Re: Hi

Wed Jan 28 12:10:13 2009

I had to switch tape also because it would itch, I would scratch, lose patch..I am now using the gentle tape, it is tan. I have more success with that but it itched last time. I have percoset for breakthrough and usually if I have to get in the car (sit) I will take one before hand. This way the pain isn't getiting out of control making it harder to get it under control..

Recently I went to my PCP and he asked if I was dreaming? I was only sleeping about 4 - 5 hours a night also. He put me on Ambian and that helps. I sleep at night and I am in less pain during the day. At first I thought "I am already taking all these other things that cause drowsiness why throw in something else?" But this way my brain gets a rest from the pain for 8 hours and it really does help. He explained about lack of sleep not letting the body/brain reset itself, etc.

Redirectional theropy (thinking about something else) is good. Repeated thoughts and emotions create nerve pathways in the brain. Chronic pain impulses travel along well-worn pathways. By using techniques such as guided imagery to build new nerve pathways, “the pain pathways can become less active,” Rossman says. My doctor to me about this article if anyone is interested http://www.aarpmagazine.org/health/drug_free_remedies_chronic_pain.html So I guess having my daughter with special needs gives me something else to concentrate on.. Along with my crafts and books. I think about how to teach her social skills, or getting to the OT, or what I need to remind her to do instead of pain. My animals help too...

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: