Re: thanks everyone, found a surgeon

Sat Mar 14 10:46:55 2009

--0016e645abf47b8ad4046516f620 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Christina, Yes, you are right, I am meeting with Dr. Semertzides in OH. I have so much going on inside that needs to be taken out, and your email really eased my mind. It brought tears to my eyes when I read your story, being sewn back up with the poison inside you. No one really understands how much that destroys your body. I feel so reassured by your words, I know that the adhesion pain may not go completely away, but am hoping for help getting the ostomy back, so I can have a life again. I meet with him this monday at 4. Thank you for everything, stay strong, I am happy you are doing so well. I will let you know how it goes, say a prayer!

On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 11:38 PM, <Thorinaadams@aol.com> wrote:

> Michele,
>
> Hi I have a hunch you are seeing Dr Semertzides in OH. I have been to him
> and wanted to tell you of my experience w/him so maybe you can be rest
> assured he is a great doctor!
>
> Ok, I will give you as much information as I possibly can muster up. The
> whole reason I am posting sooo much on this board about Dr Semertzides is so
> possibly at least one person out there will not have to suffer with this
> just as much as I have. Everything I told and am about to tell you is the
> absolute truth.
>
> I lived w/adhesions for approx. 2 years. With 8 surgeries to remove them.
> One of those times almost killed me due to the fact the doctor (not Dr
> Semertzides) nicked my bowel in 2 places and closed me up that way. All of
> the contents in my bowel were emptied into my body and I went into septic
> shock. Thank god my husband is a paramedic and knew what to look for. He
> saved my life. Anyways, I was suffering w/a partial bowel obstruction d/t
> adhesions and in pain and suffering just as you are. I had been on the
> internet a million and one times to find just SOMEONE who could actually
> help. I once again went on and there he was. What a god miracle! I had
> never seen him before!
>
> Ok, low down on everything.Dr Semertzides was trained to do surgery from
> the doctor who invented laprascopic surgery! He is the only ONE licensed in
> the US to perform this procedure! He cuts and burns the adhesive tissue
> inside. Then applies what is called a fibrin protein. AKA Fibrin Glue. He
> then freezes that spot to stop blood flow to that area. The fibrin glue
> lasts approx 12 days while the body heals as this is the time the adhesions
> will normally form. Adhesions may return, but will NOT be nearly as severe.
> Now, his success rate is this.....35 % will never need surgery
> again......35% may need one more surgery to correct everything....the rest
> will never be cured. so go into this with your eyes open. But I will tell
> you this.....I am a paramedic as well, and in good conscience, would NEVER
> recommend this, unless it worked! And IT DID!! I have not felt this good
> in years. I still have little, itty bitty twinges of pain but I gotta tell
> you...I live again and NOT ON PAIN MEDS. Excedrin (acetaminophen) takes
> that little twinge away. I had surgery back in October, and on a normal
> basis, would have been crawling with pain by now. I am doing AWESOME!!!
> Thank Dr Semertzides when you meet him and tell him Christina Adams from
> Tennessee sent you.
>
> Now about hospital....your going to love this!! NO PAIN the entire time
> you are there!! The staff (nurses) are absolutely awesome! They are asking
> if you need pain meds before you are LOL. The hospital that he performs the
> surgery at is Bethesda North in Cinncinnati. I was there for 2 weeks but I
> had an unusual situation. He said normally people are there 3 days. But I
> was partially obstructed and had to have IV food to strengthen my body
> before I could survive the surgery. I was there 3 days after my surgery.
> And he made sure I was not in any pain for the trip home. I don't know
> about insurance. You would have to call to find out. Below is the link to
> his website. Oh yea....forgot about this....YOU GET TO WATCH YOUR SURGERY
> ON DVD AFTER THE SURGERY!!! There is absolutely no question as to what went
> on!!! If you have any other questions.....feel free to email me. Best of
> Luck to all...May God give each and every one of you the strength to survive
> and get back to living!!!
>
> Love Always
>
> Christina Adams
>
> Maryville, TN
>
> About Adhesions: Dr. John Semertzides Solutions for Chronic Problems with
> Pelvic / Abdominal Adhesions. <http://www.aboutadhesions.com/index.html>
>
> In a message dated 3/13/2009 2:46:32 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
> krisl1204@yahoo.com writes:
>
> At Fri, 13 Mar 2009, michele wrote:
> > Hi Michele! I'm so sorry you're going through all of this. I'm glad you
> found a surgeon who is willing to do something. I hope they do it soon!I
> know those ER visits too well...and mag citrate sucks! So, they won't give
> you the pain meds because of the bowel slow down? It's so frustrating
> because I know that's true, but it's so painful. There has to be a balance!
> Hang in there. I'll be thinking of you!
>
> Kris
> >thank you for listening to my story. yes, i sued that doc(then he left
> >the state). Everyone was found not guilty, and as he goes on with his
> >life, i am stuck with all his mistakes.
> >
> >any way, i did find a wonderful doc in ohio, although i would have loved
> >to gone to dr redan in fla. I just cant afford it. It looks as though
> >i'll be getting an ostomy, possible hysto, and all those adhesions
> >removed, hopefully for good this time. i spent the weekend in the e.r.,
> >again obstucted, arghh.
> >
> >no pain meds though, you know the deal, just suffer because they will
> >slow down your bowel. i have drank THREE bottles of mag citrate, and
> >nothing.
> >
> >just trying to make it thru another day, surgery should be in a few
> >weeks, if i make it! I'm scared to death, but I cant live like this
> >anymore. keep your fingers crossed!
>
> http://www.adhesions.org/forums/message.htm
>
> ------------------------------
> *A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See yours in just 2 easy steps!<http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1220439616x1201372437/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fwww.freecreditreport.com%2Fpm%2Fdefault.aspx%3Fsc%3D668072%26hmpgID%3D62%26bcd%3DfebemailfooterNOFdefault.aspx%3Fsc%3D668072%26hmpgID%3D62%26bcd%3DfebemailfooterNO62>
> *
>

--0016e645abf47b8ad4046516f620 Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div>Christina,</div> <div>Yes, you are right, I am meeting with Dr. Semertzides in OH.  I have so much going on inside that needs to be taken out, and your email really eased my mind.  It brought tears to my eyes when I read your story, being sewn back up with the poison inside you.  No one really understands how much that destroys your body.  I feel so reassured by your words, I know that the adhesion pain may not go completely away, but am hoping for help getting the ostomy back, so I can have a life again.  I meet with him this monday at 4.  Thank you for everything, stay strong, I am happy you are doing so well.  I will let you know how it goes, say a prayer!<br> <br></div> <div class="gmail_quote">On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 11:38 PM, <span dir="ltr">&lt;<a href="mailto:Thorinaadams@aol.com">Thorinaadams@aol.com</a>&gt;</span> wrote:<br> <blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="PADDING-LEFT: 1ex; MARGIN: 0px 0px 0px 0.8ex; BORDER-LEFT: #ccc 1px solid"> <div style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #000000; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><font face="Arial" color="#000000" size="2"> <div>Michele,</div> <div> </div> <div>Hi I have a hunch you are seeing Dr Semertzides in OH.  I have been to him and wanted to tell you of my experience w/him so maybe you can be rest assured he is a great doctor! <p style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"></span> </p> <p style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Ok, I will give you as much information as I possibly can muster up.  The whole reason I am posting sooo much on this board about Dr Semertzides is so possibly at  least one person out there will not have to suffer with this just as much as I have.  Everything I told and am about to tell you is the absolute truth.</span></p>

<p style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"> </span></p> <p style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">I lived w/adhesions for approx. 2 years.  With 8 surgeries to remove them. One of those times almost killed me due to the fact the doctor (not Dr Semertzides) nicked my bowel in 2 places and closed me up that way.  All of the contents in my bowel were emptied into my body and I went into septic shock.  Thank god my husband is a paramedic and knew what to look for.  He saved my life.  Anyways, I was suffering w/a partial bowel obstruction d/t adhesions and in pain and suffering just as you are.  I had been on the internet a million and one times to find just SOMEONE who could actually help.  I once again went on and there he was.  What a god miracle!  I had never seen him before!</span></p>

<p style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"> </span></p> <p style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Ok, low down on everything.Dr Semertzides was trained to do surgery from the doctor who invented laprascopic surgery!  He is the only ONE licensed in the US to perform this procedure!  He cuts and burns the adhesive tissue inside. Then applies what is called a fibrin protein. AKA Fibrin Glue.  He then freezes that spot to stop blood flow to that area.  The fibrin glue lasts approx 12 days while the body heals as this is the time the adhesions will normally form. Adhesions may return, but will NOT be nearly as severe.  Now, his success rate is this.....35 % will never need surgery again......35% may need one more surgery to correct everything....the rest will never be cured. so go into this with your eyes open.  But I will tell you this.....I am a paramedic as well, and in good conscience, would NEVER recommend this, unless it worked!  And IT DID!!  I have not felt this good in years.  I still have little, itty bitty twinges of pain but I gotta tell you...I live again and NOT ON PAIN MEDS.  Excedrin (acetaminophen) takes that little twinge away.  I had surgery back in October, and on a normal basis, would have been crawling with pain by now.  I am doing AWESOME!!!  Thank Dr Semertzides when you meet him and tell him Christina Adams from Tennessee sent you.  </span></p>

<p style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"> </span></p> <p style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Now about hospital....your going to love this!!  NO PAIN the entire time you are there!!  The staff (nurses) are absolutely awesome!  They are asking if you need pain meds before you are LOL.  The hospital that he performs the surgery at is Bethesda North in Cinncinnati.  I was there for 2 weeks but I had an unusual situation.  He said normally people are there 3 days.  But I was partially obstructed and had to have IV food to strengthen my body before I could survive the surgery. I was there 3 days after my surgery.  And he made sure I was not in any pain for the trip home.  I don't know about insurance. You would have to call to find out.  Below is the link to his website.  Oh yea....forgot about this....YOU GET TO WATCH YOUR SURGERY ON DVD AFTER THE SURGERY!!!  There is absolutely no question as to what went on!!!  If you have any other questions.....feel free to email me.  Best of Luck to all...May God give each and every one of you the strength to survive and get back to living!!!</span></p>

<p style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"> </span></p> <p style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Love Always</span></p> <p style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Christina Adams</span></p> <p style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Maryville, TN</span></p> <p style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><a href="http://www.aboutadhesions.com/index.html" target="_blank">About Adhesions: Dr. John Semertzides Solutions for Chronic Problems with Pelvic / Abdominal Adhesions.</a> </span></p>

<p style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><font size="3"><font face="Times New Roman"> </font></font></p></div> <div> <div></div> <div class="h5"> <div> </div> <div> <div>In a message dated 3/13/2009 2:46:32 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, <a href="mailto:krisl1204@yahoo.com" target="_blank">krisl1204@yahoo.com</a> writes:</div> <blockquote style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: blue 2px solid"><font style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" face="Arial" color="#000000" size="2">At Fri, 13 Mar 2009, michele wrote:<br>&gt; Hi Michele! I'm so sorry you're going through all of this. I'm glad you found a surgeon who is willing to do something. I hope they do it soon!I know those ER visits too well...and mag citrate sucks! So, they won't give you the pain meds because of the bowel slow down? It's so frustrating because I know that's true, but it's so painful. There has to be a balance! Hang in there. I'll be thinking of you!<br> <br>Kris<br>&gt;thank you for listening to my story.  yes, i sued that doc(then he left<br>&gt;the state).  Everyone was found not guilty, and as he goes on with his<br>&gt;life, i am stuck with all his mistakes.<br>&gt;<br> &gt;any way, i did find a wonderful doc in ohio, although i would have loved<br>&gt;to gone to dr redan in fla.  I just cant afford it.  It looks as though<br>&gt;i'll be getting an ostomy, possible hysto, and all those adhesions<br> &gt;removed, hopefully for good this time.  i spent the weekend in the e.r.,<br>&gt;again obstucted, arghh.<br>&gt;<br>&gt;no pain meds though, you know the deal, just suffer because they will<br>&gt;slow down your bowel.  i have drank THREE bottles of mag citrate, and<br> &gt;nothing.<br>&gt;<br>&gt;just trying to make it thru another day, surgery should be in a few<br>&gt;weeks, if i make it! I'm scared to death, but I cant live like this<br>&gt;anymore.  keep your fingers crossed!<br> <br><br>To remove yourself from the <a href="mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org" target="_blank">adhesions@adhesions.org</a> mailing list please go<br>to the unsubscribe form at <a href="http://www.adhesions.org/forums/listcmds.htm" target="_blank">http://www.adhesions.org/forums/listcmds.htm</a><br>

tm</a><br></font></blockquote></div></div></div></font> <div><br><font style="FONT: 10pt arial,san-serif; COLOR: black"> <hr style="MARGIN-TOP: 10px"> <b>A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. <a href="http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1220439616x1201372437/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fwww.freecreditreport.com%2Fpm%2Fdefault.aspx%3Fsc%3D668072%26hmpgID%3D62%26bcd%3DfebemailfooterNOFsc%3D668072%26hmpgID%3D62%26bcd%3DfebemailfooterNO62" target="_blank">See yours in just 2 easy steps!</a></b></font></div> </div></blockquote></div><br>

--0016e645abf47b8ad4046516f620--

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: