adhesions - request for Dr. referral (MI)

Thu Sep 17 21:04:20 2009

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of Susan Kuszczak Sent: Thursday, September 17, 2009 11:48 AM To: adhesions-request@adhesions.org Subject: Re: adhesions - request for Dr. referral (MI)

Dr. Advincula performed the surgery.  But, as previously mentioned, he has now left U of M.  I had my post-op appt Monday Sept 14th.  That was his last day.  I also met with other surgeons that day who  participated in the surgery.  In my opinion, the doctor's at U of M's Women's Center are all equally compassionate and truly understand Pelvic Adhesive Disease combined with Chronic Pelvic Pain.

The surgery involved, per the medical report, lysis of thick omental adhesions along the right pelvic sidewall and anterior abdominal wall (which is where my bowels were entangled and adhered to).  My previous surgery involved adhesions on my bladder, appendix, etc.  They used SepraFilm which proved to be somewhat effective since this surgery showed less damage.

The hospital has since contacted me to participate in a Research Study.  Dr. Advincula told me my that what he saw in my "belly" was "very interesting and unusual".  Whatever that means, but I guess I will find out more during the research study.  Additionally, he actually gave me his new e-mail address at the facility in Florida where he is moving to.  I thought that was pretty cool.  He said to contact him anytime. 

Anyhow, I will continue treatment at U of M's Women's Center.  I am very sorry to see Dr. Advincula leave, but again, I have total faith in the entire staff as they have helped me in ways you cannot imagine.  And, as previously mentioned, Dr. Dodds at Providence in Farmington Hills is equally as wonderful.  He also helped me in many ways and was the one who finally realized, long ago, that my previous pain was actually due to Adenomyosis which had gone undiagnosed for many many years.

I wish you all the luck and hope you find someone to help you become relatively pain free as I have.  Please contact me anytime you would like.

Sincerely, Susan

--- On Tue, 9/15/09, IAS Admin (Tracy) <tracy.joslin@adhesions.org> wrote:

From: IAS Admin (Tracy) <tracy.joslin@adhesions.org> Subject: adhesions - request for Dr. referral (MI) To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.obgyn.net> Date: Tuesday, September 15, 2009, 9:04 PM Sender: "linda" <lindahalford@comcast.net> Subject: Re: adhesions - request for Dr. referral (MI)

Please give us the name of the doctor who performed the surgery,  what he did and where.  Thanks.

>----- Original Message -----
From: "IAS Admin (Tracy)" <tracy.joslin@adhesions.org> To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.obgyn.net> Sent: Saturday, September 12, 2009 4:50 AM Subject: adhesions - request for Dr. referral (MI)

> From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf
> Of
> Susan Kuszczak
> Sent: Thursday, September 10, 2009 12:37 PM
> To: adhesions-request@adhesions.org
> Subject: Re: adhesions - request for Dr. referral (MI)
>
> Good luck at U of M. I am feeling soooo much better after my surgery on
> Aug
> 14th. My follow-up is Sept 14th (Monday). The vomitting has stopped. I
> still have some discomfort, but probably will the rest of my life. Simply
> due to the multiple surgeries. Those abdominal muscles and nerves can only
> be cut into so many times before you have some type of permanent damage.
> BUT, this is so much more manageable. A couple of motrins now and then
> takes care of it. Driving is the most uncomfortable but I can certainly
> handle this. My doctor referred me for some physical therapy and is
> confident this will help.
>
> I go back to work Sept 20th and will finally be feeling like a productive
> person again. Again, best of luck. Maybe I will see you at U of M.
>
> Sincerely,
> Susan

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: