Doctors and Meds-Vent-Texas Mentioned

Sun Jun 14 20:03:35 2009

Hi,

In the past year I have been through 6 doctors. Really, since we have moved to Texas I have never met such incompetent doctors. Actually, 4 out of 6 of the doctors don't want to deal with me because of adhesions. Has anyone else come across this? One had a memory problem and the other, tried to force a spinal inplant stimulator.

Why is it so hard to find a doctor who has knowledge and will treat me? The last doctor I went to got seemed like she would work out until she read my records. (My records indicate that I comply with doctor orders, am of sound mind but have a really screwed up abdominal/pelvic area.) Our first visit was fine. She wanted me to see a gastro even though that had been ruled out. The second visit she was different. She said this was a condition I was going to have to live with. Inbetween I had made a few phone calls, never were they returned. The third visit I saw a PA. Never did she prescribe anything to me. Then the letter came stating that my problems were more than she could handle and could I find another doctor. Really I don't know what to do about it. Do I let it go? Do I write a letter in response? It really bugs me.

I do see a new gyno on Tuesday. My neighbor sees her and she is being treated for endo. I am keeping my fingers crossed she is strong enough to take me on. I was trying to stay with a doctor in my area because I don't like to drive to much anymore. I just hope I don't have to go to Dallas, which would be a 90 minute drive. I have to concur with someone who wrote they walk around like a 80 year old lady, I am the same way. I can pull it together when I need to, but it takes a lot out of me.

Has anyone noticed that doctors are not prescribing meds that much anymore? I was informed that in Texas the DEA are cracking down on doctors watching the amount of narcartics they are prescribing? A friend that is a nurse at a doctors office mentioned the doctor has cut way back after receiving a warning on a cancer patient.

Thanks for listening Alta

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: