Pain is back

Mon Jul 13 18:48:28 2009

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of HERB F DIXON Sent: Saturday, July 11, 2009 8:56 PM To: adhesions-request@adhesions.org Subject: Re: Pain is back

Dalene, When I went to Germany for adhesion surgery back in 2005, another gal was there having surgery at the same time. She also could not eat. She did have a stomach tube installed so at least she was able to get some sort of nutrition. If I'm right, she had 1 suitcase full of just liquid to put into her feeding tube. You may see if you doc can do something like that for you. I am just getting continuously worse. I called the Dr's office the other day for help. Told the gal on the phone what I was going through and how I felt. I love it when they say are you feeling suicidal? Well now, what do you think? Constant pain like someone is stabbing you with a very sharp knife non-stop, pain feels like full rolling contractions as it peaks and builds up to the point of sobbing in pain, writhing back and forth on my bed, have handfuls of my hair just wanting to pull it out, ripping and tearing, almost like a tug of war going on inside, nauseous, doubling over, on and on, who doesn't feel suicidal? Love it, called my family Doc. on Wed. He is out til Mon. the nurse called and got info, then NEVER called me back. She called today 3 days later and told my Husband how sorry she is, and the Doc. will call me Mon. as soon as he returns. Thank goodness I also called my Gastro, He sent me in for 2 scans to rule things out. $1300.00 in cash later, I won't know for 1 1/2 weeks. I do know for a fact that the adhesions will not show up on either test, BUT we have to play the game. Someone here in the U.S. has got to help all of us. It cannot keep on going this way. I do understand why people do commit suicide from this. No relief. My Dad was here from Ca. I missed the 4th celebration, had to turn the car around and bring me home. What is so hard is the way family, friends ask questions, they talk almost down to you like you are a faker. ok GTG. Heating pad is calling my name. God bless all of you, and I pray for all of us to get well, and be healed. Thanks for listening, Cheryl

>----- Original Message -----
From: "IAS Admin (Tracy)" <tracy.joslin@adhesions.org> To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.obgyn.net> Sent: Sunday, July 05, 2009 8:47 PM Subject: Pain is back

>
> Sender: dalene1020@netzero.net (Dalene)
> Subject: Pain is back
>
> 3 days ago, I have decided to stop eating altogether.  I am doing fairly
> well without any abdominal pain and I am going to continue to not eat
> for at least 6 mos.  My sister wants me to have surgery again, but I
> feel that is not the answer for me right now.  My last surgery last year
> was difficult because I ended up in ICU for a couple of days.  I have
> been dealing with this disease since 1996 and continue to struggle.  My
> gastro doctor told me I have the gene for crohn's disease on top of my
> adhesion disease now.  He put me on a drug called: LIALDA which is for
> people with crohn's.  It does help a little but I am still suffering in
> pain again.  I see my pain doctor tomorrow.  I am still full time
> employed and trying to hold on to my job.  My job understands my disease
> and they seem to tolerate it because I am under FMLA intermediate ,
> which means that whenever the pain gets to be too much for me at work,
> then I can sign out on FMLA and go home for that day.
> My sister wants me to fill out social security disability because I am
> not getting any better.  I tried the first time with a counselor who
> told me not to fill the paper work out because with the money that I am
> currently earning would not justify me for disability.  I can hardly
> hold on to working 40 hrs a week.  I do the best that I can and
> sometimes feel it is not good enough.  It is just so expensive to be
> sick in this day and age.  I am at a point in my life now that I will
> have to continue to work until one day I am not able to tolerate the
> pain anymore and be put on a morphine pump.
> Could all of you please pray for me? And also that the Lord give me the
> strength to keep my job?
> Thank-you all for listening to me.  It feels great to get this all off
> of my chest.  Thank-you from the bottom of my hear.
> Dalene
>

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: