Let's talk about symptoms!

Fri Feb 20 16:25:39 2009

I did ALOT of reading of the archives over the last week and people often talk about their symptoms. I have issues besides these damned adhesions but I can usually tell what they are related to; it's the ones caused by the adhesions that scare the bejesus out of me!

I have trouble eating, I eat very small amounts of food because my stomach begins to feel very tight and the food feels stuck and then when it does pass down, I begin to get very bloated. Most of the time I can hear lots of noise and gurgling. I also have pinching, pulling and tugging sensations when I move around. I sometimes get nauseous but not enough to vomit ... yet.

When I sit for more than 20 minutes I feel like everything is being pushed up into my chest or under my ribs. When I stand for more than 20 minutes I feel like everything is being pulled downward. I also have a softball size "bubble" right under my navel in the pelvic area and you can see it when I lift my shirt. It is not bloating, there is something there. Is it my intestines being bound together??? I have no idea. It moves around slightly when I lean back left or right and is painful to the touch.

The latest thing that has really hit me hard is for the last week I have had this awful bladder sensation and the urge to urinate. But here's the catch ... it only happens when I am laying down. I feel like someone is pulling on my bladder and like there is a hand inside of my vagina. It's very painful! During the night I get up to pee as many as 14 times and I am exhausted during the day! With this issue also came the worst low-back pain I have ever had. I had a urine test done yesterday by my PCP and it came back normal so it's not a UTI or bladder infection so he sent me for a lower lumbar MRI today and I am awaiting the results.

I do not have heartburn, GERD or loose stools. If anything, I get constipated very easily and often have to push my right pelvic area with my hand in order to have a bowel movement.

I had an ultrasound of my uterus last September and the GYN said I do NOT have fibroids. I had a pelvic exam 2 weeks ago and he doesn't know what the "bubble" is but he said again, he didn't feel any fibroids.

Can anyone out there relate to any of this? And even if you can't what are some of the symptoms you guys are having that you know is adhesion-related?

Thanks, Katie

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: