Re: Surgery--Would you do it again? (POLL)

Fri Feb 6 10:43:53 2009

Hope you dont mind me stepping in here? I have already had a hysterectomy and now 2 years on I am having surgery on Monday to release my bowel before it obstructs.  My feeling is that I will continue having some sort of surgery - hopefully laporoskopies instead of the laporotomy this time 'just to clean up' so my bowel does not get restricted again. Dont forget it is your body and the surgeons should respect that fact - if your colon is causing your problems and not your uterus surley that is up to you?  If it was endro causing your problems - which it was in my case and I was told that Endro on it;s own DOES cause and inflame's adhesions then I can see why they would push for you to have it removed. Have they shown you images of your adhesions? I have seen mine - though they are hard to read it is very obvious what parts of my internal organs are affected. At the end of the day this should be your decision - the experts are there to guide you unless an emergency procedure takes things out of your hands. Hope this helps in some way Ann-Marie *who is praying the snow disappears in the UK so my opp does not get cancelled:(*   

--- On Fri, 6/2/09, Katie <katie_scarlett67@hotmail.com> wrote:

From: Katie <katie_scarlett67@hotmail.com> Subject: Re: Surgery--Would you do it again? (POLL) To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.obgyn.net> Date: Friday, 6 February, 2009, 4:55 PM

Donna, so does the surgeon just not mess with anything else? What else has he told you that he has seen while in there?

My colon is attached to my abdominal wall and I have thought several times about telling them to just "fix" that and leave everything else alone but they want to take my uterus, too. I'm fighting it tooth and nail!

--
Katie

htm

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: