Re: Surgery--Would you do it again? (POLL)

Fri Feb 6 15:22:23 2009

Hi Annemarie. Thank you for "stepping in". I appreciate any and all information I can get at this point. :-)

You said that your surgeon is going to release your bowel before it obstructs, correct? So is that to say that he believes that if they do NOT release it, then it will most likely obstruct?

I have never had an obstruction that required emergency surgery but have twice now been literally a gnat's butt away from going to the hospital ... I was in soooo much pain! By the grace of God or whatever, I laid on the bed and after about 2 hours the pain subsided. I was terrifed to go to the hospital where I live because one of my doctors here told me that if I have emergency surgery locally, that's when my real problems will begin. He said they will open me up without regard for anything other than saving my life and piece me back together and ship me out.

That makes me want to have surgery with Dr. Redan to release the colon BEFORE that happens and hope (of course) that I'll never need another surgery.

Sometimes I think about and question this all so much that it gives me a headache. But hey, at least that is pain that I can take Tylenol for! lol!

--
Katie

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: