthy as I can. I have had bowel obstructions and have lost a lot of weight, so I am trying to gain some back. It is hard to eat when you are nauseated!!! I try to live each day one at a time. I used to have problems sleeping also due to the pain, but I am now taking amitriptyline at bedtime and it has really helped me. The fact that I am not alone and can talk with other people through this forum has been very therapeutic. Good luck to you, remember, we have to stick together!!! I try to see humor in things, when I have a very bad day, I watch an old comedy on TV and laugh. My personal favorite is I Love Lucy!!! Sherry

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: