Re: Update from surgery on March 3 2009

Fri Mar 6 13:37:33 2009

So when ovarian cysts rupture they cause adhesions? Wow, I have had ovarian cysts for 6 years now. Im currently fighting to get a doctor to help me because they all tell me its no big deal to have them but I would think it would cause permanant damage and distruction to the ovary to have cysts on them for 6 years off and on would it not?

I have had problems with pain since I had a tubal ligation and total hysterectomy back in 2004 for adenomyosis and cervical cysts. I have also had many more ovarian cysts since the surgeries.

I have no idea how I even have cysts if my fallopian tubes are tied off, I have no uterus or cervix and my ovaries may be damaged from so many cysts. So how do I still get cysts is my question?

I have been diagnosed with adhesions but no doctor has ever been willing to acknowledge ARD. That has been frustrating! I promote awareness of ARD and cancer on myspace and I have my own page for hysterectomy information because I paired up with the HERS foundation. I do not really assocaite with the HERS foundation much anymore though because they like to protest in angry ways and I am an angry person who does not need to be tempted to become even more angry if you know what I mean.

If you want to talk or have questions just email me at comeawake@hotmail.com

> Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2009 04:55:17 -0600
> From: krisl1204@yahoo.com
> To: adhesions@mail.obgyn.net
> Subject: Re: Update from surgery on March 3 2009
>
> At Thu, 5 Mar 2009, Linda wrote:
> >Hi Livda! This was my first surgery for adhesions.I'm still in the giddy stage in tht i feel so much better right now. I don't have tht rubber band tightness around my ribcage. He didn't use any barriers on me. He said he uses them dependent on the type and location of the adhesions. He said using them can create their own problems, so I asked him to use his best judgement once he was in there. I know there is a good possibility that they will come back. I'm going to pray that they don't. I had had an appendectomy, 2 C-sections, an ectopic pregnancy and a partial hysterectomy and never had any issues with adhesions. Then, I had an ovarian cyst that ruptured 5 years ago and that's when the issues began. My surgeon told me that these cysts cause adhesions, especially when they rupture. I had another large cyst this time. I sent all of my information to Dr. Redan last summer. i followed up and left 5 messages, but never heard a word from anyone there. I was kind of surprised.
> >Hi Kris,
> >
> >Thanks so much for the info. How many surgeries have you had to remove adhesions? Did Dr. Johnson perform all your surgeries? Did he use something to keep adhesions from reforming? Dr. Redan made a video of my surgery and it was gross; however, the adhesions returned. The sprayshield/spraygel wasn't available in 2001. I wrote Dr. Redan several weeks ago asking if he was using spraygel/sprayshield but I haven't heard back from him. He probably doesn't want to perform a third surgery on me because the first two were not successful.
> >
> >--
> >Linda
> >

>> >> ----- Original Message -----
> > From: Kris
> > To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS
> > Sent: Thursday, March 05, 2009 6:31 PM
> > Subject: Re: Update from surgery on March 3 2009
> >
> > At Thu, 5 Mar 2009, Linda wrote:
> > >Hi Linda! His name is Dr. Eric Johnson. He is in Minneapolis, MN. He is kind and compassionate and really understands that adhesions cause pain. He is a general surgeon and doesn't just specialize in adhesions. in one sense, that made me feel better. I've heard mixed stories from folks on here who have gone to Dr. Redan and Dr. Semerztides. It concerns me sometimes that doctors specializing just in this disorder are trying to capitalize on it. Dr. Johnson took pictures of the adhesions that he removed during surgery. They really are gross!
> > >Hi Kris,
> > >
> > >Who was your surgeon and where is he located? I called Dr. Semerztides' office today. The assistant said he uses Evicel (FDA approved) to prevent adhesions from returning. It's a spray substance. She said his success rate if 50 to 55 percent. That doesn't give me a lot of hope. It would be good if they used the Cine MRI to detect the adhesions and then do a second Cine MRI after surgery to see if the adhesions are gone.
> > >
> > >I feel like I have a golf ball size growth on my right side. I wish there was a doctor close to Jacksonville, FL so I wouldn't have to travel so far. Dr. Redan is 3 hours away but after having two surgeries with him, I'd like to go to a different doctor.
> > >
> > >Take care and God Bless.
> > >
> > >--
> > >Linda
> > >
> >

>> >> >> ----- Original Message -----
> > > From: jetstamp
> > > To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS
> > > Sent: Wednesday, March 04, 2009 10:19 PM
> > > Subject: Re: Update from surgery on March 3 2009
> > >
> > > At Wed, 4 Mar 2009, jetstamp wrote:
> > > >
> > > >At Wed, 4 Mar 2009, Kris wrote:
> > > >>
> > >
> >>>Hi, all! I just got home from the hospital after my adhesion surgery... Additionally, he found a golf ball size "chocolate
> > > >>cyst" on my right ovary. The
> > >
> >>>right sided areas where he removed the adhesions from were the areas I
> > >
> >>>was having most of my pain. I also had pain on my lower right side,
> > >
> >>>which is explained by the ovarian cyst. The surgeon told my mom after
> > >
> >>>the surgery that both the adhesions and the cyst cause extreme pain,
> > >
> >>>Don't we all know that too well??? I thought of all of you who suffer from this and
> > >
> >>>was wishing each of you were there having surgery as well! I'll keep
> > > >>posting to let you know how things progress....
> > > >>
> > > >>--
> > > >>Kris
> > > >>
> > >
> > >http://www.adhesions.org/forums/listcmds.htm
> > >
> > >----------------------------------------------------------------------> >>-----------------------------------------------------------------------=
> > >----------------------------------------------------------------------- =3D
> > >----------------------------------------------------------------------> >>------------------------------------------------------------------------>-------------------------------------------------------------------------
> >>-----------------------------------------------------------------------> >>-----------------------------------------------------------------------=
> >>------------------------------------------------------------------------ > >>------------------------------------------------------------------------- No virus found in this incoming message.
> >>-----------------------------------------------------------------------> >>-----------------------------------------------------------------------=
> >>------------------------------------------------------------------------ > Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com
> > > Version: 8.0.237 / Virus Database: 270.11.7/1983 - Release Date: 03/04/09 07:41:00
> > >
> >
> >http://www.adhesions.org/forums/listcmds.htm
> >
> >------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> >------------------------------------------------------------------------> >------------------------------------------------------------------------=
> >-------------------------------------------------------------------------
> >------------------------------------------------------------------------- No virus found in this incoming message.
> >------------------------------------------------------------------------> > Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com
> >------------------------------------------------------------------------> > Version: 8.0.237 / Virus Database: 270.11.7/1983 - Release Date: 03/04/09 07:41:00
> >
>

e.htm

GTX_WL_HM_express_032009#colortheme

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: