Re: Barium Sulfate and adhesions. A link?

Fri Mar 6 13:42:30 2009

My question is for us who have adhesions that are causing loads of ripping and tearing pain in our abdominal area, why wont such a painful and dibilitating problem show up on some kind of test or scan?

I hear there is a test where they place an IV then put a dye in your veins that can show up any nerves that are strangled by adhesions.

Also why cant a MRI, Cat scan or ultra sound show organs that may be matted together from adhesions?

This doesnt make sence to me at all!!

Sabrina (comeawake@hotmail.com)

Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 19:52:05 -0600 From: herbcheryl1@msn.com To: adhesions@mail.obgyn.net Subject: Re: Barium Sulfate and adhesions. A link?

Wow Katie, good info and questions! I have also drank my share of the chalk stuff. Although the "Go Litely" in Cherry tasted much better than the fleet crap! I hope it does not cause any of us any more problems. We have all just been through way too much. Take Care, Cheryl D.

>----- Original Message -----
From: Katie To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Thursday, March 05, 2009 5:25 PM Subject: Barium Sulfate and adhesions. A link?

I had a study done last week and had to drink 2 bottles of the "chalk" stuff. Anyhow, I spent a couple of days researching that junk and actually found a couple of sites that stated that it could possibly "cause" adhesions or in some cases, make them worse.

If there is any truth to that, a bunch of us (myself included), are in BIG trouble. I can't even count the number of studies I have had done in the last 5 years and all because I was trying to find out why I am hurting so much.

And of course all the studies were "normal" because I have adhesions. Now the question is ... do I have MORE adhesions because of the liquid concrete I was forced to drink????

Katie

htm

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: