Re: Dr. Gerhart

From: Sinski, Jennifer B. Blevins (jenniferw@bellarmine.edu)
Wed Feb 25 11:01:23 2009

I had surgery with Dr. Gerhart about 1 1/2 ago. Everything went smoothly. He cut adhesions between my liver and dueodenum(sp?) and took biopsies of several spots on my diaprhagm and bowels. He took pictures of the surgery and spots all over my insides. Turns out it was endo everywhere. Before surgery it kind of felt like I had a lapband preventing me from eating anything hardly. After surgery, I can eat and process food fine. The adhesions were causing problems. He is very professional as are is staff and the hospital was nice to me as well. I would recommend him and he took my insurance as well.

From: adhesions@adhesions.org on behalf of Marlene Wheeler

--
Sent: Tue 2/24/2009 5:54 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS
Subject: Re: Dr. Gerhart

Kim, I had surgery with Dr Gerhart about 2 1/2 years ago. I highly recommend him. He's a wonderful Doctor, and is very up on the new barriers etc. I had a go around with surgeons here, on who tried to help me and made things worse. Two others who wouldn't touch me. Meanwhile I was getting sicker and sicker. I finally had enough and through this web site and a lot or research I found Dr G. ( I wish I had found him about a year earlier!!but??) Anyway by the time I got to him I was in pretty bad shape. The bad part was I had bowel that had tried to atrophy because of the docs here not doing anything, so I'll always have to watch what I eat. The good part is he was able to help. I'm doing a lot better. I believe he saved my life. (My right side was a total mess, almost lost ureter/rt kidney because of the mess). I still keep in touch with him in case I every have to go back. As you know these things can come back. I thank God everyday that I found him, otherwise I wouldn't be here to enjoy my children, and actually have a life. Good Luck Marlene I also know a couple other people who have had surgery with him, with good results. They don't go on this site. I don't want to give out names. All I can say is if anyone can help you, I'm sure he will.

> Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 09:29:16 -0600 > From: kkajark@aol.com > To: adhesions@mail.obgyn.net > Subject: Dr. Gerhart > > I would really like to hear from anyone who have had surgery with Dr. > Gerhart. I sent my records to him to review but this will be my 10th > surgery. As some of you have pointed out I should not go into surgery > lightly. I want to make the right decision. My previous Dr could not > do the surgery because of the density of the adhesions so I need a very > good experienced doc who will not damage any of my organs. Thanks for > your input. > Kim >

http://www.adhesions.org/forums/listcmds.htm

Windows Live(tm): Discover 10 secrets about the new Windows Live. View = ________________________________ post. <http://windowslive.com/connect/post/jamiethomson.spaces.live.com-Blog-cns!550F681DAD532637!7540.entry?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_t2_ugc_post_022009>

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: