Re: If you've had a hernia (pelvic or abdominal), please reply.

Sun Feb 22 13:56:27 2009

I had two hernias, one was visible to the eye,the other was not. It did not show up on a CT scan or a stand up MRI.It was only discovered after a failed lapro turned incisional, because I had extensive adhesion's and the doctor thought it was best to open me up. Sound familiar. At that time the hernia was repaired it was incarcerated. It took me nine months to get that fixed. I had to go to the ER doctor twice,(she just thought I wanted pain meds, I saw my surgeon who diagnosed it 5 or 6 times and for some rson he didnt push to get the surgery approved, because it happened at work? Workers comp would not approve that surgery and no body seemed to care that I was feeling ill. I finally went back to the gyno who decided we should remove my ovaries they had been showing up on the test with a lot of cyst.That's when the other hernia finally was fixed, it was incarcerated. My adhesion's were cut, and my bowel was repaired also, it had a tear. If you do have a hernia I read of a mesh that is coated so it can minimize scar tissue. I am sure that the first hernia repair caused me a lot of damage nerve and adhesions.I am sorry for the long story but I am still in a lot of pain and I need to talk about it with people who understand. One more thing my GYN never told me before my last surgery that he expected I had adhesion's, because adhesion's cant cause so much pain. Thank God for this form where I can vent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good Luck to YOU!! I wish you well!!! Debbie B

--- On Sun, 2/22/09, Jenny <kummer_jennifer1@hotmail.com> wrote:

From: Jenny <kummer_jennifer1@hotmail.com> Subject: Re: If you've had a hernia (pelvic or abdominal), please reply. To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.obgyn.net> Date: Sunday, February 22, 2009, 4:26 PM

Katie, my pleasure!! I hope that this is the case for you and you will get relief. I will pray for you. Please keep me updated on how you are doing!!

God Bless You!

--
Jenny

At Sat, 21 Feb 2009, Katie wrote: > >Jenny, God bless you for the reply! It gives me hope that IF this turns >out to be a hernia, maybe it can be fixed. > >-- >Katie > >At Sat, 21 Feb 2009, Jenny wrote: >> >>Hi Katie, >>Yes, I have had a few hernia's. After 9 surgies for >>endo/hysto/adhesions. ect. Recently was in major pain (as usual) Did >>have bladder problems, lots of infections and 'not able to hold it...' >>if you know what I mean! :) Lots of pain in my left lower pelvic area, >>but the hernias were up closer to my belly button along my incision >>line. Finally had surgery in Oct for it, Dr. put a 4x6 mesh in there - >>and now I am basically, pain free. (I say basically, because I still >>have occasional pain -- higher up near where the mesh was place-- but I >>think that I am still healing. And it is only when I have really really >>worked hard - lifting, ect. And finally Yes, it did show up on a CT, >>but it took a pain clinic Dr to see it and recommend I see a general >>surgeon. My GYN, didn't even mention it.!! ( I did share my story >>earlier - i think it's under the heading of Finally no more pain, or >>Finally pain free - back in November or December) Feel free to email me >>with any other questions. Oh, I couldn't see it on me - but I could >>feel it with my hands. >> >>Let me know if I can help with any thing else!! >> >>-- >>Jenny Kummer >> >>At Sat, 21 Feb 2009, Katie wrote: >>> >>>If you've had a hernia, could you see it? What did you see? How did the >>>docs find it? What were your symptoms? Can they cause bladder problems? >>>And lastly, do they show up on a CT scan? >>> >>>Thanks in advance, >>>Katie >>

htm

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: