Re: Let's talk about symptoms!

Wed Feb 25 12:02:42 2009

I have the same thing.  Doctors thought it was because of a mass I had but the mass was removed on Jan 15 and I still have the same problem.

________________________________ From: Donna Johansen <donnajohansen@telus.net>=0ATo: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS <adhesions@mail=

________________________________ From: Donna Johansen <donnajoha.obgyn.net> Sent: Monday, February 23, 2009 6:55:30 PM Subject: RE: Let's talk about symptoms!

Ann-Marie, OK, you are the first person here who has the same symptoms of pain on the left side that worsens with sitting etc.  This was looked for during all of my surgeries but cause not found.  Many other adhesions were taken care of and I am now much better but that left side pain drives me crazy, waking me early in the morning so that I have to be on sleeping pills.  I usually could feel right after every surgery that it wasn't taken care of.  Nurses would not believe me when I cried because it was still there, only hours after surgery.  Do you feel that pain now? Donna J

________________________________ From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of= u feel that pain now? Donna J

________________________________ annmarie bluett Sent: Saturday, February 21, 2009 3:13 AM To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: Re: Let's talk about symptoms!

I cant belive what I am reading.  OMG - Bowel blockage is EXTREMELY SERIOUS - yes LIFE AND DEATH. Thanks good ness my surgeon here in the UK recognised the fact and Insisted I had PREVENTATIVE surgery - I am post opp 1 week now.  The last thing he wanted was for me to get into an emergency situation the could turn out to be fatal.  Did I want surgery? No and now it hurts like buggery but did I want to leave it to the hand of God?  HELL no"! It seems so different here in the UK - we dont have to go and find surgeons to do the procedure - if we need it it is performed. My symptoms were very like most of yours - I would have constipation to the point that I did no go for 5 days plus and then when I did it was violent and watery.  I always had a nagging pain on the left side of my abdomen which would worsen if  I either sat too long, lay too long and stood too long.  Sex was and is very painful. Now I know that my doc went in and freed my bowel which was very stuck down but he came out after that because he did not want to do any more damage to my internal organs as everything was stuck down so badly - I did ask if he would remove my appendix if he came across it but he said it was stuck to my bladder and he was frightened he may damage it.  He did put a film around my organs and when I have recovered more I will let you know if it has worked. All I know is that I understand that he has done his best - he has made me no promises what so ever and nothing has been sugar coated.  I am extremely grateful for what he has done - I can cope with the pain - just but the alternative is not acceptable. Hang in gals - I am sure there is a silver linning somewhere - I just thank god I am here to battle another day Loads of hugs Ann-Marie         

--- On Sat, 21/2/09, Kelly Murray <klmurray_61@msn.com> wrote:

From: Kelly Murray <klmurray_61@msn.com> Subject: Re: Let's talk about symptoms! To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.obgyn.net> Date: Saturday, 21 February, 2009, 4:22 AM

I know what you mean.  How do we know if it is a life or death situation.  Remember the BeeGee brother died from a blockage and it seems like someone else that was famous did. Some times I think maybe I better go and get it checked out but do not want to go and it ends up passing. I am not in awe of any dr. anymore.  I realize they don't s >it higher then we do.
----- Original Message ----- From: BBLDEB@aol.com To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Friday, February 20, 2009 8:07 PM Subject: Re: Let's talk about symptoms! Kelly,     I too have blockages.  Most of the time I can go up to 3 weeks or more before having a bowel movement.  Needless to say, that explains why I have so much nausea and vomiting.  And for the most part, I go up to 3 or more days at a time without eating.  And when I do try, other than a teaspoon, maybe a tablespoon, it usually comes back up.  My question to my surgeon was "how long do I have to go without having a bowel movement before you consider it to be a blockage?"  To this day, no doctor has ever answered that question.  They know I am full of adhesions, (28 abdominal surgeries to date) and now they tell me the only way they will operate again is if I have a blockage.  Well, if 3 weeks is not a blockage, then I have no clue what is!  And what is so bad about it, I am very knowledgeable in medical /prescription areas.     It is unbelievable what some doctor's will say in order to rid of a patient that they can't figure out or can't help or have no clue on how to treat.  I am sorry, but to me, if they are a surgeon, then this is something they "ALL" should be able to deal with.  They cause them every time they do surgery!  (Venting for a moment, sorry).     The worst part is they know about my blockages, but the doctor says that he wants it to be a "Life or Death" situation before he will do anything.  Well, to me, going 3 weeks in that kind of pain is "DEATH" every day for the most part.  When gas passes, that is the only relief for a blockage, when a doctor won't do anything at all.  I have 4 kinks in my bowel from the adhesions (that I know of).     Good luck to all of us and hopefully we will find help soon.   Sincerely, Debbie

________________________________ Need a job? Find an employment agency near you. , Debbie

________________________________ Need a job? Find an empl

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: