Re: Anyone tried the Clear Passage Physical Therapy?

Sun Jan 8 14:47:03 2012

At Thu, 5 Jan 2012, Sandy Smith wrote: >
>Where is the location in Iowa?
>
>At Fri, 1 May 2009, jetstamp wrote:
>>
>>[I was wondering if anyone here has tried the Clear Passage Physical
Therapy >>
>>There are 3 U.S. locations- I think one is in California, one is in
>>Florida, and there is one in Iowa. The Iowa location would be a
>>driveable distance although I would need to stay there for the duration
>>as it isn't close enough to drive every day- I live near the twin cities
>>in Minnesota.]

Sandy,

I just revisited their website- hadn't looked at it for a few years. It seems like they have since closed the Iowa location which I believe was located in Ames. They now have one in Indianapolis which didn't exist when I last looked. Also one in Washington DC and more locations in Florida.

I go to a massage therapist who does medically-oriented massage. She seemed to think that the success rate claimed for this therapy was not accurate- i9t was over-rated. I personally have not heard any first-hand comments from patients who have tried this therapy. And I know that the cost they used to give on their site was pretty steep- think it was several thousand dollars plus travel/lodging expenses. I did read a post on some forum- don't remember if it was here or somewhere else-where a woman said she thought it helped to loosen her adhesions but it didn't help her pain.

IMO, you can probably do just as well with a local physical therapist and/or doing your own stretching exercises. I used to do some from a book called 'Heal Pelvic Pain' by Amy Stein. They seemed to loosen things up at first but didn't help anywhere near as much as I needed. So maybe it depends on the extent or thickness of the adhesions as to whether physical or massage therapy can give adequate relief. >>

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: