Re: can a ct scan miss adhesions?

Sat Mar 14 14:39:58 2009

At Fri, 13 Mar 2009, Carmela Canale wrote: >
... Everyone is responsible for their own health. I would also like to say serripeptase is a blood thinner. Check with your doctor... >

>>> ----- Original Message -----
> From: Katie<mailto:katie_scarlett67@hotmail.com>
> To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS<mailto:adhesions@mail.obgyn.net>
> Sent: Friday, March 13, 2009 10:48 AM
> Subject: Re: can a ct scan miss adhesions?
>
> ... Carmela, I am thrilled that the Serrapeptase works for you but others
> need to use caution and check with their doctors before trying it. I
> have a good friend that is a Naturopath and he said he has seen mixed
> results with it and the biggest issue with it being raised blood
> pressure....
>
> Katie
>
> At Fri, 13 Mar 2009, Carmela Canale wrote:
> >
> > ...That's when I came upon the serripeptase. I just thought I'll just give them a try. So I suggest using the serripeptase verses surgery....

Carmela,

I began taking Serrapeptase in December, 2007. I then switched to Neprinol in August, 2008, which contains Serrapeptase. My previous doctor, an internist (who I have fired- I currently have no 'regular' doctor), when I saw her in June, 2008, told me point blank not to take the Serrapeptase or the Green Tea Extract I was also taking. When I asked her why, all she would say was 'Doctors know these things.' When I asked her what should I do about the adhesions, she just shook her head, turned around on her little stool so her back was to me, and that was the end of my last appointment with her.

My guess is that most doctors aren't knowledgeable about alternative medicine, and if you want to see a naturopath, you have to pay out-of-pocket because as far as I know, no insurance will cover them.

My blood pressure was always on the low side. During my most recent non-productive 2 appointments with a worthless gyno, my blood pressure has in fact gone up considerably since I last had it checked in June last year. I always have trouble remembering the bottom number, but the top number was always 110 or less and now it is 140-145. He said to check it and it should be OK as long as the bottom number doesn't hit 90. I am in the beginning of menopause so am not sure if that could be a factor. I also have always wondered if adhesions could cause false blood pressure readings, maybe somehow due to interference with circulation. I was always surprised that mine was low while both of my parents and brother and sister have been on high blood pressure medicine since their 20s or 30s.

I have recently started taking a product called Endovan which is intended for endometriosis, which I've always suspected could be a factor in my case but even with surgery many doctors don't recognize and/or treat it correctly and from what I've read many women who have it go undiagnosed.

The Neprinol is quite expensive. The Endovan has no Serrapeptase. I might stick with the Endovan, as well as pine bark extract(pycnogenol) and resveratrol for the time being, and see what happens with my blood pressure. It does seem odd though that Serrapeptase could raise blood pressure if in fact it is a blood-thinner as they claim.

Joan

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: