Re: ADHESIONS digest 832

Fri Jan 23 15:43:56 2009

I was looking through the "clinical trials" that the government puts out and there was a "adhesion pain medicine" on there. I saw that the trial was cancelled so I wrote the dr. that was doing it and she said there weren't enough patients signed up for it. Well, heck if any of us knew about it, they would have a boat load of us signing up. At this point, I can't remember the name of the med but if enough of us would sign up for clinical trials on surgery or medicine for adhesions, maybe they would start them. I believe it is clinicaltrials.gov or something like that. It shouldn't be too hard to find. I've done the Germany route already. I am waiting for something else. I think there have been people that have written to Oprah in the past and I don't know about Dr. Phil. Most of our drs. aren't going to be in the know on adhesion meds or surgeries. We have to do our own searching. We also need to watch for Drs. that know we are desperate that use us for money also.

> ----- Original Message -----
From: diana rodriguez<mailto:dinilka@yahoo.com> To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS<mailto:adhesions@mail.obgyn.net> Sent: Friday, January 23, 2009 3:21 PM Subject: Re: ADHESIONS digest 832

Dear Linda I hope you doing fine. Please keep writing; what about Oprah and Dr. Phil? Your writing skills are excellent and the way you explain yourself also help this lonely cause. We need the media intervention and probably we can find an actor or actress (some of them) that sponsor the cause. I guess that will be a good idea , these people can spread the word. Have you been in bombobeach.com if you haven't try it, there are lot of people flying to Germany to get the procedure done with spraygel. thanks again, wait , wait, Are you the Linda that I read had surgery ?-well even if not you , for the Linda who had the surgery- i hope you feel excellent and without pain. God Bless you, dinilka@yahoo.com

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------------------------------------------------- From: Linda <lindahalford@comcast.net>

--
-------------------------------------------------------------------------  To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS <adhesions@mail.obgyn.net>
  Sent: Friday, January 23, 2009 4:20:18 PM
  Subject: Re: ADHESIONS digest 832

Dear Alie,

I wrote to "The Doctors" show to ask them to do a program on adhesions. If German doctors are using Spraygel to keep adhesions from reforming and the pain returning, FDA needs to approve its use ASAP in the United States. I read Pam Markford's story on adhesions.org and for the first time in years, I felt there may be hope for me. I haven't read your story but would like to. Thanks so much for all you are doing for those who are suffering with pain from adhesions.

Linda Halford Jacksonville, FL

> ----- Original Message ----- From: Alie Sirochman<mailto:alie106@msn.com> To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS<mailto:adhesions@mail.obgyn.net> Sent: Friday, January 23, 2009 12:45 PM Subject: RE: ADHESIONS digest 832

Hey everyone it's me ALIE, let me say THANK YOU TO THOSE THAT REACHED OUT TO ME , I can't tell you what it means to me... I'm going to OPRAH I'm not kidding, how come NO ONE IN TELEVISION has address this wide spread issue? Today on OPRAH funny I really never watch it but I can't work right now till my surgery " btw try explaining that issue to H R services" but today on OPRAH they talked about HORMONE REPLACEMENT so if they can dedicate a hour to that why not our problem? so I need every ones help again, I'm going to write OPRAH THE DOCTORS AND YES DR. PHIL and I'm asking we ALL WRITE TO THEM write them tell them your story your name make them hear us make this the new medical miricle. Lets do this, help me get through to them, maybe if every one that has this draws the attention it deserves to it maybe with that and GODS help we can fight and win, instead of suffering. please keep writing me your story, i'm using them to help me fight for my cxhildren in court. lets get writing......

Alie

> Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 00:52:18 -0600 > From: adhesions@adhesions.org > To: adhesions@mail.obgyn.net > Subject: ADHESIONS digest 832 > > ADHESIONS Digest 832 > > Topics covered in this issue include: > > 1) RE: ADHESIONS digest 831 > by Alie Sirochman <alie106@msn.com> > 2) Re: Just needing some support... > by WendyEbbe3@aol.com > 3) RE: ADHESIONS digest 831 > by Marlene Wheeler <wheelerski@msn.com> > 4) Re: Just needing some support... > by Karynn <keltic@cox.net> > > ---------------------------------------------------------------------- >=20 ---------------------------------------------------------------------- > Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 17:45:42 -0700 ---------------------------------------------------------------------- > From: Alie Sirochman <alie106@msn.com> > To: <adhesions@adhesions.org> > Subject: RE: ADHESIONS digest 831 > Message-ID: <BLU136-W2375DAE03289AB0455DDD4F3CF0@phx.gbl> > Content-Type: multipart/alternative; > boundary="_30488587-887b-4926-97e0-ffc3aaf2e64b_" > MIME-Version: 1.0 > > --_30488587-887b-4926-97e0-ffc3aaf2e64b_ > Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" > Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable > > Hello out there, > my name is alie, I want to say if it wasn't for this site I would probabl > y except my life was doomed for ever and want to die. I'm 37 and have had s > everal surgeries that have left me in severe pain that I'm about to loose m > y job, my kids and my mind . I finally went to a new gyn yesterday and I > was at the end of my rope, I have run out of options and I am in such pai > n I cant function and I was beginning to think I want to put a gun to my he > ad. I have had two c-section an oblation my appendix removed a hysterectomy > and cuff reconstruction and some adhesions removed. As I sat in the Dr. o > ffice with tears streaming down my face explaining my pain and I know not m > any doctors want to go in and remove adhesions because it can just come bac > k, but that I can't work and because of this pain and how hard n it is to > do the things I used to do and with even pain meds I have severe pain, t > hat now my ex-husband is trying to get full custody of my girls and accusin > g me of being crazy and a drug addict. YES so on top of dealing with the pa > in and depression I an dealing with proving to a court that I have adhesion > s and trying to get them removed and that I'm not a drug addict and my pain > is real and that I have had counseling even MMPI test to prove I'm not cra > zy " which I'm not" I think that the doctor finally got that if he didn't h > elp me that I will end my own life ... He agreed to do surgery which made m > e very happy. Heres the problem, he gave me 30 percocet and said he will > be on vacation till the first week of Feb, then he will do the surgery so > I called back today and said "when is the surgery and since he is going to > be gone can he leave me another script for meds since I cant handle that p > ain and he will be gone"? Well the nurse told me tonight that "no" he cant > prescribe any more meds till he does the surgery so right away my anxiety w > ent up just thinking I'm going to have to suffer when the pills run out and > I get surgery. Talk about unfair and no understanding at all. so on top o > f that now I have to prove my medical problem to a judge and my own lawyer > because I get the feeling she doesn't even believe me... I am asking if any > of you that read this and live in AZ and have suffered the way I have and > have children, to please reach out to me and write letters about what yo > u are or went through with adhesions. I cant loose my children due to this > I love them more than anything in the world and I'm trying to get people to > understand how bad adhesions are and what it can do to ones life. My court > date is Feb, 9th 2009. If you write me a letter please send it to alie10 > 6@msn.com I need theses letters from you my friends please help me not loo > se my kids because of adhesions, its not fair and I will really loose my > will to live. > thank you, I pray for all of you and please write a letter even if you do > n't live in AZ I need these to prove to the court what I'm going through an > d I'm not alone and I'm not making it up. > Thank you > Alie> Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 18:17:16 -0600> From: adhesions@adhesions.or > g> To: adhesions@mail.obgyn.net> Subject: ADHESIONS digest 831> > ADHESIONS > Digest 831> > Topics covered in this issue include:> > 1) Re: An Update of > Linda Halford's Surgery Today> by lindahalford@comcast.net (Linda Halford) > > > ---------------------------------------------------------------------->==

> > Date: Wed=3D2C 21 Jan 2009 19:24:48 -0600 (CST)> From: = ---------------------------------------------------------------------->== lindahalford@comcas=3D ---------------------------------------------------------------------->== > t.net (Linda Halford)> To: adhesions@mail.obgyn.net> Subject: Re: An Update > of Linda Halford's Surgery Today> Message-ID:<200901220124.n0M1OmI06104@m > > ail.obgyn.net>> > >> >>----- Original Message -----> >From: "Pam Markford" > <PJtweetyRn@aol.com>> >To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS"> ><adhes > ions@mail.medispecialty.com>> >Sent: Thursday, April 12, 2001 11:12 PM> > >Subject: An Update of Linda Halford's Surgery Today> >> >> Hello Everyone > ,> >> I just wanted to post a quick note to let you all know about Linda> > >> Halford's surgery. Dr. Redan said "All went fine with Linda. Her> >> su > rgery was quite extensive as she had a tremendous amount of> >> adhesions.I > t was quite obvious why she had a great deal of pain and> >> reaction from > her "adhesion prevention barrier." Linda, we are all> >> praying for you > and will continue to pray for the strength that you will> >> need to recove > r and get back to feeling like "The Old Linda", without> >> pain!! Let us > know if any of us can help in anyway. We will also pray> >> for your comfo > rt while in Scranton. God Bless and rest well!!> >>> >> --> >> In Loving Fr > iendship,> >> Pam Markford> >>> > Dr. Redan performed a second laparascop > ic lysis of adhesions on August> 12, 2004. He removed massive adhesions a > nd also removed my navel. I> continue to suffer from excruciating abdominal > pain and have taken> every pain medication known. I had a morphine pump in > serted into my> abdomen and different medications were tried. I went to the > highest> dosage of morphine and became immune to everything. In 2007, I > had> the pump removehis is where I get the most> relief from pain. The pa > in started shortly after December 1993 when I> had a Tram Flap surgery to r > econstruct both my breasts. I am so very> unhappy and have no quality life. > Please, please, please let me know> where I may get help. I would appr > eciate hearing from you. Thank you> so very much.> > Sincerely,> Linda Ha > lford, Jacksonville, FL> > To remove yourself from the adhesions@adhesi > ons.org mailing list please go> to the unsubscribe form at http://www.adhes > .adhesions.org/forums/> > ------------------------------> > End of ADHESION=3D > .adhesions.org/forums/> > ------------------------------> > End of > S Digest 831> ***************************=3D > .adhesions.org/forums/> > ------------------------------> > End of > > --_30488587-887b-4926-97e0-ffc3aaf2e64b_ > Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" > Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable > > <html> > <head> > <style> > .hmmessage P > { > margin:0px; > padding:0px > } > body.hmmessage > { > font-size: 10pt; > font-family:Verdana > } > </style> > </head> > <body class='hmmessage'> > Hello out there,<BR> > my name is alie, I want to say if it wasn't for this site I would probabl > y except my life was doomed for ever and want to die. I'm 37 and have had s > everal surgeries that have left me in severe pain that I'm about to loose m > y job, my kids and my mind . I finally went to a new gyn yesterday and I > was at the end of my rope, I have run out of options and I am in such pai > n I cant function and I was beginning to think I want to put a gun to my he > ad. I have had two c-section an oblation my appendix removed a hysterectomy > and&nbsp; cuff reconstruction and some adhesions removed. As I sat in th > e Dr. office with tears streaming down my face explaining my pain and I kno > w not many doctors want to go in and remove adhesions because it can just c > ome back, but that I can't work and because of this pain and how hard n i > t is to do the things I used to do and with even pain meds I have severe pa > in, that now my ex-husband is trying to get full custody of my girls and > accusing me of being crazy and a drug addict. YES so on top of dealing with > the pain and depression I an dealing with proving to a court that I have a > dhesions and trying to get them removed and that I'm not a drug addict and > my pain is real and that I have had counseling even MMPI test to prove I'm > not crazy " which I'm not" I think that the doctor finally got that if he d > idn't help me that I will end my own life ... He agreed to do surgery which > made me very happy. Heres the problem, he gave me 30 percocet and said h > e will be on vacation till the first week of Feb, then he will do the sur > gery so I called back today and said "when is the surgery and since he is g > oing to be gone can he leave me another script for meds since I cant handle > that pain and he will be gone"? Well the nurse told me tonight that "no" h > e cant prescribe any more meds till he does the surgery so right away my an > xiety went up just thinking I'm going to have to suffer when the pills run > out and I get surgery. Talk about unfair and no understanding at all.&nbsp > ; so on top of that now I have to prove my medical problem to a judge and > my own lawyer because I get the feeling she doesn't even believe me... I a > m asking if any of you that read this and live in AZ and have suffered the > way I have and have children, to please reach out&nbsp; to me and write > letters about what you are or went through with adhesions. I cant loose my > children due to this I love them more than anything in the world and I'm t > rying to get people to understand how bad adhesions are and what it can do > to ones life. My court date is Feb, 9th 2009. If you write me a letter pl > ease send it to <A href="mailto:alie106@msn.com">alie106@msn.com</A>&nbsp > ; I need theses letters from you my friends please help me not loose my k > ids because of adhesions, its not fair and I will really loose my will to > live.<BR> > thank you, I pray for all of you and please write a letter even if you do > n't live in AZ I need these to prove to the court what I'm going through an > d I'm not alone and I'm not making it up.<BR> > Thank you<BR> > <BR><BR>Alie<BR><BR><BR><BR>&gt; Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 18:17:16 -0600< > BR>&gt; From: adhesions@adhesions.org<BR>&gt; To: adhesions@mail.obgyn. > net<BR>&gt; Subject: ADHESIONS digest 831<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; ADHESIONS > Digest 831<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Topics covered in this issue include:<BR>&g > t; <BR>&gt; 1) Re: An Update of Linda Halford's Surgery Today<BR>&gt; > by lindahalford@comcast.net (Linda Halford)<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; --------- > -------------------------------------------------------------<BR>&gt; <BR=3D -------------------------------------------------------------<BR>&gt; > >&gt=3D3B Date: Wed=3D2C 21 Jan 2009 19:24:48 -0600 = -------------------------------------------------------------<BR>&gt;(CST)<BR>&gt; From: linda > halford@comcast.net (Linda Halford)<BR>&gt; To: adhesions@mail.obgyn.net< > BR>&gt; Subject: Re: An Update of Linda Halford's Surgery Today<BR>&gt; > Message-ID:&lt;200901220124.n0M1OmI06104@mail.obgyn.net&gt;<BR>&gt; > <BR>&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt;----- Original Message -----<BR>&g > t; &gt;From: "Pam Markford" &lt;PJtweetyRn@aol.com&gt;<BR>&gt; &g > t;To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS"<BR>&gt; &gt;&lt;adhes > ions@mail.medispecialty.com&gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;Sent: Thursday, April 1 > 2, 2001 11:12 PM<BR>&gt; &gt;Subject: An Update of Linda Halford's Su > rgery Today<BR>&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; Hello Everyone,<BR>&g > t; &gt;&gt; I just wanted to post a quick note to let you all know ab > out Linda<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; Halford's surgery. Dr. Redan said "All wen > t fine with Linda. Her<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; surgery was quite extensive a > s she had a tremendous amount of<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; adhesions.It was qu > ite obvious why she had a great deal of pain and<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; rea > ction from her "adhesion prevention barrier." Linda, we are all<BR>&gt; > &gt;&gt; praying for you and will continue to pray for the strength th > at you will<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; need to recover and get back to feeling > like "The Old Linda"well!!<BR>&gt; &gt > ;&gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; --<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; In Loving Friend > ship,<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; Pam Markford<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt;<BR>&gt > ; <BR>&gt; Dr. Redan performed a second laparascopic lysis of adhesions > on August<BR>&gt; 12, 2004. He removed massive adhesions and also remo > ved my navel. I<BR>&gt; continue to suffer from excruciating abdominal pa > in and have taken<BR>&gt; every pain medication known. I had a morphine p > ump inserted into my<BR>&gt; abdomen and different medications were tried > . I went to the highest<BR>&gt; dosage of morphine and became immune to e > verything. In 2007, I had<BR>&gt; the pump removed. I have tried altern > ative methods of pain management<BR>&gt; such as, physical therapy, a > cupuncture and herbs. My entire abdomen<BR>&gt; feels like one big charle > y horse and is very inflamed. My intestines<BR>&gt; feel like they're sup > er glued together. I get very little relief from<BR>&gt; the Lorcet 10/65 > 0, Neurontin 300 mgs. and Flexiril 5 mgs. I lie in<BR>&gt; bed a big po > rtion of my day because this is where I get the most<BR>&gt; relief from > pain. The pain started shortly after December 1993 when I<BR>&gt; had a T > ram Flap surgery to reconstruct both my breasts. I am so very<BR>&gt; unh > appy and have no quality life. Please, please, please let me know<BR>&g > t; where I may get help. I would appreciate hearing from you. Thank you<B > R>&gt; so very much.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Sincerely,<BR>&gt; Linda Ha > lford, Jacksonville, FL<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; To remove yourself from th > e adhesions@adhesions.org mailing list please go<BR>&gt; to the unsubscri > be form at http://www.adhesions.org/forums/listcmds.htm<BR>&gt; p.s. for > the web forum version see http://www.adhesions.org/forums/<BR>&gt; <BR>&g > t; ------------------------------<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; End of ADHESIONS D=3D > t; ------------------------------<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; End > igest 831<BR>&gt=3D3B ***************************<BR><BR></body> > t; ------------------------------<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; End > </html> > > --_30488587-887b-4926-97e0-ffc3aaf2e64b_-- >

http://www.adhesions.org/forums/listcmds.htm > > ------------------------------ >=20 > ------------------------------ > Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 23:31:26 EST > ------------------------------ > From: WendyEbbe3@aol.com > To: adhesions@adhesions.org > Subject: Re: Just needing some support... > Message-ID: <ccf.47f9c56c.36aaa21e@aol.com> > MIME-Version: 1.0 > Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="-----------------------------1232685086" > > -------------------------------1232685086 > Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" > Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit > > Donna, > That is awesome advice on carrying the records with to new Dr's and having > your Psych evaluation on top. I have a question for everyone. Has anyone > else experienced high enzymes? I'm really not sure how serious it is, but my > thoughts are that they are from all of the drugs I've been on. I won't bore you > all with my story since it's posted and I've talked about it before like > this. It's been 2 and a half years since I have had any kind of a life. I want my > life back as I know every single person who battles ARD. If I ever come > into money I would do whatever I could to get the medical research to find a > cure for every person who suffers from ARD now and to prevent it from happening > to anyone else. I always hope that my two girls will NEVER have to go > through this. Especially since they are the only reasons I'm still here. I'm not > sure how much longer I can hang in there. I also lost my job back in December > but I am getting Long Term Disability and waiting to get an appointment to go > before a Social Security Judge. It's a major financial problem for me on top > of every thing else. I can't believe I have to pay $760 per month for > medical insurance for myself and the two girls. So I know I'll be going further > into debt. Ok I'm sorry I vented a little more than I intended. You are all > fantastic and inspiring people. > Wendy > > ========Original Message======== Subj: Re: Just needing some support... > Date: 1/19/2009 12:30:21 P.M. Central Standard Time From: > _donnacboggs@comcast.net_ (mailto:donnacboggs@comcast.net) To: _adhesions@mail.obgyn.net_ > (mailto:adhesions@mail.obgyn.net) Sent on: > I, too, had to sit through a psych evaluation, again, before being given > the "opportunity" to have narcotics prescribed for daily use. The > results were very good, "extraordinarly well balanced emotionally and > mentally", and I asked the Doc if I was being checked out to make sure > that I was emotionally balanced enough to knowingly and willingly choose > narcotic drug addiction as a solution to adhesion pain. We both had a > good laugh when she replied, "yes". Seriously - who, in their right > mind, would choose drug addiction? > > I refused the "treatment" of narcotics. > > I carry a copy of my medical records with me when I see a new physician. > I have prepared a simple health statement with lists of meds, surgeries, > dates and Docs names and contact numbers. I ask that the files be > reviewed before I meed with a new Doc. If a Doc comes in to see me > without review, I simply give her or him another chance to review and > make another appointment. If he/she refuses, I find another Doc. > > It is not easy to suffer from a problem that no Doctor wants to address. > Most Docs will tell you that pelvic pain patients are their least > favorite to treat as they understand that, most times, there is no > relief in sight, multiple surgeries are required and their own judgement > may be questioned by their mal-practice insurance providers. > > Get your records together and keep the mental health assessment results > on top of the pile. Only see Docs that are willing to believe you and > recognize that most that don't believe are only protecting themselves > from having a patient that they are powerless to heal. > > I know how difficult it is to keep going when you hurt most of the time. > Care for yourself as best you can and just keep going. Breathe deep and > stand tall. Your pain is real. The cause is real. The answers are not > always the ones we want to hear, but there are answers for relief even > though that relief may only last a short while. We all deserve respect > for dealing with chronic and often debilitating pain while doing the > best we can just to live our daily lives. > > Best, Donna B > > At Wed, 14 Jan 2009, ScaredMa wrote: > > > >My records have been sent to Dr. Redan in Florida and he thinks he can > >help me. He wanted me to wait 6 months so that my body could heal from > >the multiple surgeries that I had last year. I am hurting constantly, > >some days worse than others. My lower back really hurts. I am so > >thankful for this website and all the information and support I have > >received from here and at CAPPS. I wish no one had to endure what we > >are enduring but it helps to know that I am not alone. I have even > >taken a psych eval. due to the fact that my mental health has been > >called into question in all of this. They are also trying to tell me it > >is just irritable bowel and I was diagnosed with irritable bowel 4 years > >ago and never had all these symptoms as I have now. Each time it has > >been endometriosis and scar tissue and in my last surgery it was a mass > >larger than a softball and endometriosis and scar tissue but now all of > >a sudden it is irritable bowel. All of this has taken such a toll on me > >physically and mentally. I am just sick and tired of being sick and > >tired. I can't wait to go to Florida and hopefully find some relief and > >just knowing that Dr. Redan believes me means so much to me. Also, > >after the psych evaluation results came back in my favor helped but it > >still hurts so much to be treated as I have been treated. I also wrote > >to The Doctors show hoping that they would deal with this issue and > >bring it before the people so hopefully more can be done to help all of > >us who are suffering. I have had a really rough week and just needed to > >vent. Thanks for the hope that I have received here. Jen >

http://www.adhesions.org/forums/listcmds.htm

http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072%26hmpgID=62%26bcdÞ > cemailfooterNO62) > > -------------------------------1232685086 > Content-Type: text/html; charset="US-ASCII" > Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable > > <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> > <HTML><HEAD> > <META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=US-ASCII"> > <META content="MSHTML 6.00.6000.16788" name=GENERATOR></HEAD> > <BODY id=role_body style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #000000; FONT-FAMILY: > Arial" > bottomMargin=7 leftMargin=7 topMargin=7 rightMargin=7><FONT id=rol > e_document > face=Arial color=#000000 size=2> > <DIV><STRONG>Donna,</STRONG></DIV> > <DIV><STRONG>That is awesome advice on&nbsp;carrying&nbsp;the records with t > o > new Dr's and having your Psych evaluation on top. &nbsp;I have a question fo > r > everyone.&nbsp; Has anyone else experienced high enzymes? I'm really not sur > e > how serious it is, but my thoughts are that they are from all of the drugs I > 've > been on. I won't bore you all with my story since it's posted and I've talke > d > about it before like this. It's been 2 and a half years since I have had any > > kind of a life. I want my life back as I know every single person who battle > s > ARD.&nbsp; If I ever come into money I would do whatever I could to get the > medical research to find a cure for every person who suffers from ARD now an > d to > prevent it from happening to anyone else.&nbsp; I always hope that my two gi > rls > will <U>NEVER </U>have to go through this. Especially since they are the onl > y > reasons I'm still here. I'm not sure how much longer I can hang in there. I > also > lost my job back in December but I am getting Long Term Disability and waiti > ng > to get an appointment to go before a Social Security Judge. It's a major > financial problem for me on top of every thing else.&nbsp; I can't believe I > > have to pay $760 per month for medical insurance for myself and the two girl > s. > So I know I'll be going further into debt. Ok I'm sorry I vented a little mo > re > than I intended. You are all fantastic and inspiring people.</STRONG></DIV> > <DIV><STRONG>Wendy</STRONG></DIV><BR><FONT face=Webdings color=#ff0000 > size=2>========</FONT><FONT face=Arial color=#000000 s > ize=2>Original > Message</FONT><FONT face=Webdings color=#ff0000 size=2>==== > ====</FONT> > <TABLE > style="BORDER-RIGHT: #c0c0c0 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #c0c0c0 1px solid; FON > T-SIZE: 10pt; BORDER-LEFT: #c0c0c0 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #c0c0c0 1px sol > id; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #e0e0e0" > cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0> > <TBODY> > <TR class=aolmailheader> > <TD vAlign=top width="10%">Subj:</TD> > <TD><B>Re: Just needing some support...</B></TD></TR> > <TR class=aolmailheader> > <TD vAlign=top width="10%">Date:</TD> > <TD>1/19/2009 12:30:21 P.M. Central Standard Time</TD></TR> > <TR class=aolmailheader> > <TD vAlign=top noWrap width="10%">From:</TD> > <TD><A title=mailto:donnacboggs@comcast.net > href="mailto:donnacboggs@comcast.net">donnacboggs@comcast.net</A></T==

> D></TR> > <TR class=aolmailheader> > <TD vAlign=top noWrap width="10%">To:</TD> > <TD><A title=mailto:adhesions@mail.obgyn.net > href="mailto:adhesions@mail.obgyn.net">adhesions@mail.obgyn.net</A><==

> /TD></TR> > <TR class=aolmailheader> > <TD bgColor=#d0d0d0 colSpan=2>Sent on:&nbsp; &nbsp; > </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><BR>I, too, had to sit through a psych evaluation, > > again, before being given<BR>the "opportunity" to have narcotics prescribed > for > daily use.&nbsp; The<BR>results were very good, "extraordinarly well balance > d > emotionally and<BR>mentally", and I asked the Doc if I was being checked out > to > make sure<BR>that I was emotionally balanced enough to knowingly and willing > ly > choose<BR>narcotic drug addiction as a solution to adhesion pain.&nbsp; We b > oth > had a<BR>good laugh when she replied, "yes".&nbsp; Seriously - who, in their > > right<BR>mind, would choose drug addiction?<BR><BR>I refused the "treatment" > of > narcotics.<BR><BR>I carry a copy of my medical records with me when I see a > new > physician.<BR>I have prepared a simple health statement with lists of meds, > surgeries,<BR>dates and Docs names and contact numbers.&nbsp; I ask that the > > files be<BR>reviewed before I meed with a new Doc.&nbsp; If a Doc comes in t > o > see me<BR>without review, I simply give her or him another chance to review > and<BR>make another appointment.&nbsp; If he/she refuses, I find another > Doc.<BR><BR>It is not easy to suffer from a problem that no Doctor wants to > address.<BR>Most Docs will tell you that pelvic pain patients are their > least<BR>favorite to treat as they understand that, most times, there is > no<BR>relief in sight, multiple surgeries are required and their own > judgement<BR>may be questioned by their mal-practice insurance > providers.<BR><BR>Get your records together and keep the mental health > assessment results<BR>on top of the pile.&nbsp; Only see Docs that are willi > ng > to believe you and<BR>recognize that most that don't believe are only protec > ting > themselves<BR>from having a patient that they are powerless to heal.<BR><BR> > I > know how difficult it is to keep going when you hurt most of the time.<BR>Ca > re > for yourself as best you can and just keep going.&nbsp; Breathe deep > and<BR>stand tall.&nbsp; Your pain is real.&nbsp; The cause is real.&nbsp; T > he > answers are not<BR>always the ones we want to hear, but there are answers fo > r > relief even<BR>though that relief may only last a short while.&nbsp; We all > deserve respect<BR>for dealing with chronic and often debilitating pain whil > e > doing the<BR>best we can just to live our daily lives.<BR><BR>Best,&nbsp; Do > nna > B<BR><BR>At Wed, 14 Jan 2009, ScaredMa wrote:<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;My records have > > been sent to Dr.&nbsp; Redan in Florida and he thinks he can<BR>&gt;help > me.&nbsp; He wanted me to wait 6 months so that my body could heal > from<BR>&gt;the multiple surgeries that I had last year.&nbsp; I am hurting > constantly,<BR>&gt;some days worse than others.&nbsp; My lower back really > hurts.&nbsp; I am so<BR>&gt;thankful for this website and all the informatio > n > and support I have<BR>&gt;received from here and at CAPPS.&nbsp; I wish no o > ne > had to endure what we<BR>&gt;are enduring but it helps to know that I am not > > alone.&nbsp; I have even<BR>&gt;taken a psych eval.&nbsp; due to the fact th > at > my mental health has been<BR>&gt;called into question in all of this.&nbsp; > They > are also trying to tell me it<BR>&gt;is just irritable bowel and I was diagn > osed > with irritable bowel 4 years<BR>&gt;ago and never had all these symptoms as > I > have now.&nbsp; Each time it has<BR>&gt;been endometriosis and scar tissue a > nd > in my last surgery it was a mass<BR>&gt;larger than a softball and endometri > osis > and scar tissue but now all of<BR>&gt;a sudden it is irritable bowel.&nbsp; > All > of this has taken such a toll on me<BR>&gt;physically and mentally.&nbsp; I > am > just sick and tired of being sick and<BR>&gt;tired.&nbsp; I can't wait to go > to > Florida and hopefully find some relief and<BR>&gt;just knowing that Dr.&nbsp > ; > Redan believes me means so much to me.&nbsp; Also,<BR>&gt;after the psych > evaluation results came back in my favor helped but it<BR>&gt;still hurts so > > much to be treated as I have been treated.&nbsp; I also wrote<BR>&gt;to The > Doctors show hoping that they would deal with this issue and<BR>&gt;bring it > > before the people so hopefully more can be done to help all of<BR>&gt;us who > are > suffering.&nbsp; I have had a really rough week and just needed > to<BR>&gt;vent.&nbsp; Thanks for the hope that I have received here.&nbsp; > http://www.adhesions.org/forums/listcmds.htm<BR>p.s. for the web forum versi > on > see http://www.adhesions.org/forums/<BR></FONT><br/><font style="color:bla > ck;font:normal 10pt arial,san-serif;"> <hr style="margin-top:10px"/><b>A G > ood Credit Score is 700 or Above. <a href="http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/1 > 00000075x1215855013x1201028747/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/p > m/default.aspx?sc=668072%26hmpgID=62%26bcd=DecemailfooterNO62"> See yo > urs in just 2 easy steps!</a></b></font></DIV></BODY></HTML> > > -------------------------------1232685086-- >

http://www.adhesions.org/forums/listcmds.htm > > ------------------------------ >=20 > ------------------------------ > Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 05:08:13 +0000 > ------------------------------ > From: Marlene Wheeler <wheelerski@msn.com> > To: <adhesions@adhesions.org> > Subject: RE: ADHESIONS digest 831 > Message-ID: <BAY115-W4347BDC9CA0F1AA86063CED0CF0@phx.gbl> > Content-Type: multipart/alternative; > boundary="_ad4b6233-879f-4aec-b912-2395d2be1f78_" > MIME-Version: 1.0 > > --_ad4b6233-879f-4aec-b912-2395d2be1f78_ > Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" > Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable > > Alie, > First off, sweetie your not Crazy. Adhesions do cause a lot of pain, an > d can also be very dangerous if not taken care of. They can cause lots of p > roblems from wrapping around other organs to prevent them from working prop > erly, to bowel obstructions, etc etc. The unfortunate thing about adhes > ions is they don't show up on Xrays untill they are already causing these t > ypes of problems. I know you are in a position now that is very difficult w > ith your X husband. NO YOU SHOULD NOT LOSE YOUR KIDS BECAUSE OF THESE THING > S!! If I were you I would first find a Doctor that specifically deals with > adhesions. I don't know of anyone in Arizona, but there are Docs in othe > r areas of the Country. My Doctor is in Pennsylvania, it is Clark Gerhart > . He does have a web site and I'm sure would be willing to talk to you if y > ou tell him your story.. I can see that you are in a sort of time crunch wi > th the hearing etc., but I would think these Judges etc would take this a > ll into consideration before jumping to taking your kids from you. Do you h > ave family or anyone who can help you there? Get all the information you ca > n get on adhesions ie talk to Dr G( he has a web site clarkgerhart.com) Als > o there are other Docs across the country who could help ie in Florida, O > hio, ?? These are the main ones I have heard of. I would not be alive (a > nd I didn't want to kill myself.) if it weren't for Dr G. I ended up having > to go to Pa, because no one here in Utah would do anything to help me. A > ll they did was tell me that I wasn't bad enough and that, believe it or > not, adhesions didn't cause pain !!!! I'm talking about supposedly some o > f the best surgeons?? here. Luckily my Gi Docs believed me. Let me tell you > a little of my story and you can use it if you want for your hearing. I do > n't want to get any one in trouble so I'm not going to use names. > I originally had Typical like you, other surgeries ie hysterectomy, lap > roscopic for endomitriosis( I found out later that people who have this are > more prone to adhesions !!) I had adhesions that formed at this time that > weren't much of a problem because of where they where.(not close to any maj > or organs.) 5 years ago I became very ill ie from a stomach virus that turn > ed into a night mare, I ended up having to have bowel surgery, thus the > start with major problems. Laproscopic Choleycystectomy, and even gyn su > rgery that also developed (healing problems.) I had my first adhesions surg > ery with the doc that did the laproscopic surgery, and choley. I don't bl > ame this doc at all, but I was pretty trusting that everyone knew what th > ey were doing. I ended up having touble a short while later, and went to > another doc ie supposedly the person to go to to take care of these things. > We knew at that time the adhesions had come back. He was the one who told > me they didn't cause pain (I figured he just didn't want to deal with me.) > I went to another doc here who said they could cause problems but I wasn't > bad enough. Let's put it this way I ended up in ER about 25 times that next > six months or so waiting for someone here to do something. I had other tes > t that showed I had a stricture, but they still wouldn't do anything. I'm > a nurse so I just said to myself,I shouldn't have to live like this. I e > nded up doing all the research myself on Adhesions(by the way I'm an Or nur > se I've seen these things.) Luckily I found adhesions.org and ended up find > ing Dr G. By the time I got to him the adhesions were wrapped around my rig > ht ureter and bowel. I had a partal obstruction. Needless to say I was a me > ss. My bowel had even started to atrophy, because they let me go to long > here. I could go on and on about the research, and what I found out durin > g this time. Ie about adhesions barriers, etc etc. But I don't want to bo > re you. I ended up having to have one more surgery with him 6 mo later. Tha > t was 2 years ago. Yes these things can come back there's no guarantee, b > ut the last time he put a different barrier in and I'm Much Much better. n > ow. I've been through a lot of the same things it sounds like you have. No > one believed me, they thought it was everything from in my head to stress > , to whatever. I would not be here today if it weren''t for a couple Docs > that believed in me. I reciently went through a divorce also. Mainly due t > o my struggle with physical things ie adhesions. These things ruin your lif > e, but their is hope. There are a lot of new barriers etc out there that > are promising and when you have kids you do every thing you can, because > you want to be there for them. > Hang in there, and you are doing the right thing by putting your story o > n here. There are so many people around the country ie world that are going > through the same thing you are. One thing I did find out during my researc > h that you might want to know about that is exciting. There are barriers ou > t there that are used in other countries ie Germany, etc that are not app > roved here in the US(another story in itself as to why!!!!!) There is work > being done to help deal with these things. > Let me know how you make out. We're all here for you! > Moe.(nick name) > > Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 18:47:12 -0600 > From: alie106@msn.com > To: adhesions@mail.obgyn.net > Subject: RE: ADHESIONS digest 831 > > Hello out there, > > my name is alie, I want to say if it wasn't for this site I would probabl > y except my life was doomed for ever and want to die. I'm 37 and have had s > everal surgeries that have left me in severe pain that I'm about to loose m > y job, my kids and my mind . I finally went to a new gyn yesterday and I > was at the end of my rope, I have run out of options and I am in such pai > n I cant function and I was beginning to think I want to put a gun to my he > ad. I have had two c-section an oblation my appendix removed a hysterectomy > and cuff reconstruction and some adhesions removed. As I sat in the Dr. o > ffice with tears streaming down my face explaining my pain and I know not m > any doctors want to go in and remove adhesions because it can just come bac > k, but that I can't work and because of this pain and how hard n it is to > do the things I used to do and with even pain meds I have severe pain, t > hat now my ex-husband is trying to get full custody of my girls and accusin > g me of being crazy and a drug addict. YES so on top of dealing with the pa > in and depression I an dealing with proving to a court that I have adhesion > s and trying to get them removed and that I'm not a drug addict and my pain > is real and that I have had counseling even MMPI test to prove I'm not cra > zy " which I'm not" I think that the doctor finally got that if he didn't h > elp me that I will end my own life ... He agreed to do surgery which made m > e very happy. Heres the problem, he gave me 30 percocet and said he will > be on vacation till the first week of Feb, then he will do the surgery so > I called back today and said "when is the surgery and since he is going to > be gone can he leave me another script for meds since I cant handle that p > ain and he will be gone"? Well the nurse told me tonight that "no" he cant > prescribe any more meds till he does the surgery so right away my anxiety w > ent up just thinking I'm going to have to suffer when the pills run out and > I get surgery. Talk about unfair and no understanding at all. so on top o > f that now I have to prove my medical problem to a judge and my own lawyer > because I get the feeling she doesn't even believe me... I am asking if any > of you that read this and live in AZ and have suffered the way I have and > have children, to please reach out to me and write letters about what yo > u are or went through with adhesions. I cant loose my children due to this > I love them more than anything in the world and I'm trying to get people to > understand how bad adhesions are and what it can do to ones life. My court > date is Feb, 9th 2009. If you write me a letter please send it to alie10 > 6@msn.com I need theses letters from you my friends please help me not loo > se my kids because of adhesions, its not fair and I will really loose my > will to live. > > thank you, I pray for all of you and please write a letter even if you do > n't live in AZ I need these to prove to the court what I'm going through an > d I'm not alone and I'm not making it up. > > Thank you > > Alie > > > Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 18:17:16 -0600 > > From: adhesions@adhesions.org > > To: adhesions@mail.obgyn.net > > Subject: ADHESIONS digest 831 > > > > ADHESIONS Digest 831 > > > > Topics covered in this issue include: > > > > 1) Re: An Update of Linda Halford's Surgery Today > > by lindahalford@comcast.net (Linda Halford) > > > > ---------------------------------------------------------------------- > >=3D20 ---------------------------------------------------------------------- > > Date: Wed=3D2C 21 Jan 2009 19:24:48 -0600 (CST) ---------------------------------------------------------------------- > > From: lindahalford@comcast.net (Linda Halford) > > To: adhesions@mail.obgyn.net > > Subject: Re: An Update of Linda Halford's Surgery Today > > Message-ID: <200901220124.n0M1OmI06104@mail.obgyn.net> > > > > >

> > > >>----- Original Message ----- > > >From: "Pam Markford" <PJtweetyRn@aol.com> > > >To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" > > ><adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> > > >Sent: Thursday, April 12, 2001 11:12 PM > > >Subject: An Update of Linda Halford's Surgery Today > > > > > >> Hello Everyone, > > >> I just wanted to post a quick note to let you all know about Linda > > >> Halford's surgery. Dr. Redan said "All went fine with Linda. Her > > >> surgery was quite extensive as she had a tremendous amount of > > >> adhesions.It was quite obvious why she had a great deal of pain and > > >> reaction from her "adhesion prevention barrier." Linda, we are all > > >> praying for you and will continue to pray for the strength that you wi > ll > > >> need to recover and get back to feeling like "The Old Linda", withou > t > > >> pain!! Let us know if any of us can help in anyway. We will also pray > > >> for your comfort while in Scranton. God Bless and rest well!! > > >> > > >> -- > > >> In Loving Friendship, > > >> Pam Markford > > >> > > > > Dr. Redan performed a second laparascopic lysis of adhesions on August > > 12, 2004. He removed massive adhesions and also removed my navel. I > > continue to suffer from excruciating abdominal pain and have taken > > every pain medication known. I had a morphine pump inserted into my > > abdomen and different medications were tried. I went to the highest > > dosage of morphine and became immune to everything. In 2007, I had > > the pump removed. I have tried alternative methods of pain management > > such as, physical therapy, acupuncture and herbs. My entire abdomen > > feels like one big charley horse and is very inflamed. My intestines > > feel like they're super glued together. I get very little relief from > > the Lorcet 10/650, Neurontin 300 mgs. and Flexiril 5 mgs. I lie in > > bed a big portion of my day because this is where I get the most > > relief from pain. The pain started shortly after December 1993 when I > > had a Tram Flap surgery to reconstruct both my breasts. I am so very > > unhappy and have no quality life. Please, please, please let me know > > where I may get help. I would appreciate hearing from you. Thank you > > so very much. > > > > Sincerely, > > Linda Halford, Jacksonville, FL > > > > to the unsubscribe form at http://www.adhesions.org/forums/listcmds.htm > > > > ------------------------------ > >=3D20 > > ------------------------------ > > End of ADHESIONS Digest 831 > > ------------------------------ > > *************************** >=20 >=20

ks_0 > 12009 > > --_ad4b6233-879f-4aec-b912-2395d2be1f78_ > Content-Type: text/html; charset="Windows-1252" > Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable > > <html> > <head> > <style> > .hmmessage P > { > margin:0px; > padding:0px > } > body.hmmessage > { > font-size: 10pt; > font-family:Verdana > } > </style> > </head> > <body class='hmmessage'> > Alie,<br>First off, sweetie your not Crazy. Adhesions do cause a lot of > pain, and can also be very dangerous if not taken care of. They can caus > e lots of problems from wrapping around other organs to prevent them from w > orking properly, to bowel obstructions, etc etc. The unfortunate thing > about adhesions is they don't show up on Xrays untill they are already caus > ing these types of problems. I know you are in a position now that is very > difficult with your X husband. NO YOU SHOULD NOT LOSE YOUR KIDS BECAUSE OF > THESE THINGS!!&nbsp; If I were you I would first find a Doctor that speci > fically deals with adhesions. I don't know of anyone in Arizona, but ther > e are Docs in other areas of the Country. My Doctor is in Pennsylvania, i > t is Clark Gerhart. He does have a web site and I'm sure would be willing t > o talk to you if you tell him your story.. I can see that you are in a sort > of time crunch with the hearing etc., but I would think these Judges etc > would take this all into consideration before jumping to taking your kids > from you. Do you have family or anyone who can help you there? Get all the > information you can get on adhesions ie talk to Dr G( he has a web site cla > rkgerhart.com) Also there are other Docs across the country who could help > ie in Florida, Ohio, ?? These are the main ones I have heard of.&nbsp > ; I would not be alive (and I didn't want to kill myself.) if it weren't > for Dr G. I ended up having to go to Pa, because no one here in Utah woul > d do anything to help me. All they did was tell me that I wasn't bad enough > and that, believe it or not, adhesions didn't cause pain !!!! I'm talk > ing about supposedly some of the best surgeons?? here. Luckily my Gi Docs b > elieved me. Let me tell you a little of my story and you can use it if you > want for your hearing. I don't want to get any one in trouble so I'm not go > ing to use names. <br>I originally had Typical like you, other surgeries > ie hysterectomy, laproscopic for endomitriosis( I found out later that pe > ople who have this are more prone to adhesions !!) I had adhesions that for > med at this time that weren't much of a problem because of where they where > .(not close to any major organs.) 5 years ago I became very ill ie from a s > tomach virus that turned into a night mare, I ended up having to have bow > el surgery, thus the start with major problems. Laproscopic Choleycystect > omy, and even gyn surgery that also developed (healing problems.) I had m > y first adhesions surgery with the doc that did the laproscopic surgery, > and choley. I don't blame this doc at all, but I was pretty trusting that > everyone knew what they were doing. I ended up having touble a short while > later, and went to another doc ie supposedly the person to go to to take > care of these things. We knew at that time the adhesions had come back. He > was the one who told me they didn't cause pain (I figured he just didn't w > ant to deal with me.) I went to another doc here who said they could cause > problems but I wasn't bad enough. Let's put it this way I ended up in ER ab > out 25 times that next six months or so waiting for someone here to do some > thing. I had other test that showed I had a stricture, but they still wou > ldn't do anything. I'm a nurse so I just said to myself,I shouldn't have > to live like this. I ended up doing all the research myself on Adhesions(by > the way I'm an Or nurse I've seen these things.) Luckily I found adhesions > .org and ended up finding Dr G. By the time I got to him the adhesions were > wrapped around my right ureter and bowel. I had a partal obstruction. Need > less to say I was a mess. My bowel had even started to atrophy, because t > hey let me go to long here. I could go on and on about the research, and > what I found out during this time. Ie about adhesions barriers, etc etc. > But I don't want to bore you. I ended up having to have one more surgery wi > th him 6 mo later. That was 2 years ago. Yes these things can come back the > re's no guarantee, but the last time he put a different barrier in and I' > m&nbsp; Much Much better. now. I've been through a lot of the same things > it sounds like you have. No one believed me, they thought it was everyth > ing from in my head to stress, to whatever. I would not be here today if > it weren''t for a couple Docs that believed in me. I reciently went through > a divorce also. Mainly due to my struggle with physical things ie adhesion > s. These things ruin your life, but their is hope. There are a lot of new > barriers etc out there that are promising and when you have kids you do ev > ery thing you can, because you want to be there for them. <br>Hang in the > re, and&nbsp; you are doing the right thing by putting your story on he > re. There are so many people around the country ie world that are going thr > ough the same thing you are. One thing I did find out during my research th > at you might want to know about that is exciting. There are barriers out th > ere that are used in other countries ie Germany, etc that are not approve > d here in the US(another story in itself as to why!!!!!) There is work bein > g done to help deal with these things. <br>Let me know how you make out. We > 're all here for you!<br>Moe.(nick name)<br><br><hr id="stopSpelling">Dat > e: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 18:47:12 -0600<br>From: alie106@msn.com<br>To: adhesi > ons@mail.obgyn.net<br>Subject: RE: ADHESIONS digest 831<br><br> > > <style> > .ExternalClass .EC_hmmessage P > {padding:0px;} > .ExternalClass body.EC_hmmessage > {font-size:10pt;font-family:Verdana;} > </style> > > Hello out there,<br> > my name is alie, I want to say if it wasn't for this site I would probabl > y except my life was doomed for ever and want to die. I'm 37 and have had s > everal surgeries that have left me in severe pain that I'm about to loose m > y job, my kids and my mind . I finally went to a new gyn yesterday and I > was at the end of my rope, I have run out of options and I am in such pai > n I cant function and I was beginning to think I want to put a gun to my he > ad. I have had two c-section an oblation my appendix removed a hysterectomy > and&nbsp; cuff reconstruction and some adhesions removed. As I sat in th > e Dr. office with tears streaming down my face explaining my pain and I kno > w not many doctors want to go in and remove adhesions because it can just c > ome back, but that I can't work and because of this pain and how hard n i > t is to do the things I used to do and with even pain meds I have severe pa > in, that now my ex-husband is trying to get full custody of my girls and > accusing me of being crazy and a drug addict. YES so on top of dealing with > the pain and depression I an dealing with proving to a court that I have a > dhesions and trying to get them removed and that I'm not a drug addict and > my pain is real and that I have had counseling even MMPI test to prove I'm > not crazy " which I'm not" I think that the doctor finally got that if he d > idn't help me that I will end my own life ... He agreed to do surgery which > made me very happy. Heres the problem, he gave me 30 percocet and said h > e will be on vacation till the first week of Feb, then he will do the sur > gery so I called back today and said "when is the surgery and since he is g > oing to be gone can he leave me another script for meds since I cant handle > that pain and he will be gone"? Well the nurse told me tonight that "no" h > e cant prescribe any more meds till he does the surgery so right away my an > xiety went up just thinking I'm going to have to suffer when the pills run > out and I get surgery. Talk about unfair and no understanding at all.&nbsp > ; so on top of that now I have to prove my medical problem to a judge and > my own lawyer because I get the feeling she doesn't even believe me... I a > m asking if any of you that read this and live in AZ and have suffered the > way I have and have children, to please reach out&nbsp; to me and write > letters about what you are or went through with adhesions. I cant loose my > children due to this I love them more than anything in the world and I'm t > rying to get people to understand how bad adhesions are and what it can do > to ones life. My court date is Feb, 9th 2009. If you write me a letter pl > ease send it to <a href="mailto:alie106@msn.com">alie106@msn.com</a>&nbsp > ; I need theses letters from you my friends please help me not loose my k > ids because of adhesions, its not fair and I will really loose my will to > live.<br> > thank you, I pray for all of you and please write a letter even if you do > n't live in AZ I need these to prove to the court what I'm going through an > d I'm not alone and I'm not making it up.<br> > Thank you<br> > <br><br>Alie<br><br><br><br>&gt; Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 18:17:16 -0600< > br>&gt; From: adhesions@adhesions.org<br>&gt; To: adhesions@mail.obgyn. > net<br>&gt; Subject: ADHESIONS digest 831<br>&gt; <br>&gt; ADHESIONS > Digest 831<br>&gt; <br>&gt; Topics covered in this issue include:<br>&g > t; <br>&gt; 1) Re: An Update of Linda Halford's Surgery Today<br>&gt; > by lindahalford@comcast.net (Linda Halford)<br>&gt; <br>&gt; --------- > -------------------------------------------------------------<br>&gt; <br=3D -------------------------------------------------------------<br>&gt; > >&gt=3D3B Date: Wed=3D2C 21 Jan 2009 19:24:48 -0600 = -------------------------------------------------------------<br>&gt;(CST)<br>&gt; From: linda > halford@comcast.net (Linda Halford)<br>&gt; To: adhesions@mail.obgyn.net< > br>&gt; Subject: Re: An Update of Linda Halford's Surgery Today<br>&gt; > Message-ID:&lt;200901220124.n0M1OmI06104@mail.obgyn.net&gt;<br>&gt; > <br>&gt; &gt;<br>&gt; &gt;&gt;----- Original Message -----<br>&g > t; &gt;From: "Pam Markford" &lt;PJtweetyRn@aol.com&gt;<br>&gt; &g > t;To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS"<br>&gt; &gt;&lt;adhes > ions@mail.medispecialty.com&gt;<br>&gt; &gt;Sent: Thursday, April 1 > 2, 2001 11:12 PM<br>&gt; &gt;Subject: An Update of Linda Halford's Su > rgery Today<br>&gt; &gt;<br>&gt; &gt;&gt; Hello Everyone,<br>&g > t; &gt;&gt; I just wanted to post a quick note to let you all know ab > out Linda<br>&gt; &gt;&gt; Halford's surgery. Dr. Redan said "All wen > t fine with Linda. Her<br>&gt; &gt;&gt; surgery was quite extensive a > s she had a tremendous amount of<br>&gt; &gt;&gt; adhesions.It was qu > ite obvious why she had a great deal of pain and<br>&gt; &gt;&gt; rea > ction from her "adhesion prevention barrier." Linda, we are all<br>&gt; > &gt;&gt; praying for you and will continue to pray for the strength th > at you will<br>&gt; &gt;&gt; need to recover and get back to feeling > like "The Old Linda"well!!<br>&gt; &gt > ;&gt;<br>&gt; &gt;&gt; --<br>&gt; &gt;&gt; In Loving Friend > ship,<br>&gt; &gt;&gt; Pam Markford<br>&gt; &gt;&gt;<br>&gt > ; <br>&gt; Dr. Redan performed a second laparascopic lysis of adhesions > on August<br>&gt; 12, 2004. He removed massive adhesions and also remo > ved my navel. I<br>&gt; continue to suffer from excruciating abdominal pa > in and have taken<br>&gt; every pain medication known. I had a morphine p > ump inserted into my<br>&gt; abdomen and different medications were tried > . I went to the highest<br>&gt; dosage of morphine and became immune to e > verything. In 2007, I had<br>&gt; the pump removed. I have tried altern > ative methods of pain management<br>&gt; such as, physical therapy, a > cupuncture and herbs. My entire abdomen<br>&gt; feels like one big charle > y horse and is very inflamed. My intestines<br>&gt; feel like they're sup > er glued together. I get very little relief from<br>&gt; the Lorcet 10/65 > 0, Neurontin 300 mgs. and Flexiril 5 mgs. I lie in<br>&gt; bed a big po > rtion of my day because this is where I get the most<br>&gt; relief from > pain. The pain started shortly after December 1993 when I<br>&gt; had a T > ram Flap surgery to reconstruct both my breasts. I am so very<br>&gt; unh > appy and have no quality life. Please, please, please let me know<br>&g > t; where I may get help. I would appreciate hearing from you. Thank you<b > r>&gt; so very much.<br>&gt; <br>&gt; Sincerely,<br>&gt; Linda Ha > lford, Jacksonville, FL<br>&gt; <br>&gt; To remove yourself from th > e adhesions@adhesions.org mailing list please go<br>&gt; to the unsubscri > be form at http://www.adhesions.org/forums/listcmds.htm<br>&gt; p.s. for > the web forum version see http://www.adhesions.org/forums/<br>&gt; <br>&g > t; ------------------------------<br>&gt; <br>&gt; End of ADHESIONS D=3D > t; ------------------------------<br>&gt; <br>&gt; End > igest 831<br>&gt=3D3B ***************************<br><br><br /><hr = > t; ------------------------------<br>&gt; <br>&gt; End />Windows > Live™: E-mail. Chat. Share. Get more ways to connect. <a href='http:// > windowslive.com/howitworks?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_t2_allup_howitworks_012009' > target='_new'>See how it works.</a></body> > </html> > > --_ad4b6233-879f-4aec-b912-2395d2be1f78_-- >

http://www.adhesions.org/forums/listcmds.htm > > ------------------------------ >=20 > ------------------------------ > Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 00:48:50 -0600 > ------------------------------ > From: Karynn <keltic@cox.net> > To: adhesions@adhesions.org > Subject: Re: Just needing some support... > Message-ID: <49796852.6060402@cox.net> > MIME-Version: 1.0 > Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1 > Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit > > <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"> > <html> > <head> > <meta content="text/html;charset=ISO-8859-1" http-equiv="Content-Type"> > <title></title> > </head> > <body bgcolor="#ffffff" text="#000000"> > Hello Wendy!<br> > I'm Karynn and I have had elevated liver enzymes twice after being in > the hospital.&nbsp; They couldn't give me a reason why.&nbsp; They acted like it > was pretty serious.&nbsp; I don't drink alcohol and I don't take a lot of > acetaminophen products.&nbsp;&nbsp; Also, My tests were fine when I first went > in, it would just happen after a day.&nbsp; If anyone else has had this > happen and has any idea why, I'd love to hear from you!&nbsp; <br> > Karynn<br> > <br> > <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:WendyEbbe3@aol.com">WendyEbbe3@aol.com</a> wrote: > <blockquote cite="mid:ccf.47f9c56c.36aaa21e@aol.com" type="cite"> > <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; "> > <meta content="MSHTML 6.00.6000.16788" name="GENERATOR"> > <font id="role_document" color="#000000" face="Arial" size="2"> > <div><strong>Donna,</strong></div> > <div><strong>That is awesome advice on&nbsp;carrying&nbsp;the records with to > new Dr's and having your Psych evaluation on top. &nbsp;I have a question > for everyone.&nbsp; Has anyone else experienced high enzymes? I'm really not > sure how serious it is, but my thoughts are that they are from all of > the drugs I've been on. I won't bore you all with my story since it's > posted and I've talked about it before like this. It's been 2 and a > half years since I have had any kind of a life. I want my life back as > I know every single person who battles ARD.&nbsp; If I ever come into money > I would do whatever I could to get the medical research to find a cure > for every person who suffers from ARD now and to prevent it from > happening to anyone else.&nbsp; I always hope that my two girls will <u>NEVER > </u>have to go through this. Especially since they are the only > reasons I'm still here. I'm not sure how much longer I can hang in > there. I also lost my job back in December but I am getting Long Term > Disability and waiting to get an appointment to go before a Social > Security Judge. It's a major financial problem for me on top of every > thing else.&nbsp; I can't believe I have to pay $760 per month for medical > insurance for myself and the two girls. So I know I'll be going further > into debt. Ok I'm sorry I vented a little more than I intended. You are > all fantastic and inspiring people.</strong></div> > <div><strong>Wendy</strong></div> > <br> > <font color="#ff0000" face="Webdings" size="2">========</font><font > color="#000000" face="Arial" size="2">Original Message</font><font > color="#ff0000" face="Webdings" size="2">========</font> > <table > style="border: 1px solid rgb(192, 192, 192); font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial; background-color: rgb(224, 224, 224);" > border="0" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> > <tbody> > <tr class="aolmailheader"> > <td valign="top" width="10%">Subj:</td> > <td><b>Re: Just needing some support...</b></td> > </tr> > <tr class="aolmailheader"> > <td valign="top" width="10%">Date:</td> > <td>1/19/2009 12:30:21 P.M. Central Standard Time</td> > </tr> > <tr class="aolmailheader"> > <td nowrap="nowrap" valign="top" width="10%">From:</td> > <td><a moz-do-not-send="tru > title="mailto:donnacboggs@comcast.net" > href="mailto:donnacboggs@comcast.net">donnacboggs@comcast.net</a></td> > </tr> > <tr class="aolmailheader"> > <td nowrap="nowrap" valign="top" width="10%">To:</td> > <td><a moz-do-not-send="true" > title="mailto:adhesions@mail.obgyn.net" > href="mailto:adhesions@mail.obgyn.net">adhesions@mail.obgyn.net</a></td> > </tr> > <tr class="aolmailheader"> > <td colspan="2" bgcolor="#d0d0d0">Sent on:&nbsp; &nbsp; </td> > </tr> > </tbody> > </table> > <br> > I, too, had to sit through a psych evaluation, again, before being given<br> > the "opportunity" to have narcotics prescribed for daily use.&nbsp; The<br> > results were very good, "extraordinarly well balanced emotionally and<br> > mentally", and I asked the Doc if I was being checked out to make sure<br> > that I was emotionally balanced enough to knowingly and willingly choose<br> > narcotic drug addiction as a solution to adhesion pain.&nbsp; We both had a<br> > good laugh when she replied, "yes".&nbsp; Seriously - who, in their right<br> > mind, would choose drug addiction?<br> > <br> > I refused the "treatment" of narcotics.<br> > <br> > I carry a copy of my medical records with me when I see a new physician.<br> > I have prepared a simple health statement with lists of meds, surgeries,<br> > dates and Docs names and contact numbers.&nbsp; I ask that the files be<br> > reviewed before I meed with a new Doc.&nbsp; If a Doc comes in to see me<br> > without review, I simply give her or him another chance to review and<br> > make another appointment.&nbsp; If he/she refuses, I find another Doc.<br> > <br> > It is not easy to suffer from a problem that no Doctor wants to address.<br> > Most Docs will tell you that pelvic pain patients are their least<br> > favorite to treat as they understand that, most times, there is no<br> > relief in sight, multiple surgeries are required and their own judgement<br> > may be questioned by their mal-practice insurance providers.<br> > <br> > Get your records together and keep the mental health assessment results<br> > on top of the pile.&nbsp; Only see Docs that are willing to believe you and<br> > recognize that most that don't believe are only protecting themselves<br> > from having a patient that they are powerless to heal.<br> > <br> > I know how difficult it is to keep going when you hurt most of the time.<br> > Care for yourself as best you can and just keep going.&nbsp; Breathe deep and<br> > stand tall.&nbsp; Your pain is real.&nbsp; The cause is real.&nbsp; The answers are not<br> > always the ones we want to hear, but there are answers for relief even<br> > though that relief may only last a short while.&nbsp; We all deserve respect<br> > for dealing with chronic and often debilitating pain while doing the<br> > best we can just to live our daily lives.<br> > <br> > Best,&nbsp; Donna B<br> > <br> > At Wed, 14 Jan 2009, ScaredMa wrote:<br> > &gt;<br> > &gt;My records have been sent to Dr.&nbsp; Redan in Florida and he thinks he > can<br> > &gt;help me.&nbsp; He wanted me to wait 6 months so that my body could heal > from<br> > &gt;the multiple surgeries that I had last year.&nbsp; I am hurting > constantly,<br> > &gt;some days worse than others.&nbsp; My lower back really hurts.&nbsp; I am so<br> > &gt;thankful for this website and all the information and support I have<br> > &gt;received from here and at CAPPS.&nbsp; I wish no one had to endure what > we<br> > &gt;are enduring but it helps to know that I am not alone.&nbsp; I have even<br> > &gt;taken a psych eval.&nbsp; due to the fact that my mental health has been<br> > &gt;called into question in all of this.&nbsp; They are also trying to tell > me it<br> > &gt;is just irritable bowel and I was diagnosed with irritable bowel 4 > years<br> > &gt;ago and never had all these symptoms as I have now.&nbsp; Each time it > has<br> > &gt;been endometriosis and scar tissue and in my last surgery it was a > mass<br> > &gt;larger than a softball and endometriosis and scar tissue but now > all of<br> > &gt;a sudden it is irritable bowel.&nbsp; All of this has taken such a toll > on me<br> > &gt;physically and mentally.&nbsp; I am just sick and tired of being sick and<br> > &gt;tired.&nbsp; I can't wait to go to Florida and hopefully find some > relief and<br> > &gt;just knowing that Dr.&nbsp; Redan believes me means so much to me.&nbsp; Also,<br> > &gt;after the psych evaluation results came back in my favor helped but > it<br> > &gt;still hurts so much to be treated as I have been treated.&nbsp; I also > wrote<br> > &gt;to The Doctors show hoping that they would deal with this issue and<br> > &gt;bring it before the people so hopefully more can be done to help > all of<br> > &gt;us who are suffering.&nbsp; I have had a really rough week and just > needed to<br> > &gt;vent.&nbsp; Thanks for the hope that I have received here.&nbsp; Jen<br> > <br> > To remove yourself from the <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org">adhesions@adhesions.org</a> mailing list please > go<br> > to the unsubscribe form at <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.adhesions.org/forums/listcmds.htm">http://www.adhesions.org/forums/listcmds.htm</a><br> href="http://www.adhesions.org/forums/">http://www.adhesions.org/forums/</a><br> > </font><br> > <font > style="color: black; font-family: arial,san-serif; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; font-size: 10pt; line-height: normal; font-size-adjust: none; font-stretch: normal;"> > <hr style="margin-top: 10px;"><b>A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. > <a moz-do-not-send="true" > href="http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x1215855013x1201028747/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072%26hmpgIDb%26bcdÞcemailfooterNO62"> > See yours in just 2 easy steps!</a></b></font> > <pre wrap=""> > <hr size="4" width="90%"> > > No virus found in this incoming message. > Checked by AVG - <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.avg.com">http://www.avg.com</a> > Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.10.12/1909 - Release Date: 1/22/2009 7:08 AM > > </pre> > </blockquote> > </body> > </html> >

http://www.adhesions.org/forums/listcmds.htm > > ------------------------------ >=20 > ------------------------------ > End of ADHESIONS Digest 832 > ------------------------------ > ***************************

-------------------------------------------------------------------------=

---

No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.10.12/1911 - Release Date: 1/23/2009 7:28 AM

------=_NextPart_000_023A_01C97D71.5E87BBE0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">

I was looking through the "clinical trials" that the government puts out and there was a "adhesion pain medicine" on there.  I saw that the trial was cancelled so I wrote the dr. that was doing it and she said there weren't enough patients signed up for it.  Well, heck if any of us knew about it, they would have a boat load of us signing up.  At this point, I can't remember the name of the med but if enough of us would sign up for clinical trials on surgery or medicine for adhesions, maybe they would start them.  I believe it is clinicaltrials.gov or something like that.  It shouldn't be too hard to find.
I've done the Germany route already.  I am waiting for something else.
I think there have been people that have written to Oprah in the past and I don't know about Dr. Phil.
Most of our drs. aren't going to be in the know on adhesion meds or surgeries.  We have to do our own searching.  We also need to watch for Drs. that know we are desperate that use us for money also.
>
----- Original Message -----
To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS
Sent: Friday, January 23, 2009 3:21 PM

Dear Linda
I hope you doing fine. Please keep writing; what about Oprah and Dr. Phil? Your writing skills are excellent and the way you explain yourself also help this lonely cause. We need the media intervention and probably we can find an actor or actress (some of them) that sponsor the cause. I guess that will be a good idea , these people can spread the word.
Have you been in bombobeach.com
if you haven't try it, there are lot of people flying to Germany to get the procedure done with spraygel.
thanks again,
wait , wait,  Are you the Linda that I read had surgery ?-well even if not you , for the Linda who had the surgery- i hope you feel excellent and without pain.
God Bless you,
dinilka@yahoo.com

To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS <adhesions@mail.obgyn.net>
Sent: Friday, January 23, 2009 4:20:18 PM

Dear Alie,

I wrote to "The Doctors" show to ask them to do a program on adhesions.  If German doctors are using Spraygel to keep adhesions from reforming and the pain returning, FDA needs to approve its use ASAP in the United States.  I read Pam Markford's story on adhesions.org and for the first time in years, I felt there may be hope for me.  I haven't read your story but would like to.  Thanks so much for all you are doing for those who are suffering with pain from adhesions. 

Linda Halford
Jacksonville, FL
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, January 23, 2009 12:45 PM
Subject: RE: ADHESIONS digest 832

Hey everyone it's me ALIE,
let me say THANK YOU TO THOSE THAT REACHED OUT TO ME , I can't tell you what it means to me... I'm going to OPRAH I'm not kidding, how come NO ONE IN TELEVISION has address this wide spread issue?
Today on OPRAH funny I really never watch it but I can't work right now till my surgery " btw try explaining that issue to H R services" but today on OPRAH they talked about HORMONE REPLACEMENT so if they can dedicate a hour to that why not our problem? so I need every ones help again, I'm going to write OPRAH THE DOCTORS AND YES DR. PHIL and I'm asking we ALL WRITE TO THEM write them tell them your story your name make them hear us make this the new medical miricle. Lets do this, help me get through to them, maybe if every one that has this draws the attention it deserves to it maybe with that and GODS help we can fight and win, instead of suffering.
please keep writing me your story, i'm using them to help me fight for my cxhildren in court.
lets get writing......

Alie

> Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 00:52:18 -0600
> From: adhesions@adhesions.org
> To: adhesions@mail.obgyn.net
> Subject: ADHESIONS digest 832
>
> ADHESIONS Digest 832
>
> Topics covered in this issue include:
>
> 1) RE: ADHESIONS digest 831
> by Alie Sirochman <alie106@msn.com>
> 2) Re: Just needing some support...
> by WendyEbbe3@aol.com
> 3) RE: ADHESIONS digest 831
> by Marlene Wheeler <wheelerski@msn.com>
> 4) Re: Just needing some support...
> by Karynn <keltic@cox.net>
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>=20 ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 17:45:42 -0700
> From: Alie = ----------------------------------------------------------------------> To: <adhesions@adhesions.org>
> Subject: RE: ADHESIONS digest 831
> Message-ID: <BLU136-W2375DAE03289AB0455DDD4F3CF0@phx.gbl>
> Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
> boundary="_30488587-887b-4926-97e0-ffc3aaf2e64b_"
> MIME-Version: 1.0
>
> court=
> date is Feb, 9th 2009. If you write me a letter please send it to alie10=
> 6@msn.com I need theses letters from you my friends please help me not loo=
> se my kids because of adhesions, its not fair and I will really loose my =
> will to live.
> thank you, I pray for all of you and please write a letter even if you do=
> n't live in AZ I need these to prove to the court what I'm going through an=
> d I'm not alone and I'm not making it up.
> Thank you
> Alie> Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 18:17:16 -0600> From: adhesions@adhesions.or=
> g> To: adhesions@mail.obgyn.net> Subject: ADHESIONS digest 831> > ADHESIONS=
> Digest 831> > Topics covered in this issue include:> > 1) Re: An Update of=
> Linda Halford's Surgery Today> by lindahalford@comcast.net (Linda Halford)=
> > > ---------------------------------------------------------------------->=3D
>=20 ----------------------------------------------------------------------> > Date: Wed=3D2C 21 Jan 2009 19:24:48 -0600 (CST)> From:=20 ----------------------------------------------------------------------> lindahalford@comcas=
> t.net (Linda Halford)> To: adhesions@mail.obgyn.net> Subject: Re: An Update=
> of Linda Halford's Surgery Today> Message-ID: <200901220124.n0M1OmI06104@m=
> ail.obgyn.net>> > >> > >>----- Original Message -----> >From: "Pam Markford" =
> <PJtweetyRn@aol.com>> >To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS"> ><adhes=
> ions@mail.medispecialty.com>> >Sent: Thursday, April 12, 2001 11:12 PM>=
> >Subject: An Update of Linda Halford's Surgery Today> >> >> Hello Everyone=
> ,> >> I just wanted to post a quick note to let you all know about Linda>=
> >> Halford's surgery. Dr. Redan said "All went fine with Linda. Her> >> su=
> rgery was quite extensive as she had a tremendous amount of> >> adhesions.I=
> t was quite obvious why she had a great deal of pain and> >> reaction from =
> her "adhesion prevention barrier." Linda, we are all> >> praying for you =
> and will continue to pray for the strength that you will> >> need to recove=
> r and get back to feeling like "The Old Linda", without> >> pain!! Let us=
> know if any of us can help in anyway. We will also pray> >> for your comfo=
> rt while in Scranton. God Bless and rest well!!> >>> >> --> >> In Loving Fr=
> iendship,> >> Pam Markford> >>> > Dr. Redan performed a second laparascop=
> ic lysis of adhesions on August> 12, 2004. He removed massive adhesions a=
> nd also removed my navel. I> continue to suffer from excruciating abdominal=
> pain and have taken> every pain medication known. I had a morphine pump in=
> serted into my> abdomen and different medications were tried. I went to the=
> highest> dosage of morphine and became immune to everything. In 2007, I =
> had> the pump removed. I have tried alternative methods of pain management>=
> such as, physical therapy, acupuncture and herbs. My entire abdomen> f=
> eels like one big charley horse and is very inflamed. My intestines> feel l=
> ike they're super glued together. I get very little relief from> the Lorcet=
> 10/650, Neurontin 300 mgs. and Flexiril 5 mgs. I lie in> bed a big porti=
> on of my day because this is where I get the most> relief from pain. The pa=
> in started shortly after December 1993 when I> had a Tram Flap surgery to r=
> econstruct both my breasts. I am so very> unhappy and have no quality life.=
> Please, please, please let me know> where I may get help. I would appr=
> eciate hearing from you. Thank you> so very much.> > Sincerely,> Linda Ha=
> lford, Jacksonville, FL> > To remove yourself from the adhesions@adhesi=
> ons.org mailing list please go> to the unsubscribe form at http://www.adhes=
> ------------------------------> > End of ADHESION=
> S Digest=20 ------------------------------> > End of ADHESION=
> S 831> ***************************=3D
>
>=20 ------------------------------> > End of ADHESION=
> S --_30488587-887b-4926-97e0-ffc3aaf2e64b_
> Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1"
> Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
>
> <html>
> <head>
> <style>
> .hmmessage P
> {
> margin:0px;
> padding:0px
> }
> body.hmmessage
> {
> font-size: 10pt;
> font-family:Verdana
> }
> </style>
> </head>
> <body class='hmmessage'>
> Hello out there,<BR>
> my name is alie, I want to say if it wasn't for this site I would probabl=
> y except my life was doomed for ever and want to die. I'm 37 and have had s=
> everal surgeries that have left me in severe pain that I'm about to loose m=
> y job, my kids and my mind . I finally went to a new gyn yesterday and I =
> was at the end of my rope, I have run out of options and I am in such pai=
> n I cant function and I was beginning to think I want to put a gun to my he=
> ad. I have had two c-section an oblation my appendix removed a hysterectomy=
> and&nbsp; cuff reconstruction and some adhesions removed. As I sat in th=
> e Dr. office with tears streaming down my face explaining my pain and I kno=
> w not many doctors want to go in and remove adhesions because it can just c=
> ome back, but that I can't work and because of this pain and how hard n i=
> t is to do the things I used to do and with even pain meds I have severe pa=
> in, that now my ex-husband is trying to get full custody of my girls and =
> accusing me of being crazy and a drug addict. YES so on top of dealing with=
> the pain and depression I an dealing with proving to a court that I have a=
> dhesions and trying to get them removed and that I'm not a drug addict and =
> my pain is real and that I have had counseling even MMPI test to prove I'm =
> not crazy " which I'm not" I think that the doctor finally got that if he d=
> idn't help me that I will end my own life ... He agreed to do surgery which=
> made me very happy. Heres the problem, he gave me 30 percocet and said h=
> e will be on vacation till the first week of Feb, then he will do the sur=
> gery so I called back today and said "when is the surgery and since he is g=
> oing to be gone can he leave me another script for meds since I cant handle=
> that pain and he will be gone"? Well the nurse told me tonight that "no" h=
> e cant prescribe any more meds till he does the surgery so right away my an=
> xiety went up just thinking I'm going to have to suffer when the pills run =
> out and I get surgery. Talk about unfair and no understanding at all.&nbsp=
> ; so on top of that now I have to prove my medical problem to a judge and=
> my own lawyer because I get the feeling she doesn't even believe me... I a=
> m asking if any of you that read this and live in AZ and have suffered the =
> way I have and have children, to please reach out&nbsp; to me and write=
> letters about what you are or went through with adhesions. I cant loose my=
> children due to this I love them more than anything in the world and I'm t=
> rying to get people to understand how bad adhesions are and what it can do =
> to ones life. My court date is Feb, 9th 2009. If you write me a letter pl=
> ease send it to <A href="mailto:alie106@msn.com">alie106@msn.com</A>&nbsp==
> ; I need theses letters from you my friends please help me not loose my k=
> ids because of adhesions, its not fair and I will really loose my will to=
> live.<BR>
> d I'm not alone and I'm not making it up.<BR>
> Thank you<BR>
> <BR><BR>Alie<BR><BR><BR><BR>&gt== 3B Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 18:17:16 -0600<=
> BR>&gt; From: adhesions@adhesions.org<BR>&gt; To: adhesions@mail.obgyn.=
> net<BR>&gt; Subject: ADHESIONS digest 831<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; ADHESIONS =
> Digest 831<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Topics covered in this issue include:<BR>&g=
> t; <BR>&gt; 1) Re: An Update of Linda Halford's Surgery Today<BR>&gt;=
> by lindahalford@comcast.net (Linda Halford)<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; ---------=
> -------------------------------------------------------------<BR>&gt=3D3B=20 -------------------------------------------------------------<BR>&a <BR=3D
> >&gt=3D3B Date: Wed=3D2C 21 Jan 2009 = -------------------------------------------------------------<BR>&a19:24:48 -0600 (CST)<BR>&gt; From: linda=
> halford@comcast.net (Linda Halford)<BR>&gt; To: adhesions@mail.obgyn.net<=
> BR>&gt; Subject: Re: An Update of Linda Halford's Surgery Today<BR>&gt;=
> Message-ID: &lt;200901220124.n0M1OmI06104@mail.obgyn.net&gt;<BR>&gt;=
> <BR>&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt;----- Original Message -----<BR>&g=
> t; &gt;From: "Pam Markford" &lt;PJtweetyRn@aol.com&gt;<BR>&gt; &g=
> t;To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS"<BR>&gt; &gt;&lt;adhes=
> ions@mail.medispecialty.com&gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;Sent: Thursday, April 1=
> 2, 2001 11:12 PM<BR>&gt; &gt;Subject: An Update of Linda Halford's Su=
> rgery Today<BR>&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; Hello Everyone,<BR>&g=
> t; &gt;&gt; I just wanted to post a quick note to let you all know ab=
> out Linda<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; Halford's surgery. Dr. Redan said "All wen=
> t fine with Linda. Her<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; surgery was quite extensive a=
> s she had a tremendous amount of<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; adhesions.It was qu=
> ite obvious why she had a great deal of pain and<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; rea=
> ction from her "adhesion prevention barrier." Linda, we are all<BR>&gt;=
> &gt;&gt; praying for you and will continue to pray for the strength th=
> at you will<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; need to recover and get back to feeling =
> like "The Old Linda", without<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; pain!! Let us know i=
> f any of us can help in anyway. We will also pray<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; fo=
> r your comfort while in Scranton. God Bless and rest well!!<BR>&gt; &gt=
> ;&gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; --<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; In Loving Friend=
> ship,<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; Pam Markford<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt;<BR>&gt=
> ; <BR>&gt; Dr. Redan performed a second laparascopic lysis of adhesions=
> on August<BR>&gt; 12, 2004. He removed massive adhesions and also remo=
> ved my navel. I<BR>&gt; continue to suffer from excruciating abdominal pa=
> in and have taken<BR>&gt; every pain medication known. I had a morphine p=
> ump inserted into my<BR>&gt; abdomen and different medications were tried=
> . I went to the highest<BR>&gt; dosage of morphine and became immune to e=
> verything. In 2007, I had<BR>&gt; the pump removed. I have tried altern=
> ative methods of pain management<BR>&gt; such as, physical therapy, a=
> cupuncture and herbs. My entire abdomen<BR>&gt; feels like one big charle=
> y horse and is very inflamed. My intestines<BR>&gt; feel like they're sup=
> er glued together. I get very little relief from<BR>&gt; the Lorcet 10/65=
> 0, Neurontin 300 mgs. and Flexiril 5 mgs. I lie in<BR>&gt; bed a big po=
> rtion of my day because this is where I get the most<BR>&gt; relief from =
> pain. The pain started shortly after December 1993 when I<BR>&gt; had a T=
> ram Flap surgery to reconstruct both my breasts. I am so very<BR>&gt; unh=
> appy and have no quality life. Please, please, please let me know<BR>&g=
> t; where I may get help. I would appreciate hearing from you. Thank you<B=
> R>&gt; so very much.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Sincerely,<BR>&gt; Linda Ha=
> lford, Jacksonville, FL<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; To remove yourself from th=
> e adhesions@adhesions.org mailing list please go<BR>&gt; to the unsubscri=
> be form at http://www.adhesions.org/forums/listcmds.htm<BR>&gt; p.s. for =
> the web forum version see http://www.adhesions.org/forums/<BR>&gt; <BR>&g=
> t; ------------------------------<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt=3D3B End=20 ------------------------------<BR>&gt; of ADHESIONS D=3D
> igest 831<BR>&gt=3D3B=20 ------------------------------<BR>&gt; ***************************<BR><BR></body>
> </html>=3D
>
>=20 --_30488587-887b-4926-97e0-ffc3aaf2e64b_--
>
> To remove yourself from the adhesions@adhesions.org mailing list please go
> to the unsubscribe form at http://www.adhesions.org/forums/listcmds.htm
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Thu, 22 Jan=20
>
> Date: Thu, 2009 23:31:26 EST
> From: WendyEbbe3@aol.com
> To:=20
>
> Date: Thu, adhesions@adhesions.org
> Subject: Re: Just needing some support...
> Message-ID:<ccf.47f9c56c.36aaa21e@aol.com>
> Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="-----------------------------1232685086"
>
>
> -------------------------------1232685086
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII"
> Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
>
> Donna,
> That is awesome advice on carrying the records with to new Dr's and having
> your Psych evaluation on top. I have a question for everyone. Has anyone
> else experienced high enzymes? I'm really not sure how serious it is, but my
> thoughts are that they are from all of the drugs I've been on. I won't bore you
> all with my story since it's posted and I've talked about it before like
> this. It's been 2 and a half years since I have had any kind of a life. I want my
> life back as I know every single person who battles ARD. If I ever come
> into money I would do whatever I could to get the medical research to find a
> cure for every person who suffers from ARD now and to prevent it from happening
> to anyone else. I always hope that my two girls will NEVER have to go
> through this. Especially since they are the only reasons I'm still here. I'm not
> sure how much longer I can hang in there. I also lost my job back in December
> but I am getting Long Term Disability and waiting to get an appointment to go
> before a Social Security Judge. It's a major financial problem for me on top
> of every thing else. I can't believe I have to pay $760 per month for
> medical insurance for myself and the two girls. So I know I'll be going further
> into debt. Ok I'm sorry I vented a little more than I intended. You are all
> fantastic and inspiring people.
> Wendy
>
> ========Original Message======== Subj: Re: Just needing some support...
> Date: 1/19/2009 12:30:21 P.M. Central Standard Time From:
> _donnacboggs@comcast.net_ (mailto:donnacboggs@comcast.net) To: _adhesions@mail.obgyn.net_
> (mailto:adhesions@mail.obgyn.net) Sent on:
> I, too, had to sit through a psych evaluation, again, before being given
> the "opportunity" to have narcotics prescribed for daily use. The
> results were very good, "extraordinarly well balanced emotionally and
> mentally", and I asked the Doc if I was being checked out to make sure
> that I was emotionally balanced enough to knowingly and willingly choose
> narcotic drug addiction as a solution to adhesion pain. We both had a
> good laugh when she replied, "yes". Seriously - who, in their right
> mind, would choose drug addiction?
>
> I refused the "treatment" of narcotics.
>
> I carry a copy of my medical records with me when I see a new physician.
> I have prepared a simple health statement with lists of meds, surgeries,
> dates and Docs names and contact numbers. I ask that the files be
> reviewed before I meed with a new Doc. If a Doc comes in to see me
> without review, I simply give her or him another chance to review and
> make another appointment. If he/she refuses, I find another Doc.
>
> It is not easy to suffer from a problem that no Doctor wants to address.
> Most Docs will tell you that pelvic pain patients are their least
> favorite to treat as they understand that, most times, there is no
> relief in sight, multiple surgeries are required and their own judgement
> may be questioned by their mal-practice insurance providers.
>
> Get your records together and keep the mental health assessment results
> on top of the pile. Only see Docs that are willing to believe you and
> recognize that most that don't believe are only protecting themselves
> from having a patient that they are powerless to heal.
>
> I know how difficult it is to keep going when you hurt most of the time.
> Care for yourself as best you can and just keep going. Breathe deep and
> stand tall. Your pain is real. The cause is real. The answers are not
> always the ones we want to hear, but there are answers for relief even
> though that relief may only last a short while. We all deserve respect
> for dealing with chronic and often debilitating pain while doing the
> best we can just to live our daily lives.
>
> Best, Donna B
>
> At Wed, 14 Jan 2009, ScaredMa wrote:
> >
> >My records have been sent to Dr. Redan in Florida and he thinks he can
> >help me. He wanted me to wait 6 months so that my body could heal from
> >the multiple surgeries that I had last year. I am hurting constantly,
> >some days worse than others. My lower back really hurts. I am so
> >thankful for this website and all the information and support I have
> >received from here and at CAPPS. I wish no one had to endure what we
> >are enduring but it helps to know that I am not alone. I have even
> >taken a psych eval. due to the fact that my mental health has been
> >called into question in all of this. They are also trying to tell me it
> >is just irritable bowel and I was diagnosed with irritable bowel 4 years
> >ago and never had all these symptoms as I have now. Each time it has
> >been endometriosis and scar tissue and in my last surgery it was a mass
> >larger than a softball and endometriosis and scar tissue but now all of
> >a sudden it is irritable bowel. All of this has taken such a toll on me
> >physically and mentally. I am just sick and tired of being sick and
> >tired. I can't wait to go to Florida and hopefully find some relief and
> >just knowing that Dr. Redan believes me means so much to me. Also,
> >after the psych evaluation results came back in my favor helped but it
> >still hurts so much to be treated as I have been treated. I also wrote
> >to The Doctors show hoping that they would deal with this issue and
> >bring it before the people so hopefully more can be done to help all of
> >us who are suffering. I have had a really rough week and just needed to
> >vent. Thanks for the hope that I have received here. Jen
>
> http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072%26hmpgID=62%26bcdÞ
> cemailfooterNO62)
>
> -------------------------------1232685086
> Content-Type: text/html; charset="US-ASCII"
> Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
>
> <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
> <HTML><HEAD>
> <META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=US-ASCII">
> <META content="MSHTML 6.00.6000.16788" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
> <BODY id=role_body style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #000000; FONT-FAMILY: =
> Arial"
> bottomMargin=7 leftMargin=7 topMargin=7 rightMargin=7><FONT id=rol=
> e_document
> face=Arial color=#000000 size=2>
> <DIV><STRONG>Donna,</STRONG></DIV>
> <DIV><STRONG>That is awesome advice on&nbsp;carrying&nbsp;the records with t=
> o
> new Dr's and having your Psych evaluation on top. &nbsp;I have a question fo=
> r
> everyone.&nbsp; Has anyone else experienced high enzymes? I'm really not sur=
> e
> how serious it is, but my thoughts are that they are from all of the drugs I=
> 've
> been on. I won't bore you all with my story since it's posted and I've talke=
> d
> about it before like this. It's been 2 and a half years since I have had any=
>
> kind of a life. I want my life back as I know every single person who battle=
> s
> ARD.&nbsp; If I ever come into money I would do whatever I could to get the
> medical research to find a cure for every person who suffers from ARD now an=
> d to
> prevent it from happening to anyone else.&nbsp; I always hope that my two gi=
> rls
> will <U>NEVER </U>have to go through this. Especially since they are the onl=
> y
> reasons I'm still here. I'm not sure how much longer I can hang in there. I =
> also
> lost my job back in December but I am getting Long Term Disability and waiti=
> ng
> to get an appointment to go before a Social Security Judge. It's a major
> financial problem for me on top of every thing else.&nbsp; I can't believe I=
>
> have to pay $760 per month for medical insurance for myself and the two girl=
> s.
> So I know I'll be going further into debt. Ok I'm sorry I vented a little mo=
> re
> than I intended. You are all fantastic and inspiring people.</STRONG></DIV>
> <DIV><STRONG>Wendy</STRONG></DIV><BR><FONT face=Webdings color=#ff0000
> size=2>========</FONT><FONT face=Arial color=#000000 s=
> ize=2>Original
> Message</FONT><FONT face=Webdings color=#ff0000 size=2>=====
> ====</FONT>
> <TABLE
> style="BORDER-RIGHT: #c0c0c0 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #c0c0c0 1px solid; FON=
> T-SIZE: 10pt; BORDER-LEFT: #c0c0c0 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #c0c0c0 1px sol=
> id; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #e0e0e0"
> cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0>
> <TBODY>
> <TR class=aolmailheader>
> <TD vAlign=top width="10%">Subj:</TD>
> <TD><B>Re: Just needing some support...</B></TD></TR>
> <TD vAlign=top width="10%">Date:</TD>
> <TD>1/19/2009 12:30:21 P.M. Central Standard Time</TD></TR>
> <TD vAlign=top noWrap width="10%">From:</TD>
> <TD><A title=mailto:donnacboggs@comcast.net
> href="mailto:donnacboggs@comcast.net">donnacboggs@comcast.net</A></T=
> D></TR>
> <TD vAlign=top noWrap width="10%">To:</TD>
> <TD><A title=mailto:adhesions@mail.obgyn.net
> href="mailto:adhesions@mail.obgyn.net">adhesions@mail.obgyn.net</A><=
> /TD></TR>
> <TD bgColor=#d0d0d0 colSpan=2>Sent on:&nbsp; &nbsp;
> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><BR>I, too, had to sit through a psych evaluation,=
>
> again, before being given<BR>the "opportunity" to have narcotics prescribed =
> for
> daily use.&nbsp; The<BR>results were very good, "extraordinarly well balance=
> d
> emotionally and<BR>mentally", and I asked the Doc if I was being checked out=
> to
> make sure<BR>that I was emotionally balanced enough to knowingly and willing=
> ly
> choose<BR>narcotic drug addiction as a solution to adhesion pain.&nbsp; We b=
> oth
> had a<BR>good laugh when she replied, "yes".&nbsp; Seriously - who, in their=
>
> right<BR>mind, would choose drug addiction?<BR><BR>I refused the "treatment"=
> of
> narcotics.<BR><BR>I carry a copy of my medical records with me when I see a =
> new
> physician.<BR>I have prepared a simple health statement with lists of meds,
> surgeries,<BR>dates and Docs names and contact numbers.&nbsp; I ask that the=
>
> files be<BR>reviewed before I meed with a new Doc.&nbsp; If a Doc comes in t=
> o
> see me<BR>without review, I simply give her or him another chance to review
> and<BR>make another appointment.&nbsp; If he/she refuses, I find another
> Doc.<BR><BR>It is not easy to suffer from a problem that no Doctor wants to
> address.<BR>Most Docs will tell you that pelvic pain patients are their
> least<BR>favorite to treat as they understand that, most times, there is
> no<BR>relief in sight, multiple surgeries are required and their own
> judgement<BR>may be questioned by their mal-practice insurance
> providers.<BR><BR>Get your records together and keep the mental health
> assessment results<BR>on top of the pile.&nbsp; Only see Docs that are willi=
> ng
> to believe you and<BR>recognize that most that don't believe are only protec=
> ting
> themselves<BR>from having a patient that they are powerless to heal.<BR><BR>=
> I
> know how difficult it is to keep going when you hurt most of the time.<BR>Ca=
> re
> for yourself as best you can and just keep going.&nbsp; Breathe deep
> and<BR>stand tall.&nbsp; Your pain is real.&nbsp; The cause is real.&nbsp; T=
> he
> answers are not<BR>always the ones we want to hear, but there are answers fo=
> r
> relief even<BR>though that relief may only last a short while.&nbsp; We all
> deserve respect<BR>for dealing with chronic and often debilitating pain whil=
> e
> doing the<BR>best we can just to live our daily lives.<BR><BR>Best,&nbsp; Do=
> nna
> B<BR><BR>At Wed, 14 Jan 2009, ScaredMa wrote:<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;My records have=
>
> been sent to Dr.&nbsp; Redan in Florida and he thinks he can<BR>&gt;help
> me.&nbsp; He wanted me to wait 6 months so that my body could heal
> from<BR>&gt;the multiple surgeries that I had last year.&nbsp; I am hurting
> constantly,<BR>&gt;some days worse than others.&nbsp; My lower back really
> hurts.&nbsp; I am so<BR>&gt;thankful for this website and all the informatio=
> n
> and support I have<BR>&gt;received from here and at CAPPS.&nbsp; I wish no o=
> ne
> had to endure what we<BR>&gt;are enduring but it helps to know that I am not=
>
> alone.&nbsp; I have even<BR>&gt;taken a psych eval.&nbsp; due to the fact th=
> at
> my mental health has been<BR>&gt;called into question in all of this.&nbsp; =
> They
> are also trying to tell me it<BR>&gt;is just irritable bowel and I was diagn=
> osed
> with irritable bowel 4 years<BR>&gt;ago and never had all these symptoms as =
> I
> have now.&nbsp; Each time it has<BR>&gt;been endometriosis and scar tissue a=
> nd
> in my last surgery it was a mass<BR>&gt;larger than a softball and endometri=
> osis
> and scar tissue but now all of<BR>&gt;a sudden it is irritable bowel.&nbsp; =
> All
> of this has taken such a toll on me<BR>&gt;physically and mentally.&nbsp; I =
> am
> just sick and tired of being sick and<BR>&gt;tired.&nbsp; I can't wait to go=
> to
> Florida and hopefully find some relief and<BR>&gt;just knowing that Dr.&nbsp=
> ;
> Redan believes me means so much to me.&nbsp; Also,<BR>&gt;after the psych
> evaluation results came back in my favor helped but it<BR>&gt;still hurts so=
>
> much to be treated as I have been treated.&nbsp; I also wrote<BR>&gt;to The
> Doctors show hoping that they would deal with this issue and<BR>&gt;bring it=
>
> before the people so hopefully more can be done to help all of<BR>&gt;us who=
> are
> suffering.&nbsp; I have had a really rough week and just needed
> to<BR>&gt;vent.&nbsp; Thanks for the hope that I have received here.&nbsp;
> Jen<BR><BR>To remove yourself from the adhesions@adhesions.org mailing list
> please go<BR>to the unsubscribe form at
> http://www.adhesions.org/forums/listcmds.htm<BR>p.s. for the web forum versi=
> on
> see http://www.adhesions.org/forums/<BR></FONT><br/><font style="color:bla=
> ck;font:normal 10pt arial,san-serif;"> <hr style="margin-top:10px"/><b>A G=
> ood Credit Score is 700 or Above. <a href="http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/1=
> 00000075x1215855013x1201028747/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/p=
> m/default.aspx?sc=668072%26hmpgID=62%26bcd=DecemailfooterNO62"> See yo=
> urs in just 2 easy steps!</a></b></font></DIV></BODY></HTML>
>
> -------------------------------1232685086--
>
> p.s. for the web forum version see http://www.adhesions.org/forums/
>
>
> Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009=20 ------------------------------
>
> Date: Fri, 23 Jan 05:08:13 +0000
> From: Marlene Wheeler=20 ------------------------------
>
> Date: Fri, 23 Jan <wheelerski@msn.com>
> To: <adhesions@adhesions.org>
> Message-ID: <BAY115-W4347BDC9CA0F1AA86063CED0CF0@phx.gbl>
> Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
> boundary="_ad4b6233-879f-4aec-b912-2395d2be1f78_"
>
> =
> weren't much of a problem because of where they where.(not close to any maj=
> or organs.) 5 years ago I became very ill ie from a stomach virus that turn=
> ed into a night mare, I ended up having to have bowel surgery, thus the=
> start with major problems. Laproscopic Choleycystectomy, and even gyn su=
> rgery that also developed (healing problems.) I had my first adhesions surg=
> ery with the doc that did the laproscopic surgery, and choley. I don't bl=
> ame this doc at all, but I was pretty trusting that everyone knew what th=
> ey were doing. I ended up having touble a short while later, and went to =
> another doc ie supposedly the person to go to to take care of these things.=
> We knew at that time the adhesions had come back. He was the one who told =
> me they didn't cause pain (I figured he just didn't want to deal with me.) =
> I went to another doc here who said they could cause problems but I wasn't =
> bad enough. Let's put it this way I ended up in ER about 25 times that next=
> six months or so waiting for someone here to do something. I had other tes=
> t that showed I had a stricture, but they still wouldn't do anything. I'm=
> a nurse so I just said to myself,I shouldn't have to live like this. I e=
> nded up doing all the research myself on Adhesions(by the way I'm an Or nur=
> se I've seen these things.) Luckily I found adhesions.org and ended up find=
> ing Dr G. By the time I got to him the adhesions were wrapped around my rig=
> ht ureter and bowel. I had a partal obstruction. Needless to say I was a me=
> ss. My bowel had even started to atrophy, because they let me go to long =
> here. I could go on and on about the research, and what I found out durin=
> g this time. Ie about adhesions barriers, etc etc. But I don't want to bo=
> re you. I ended up having to have one more surgery with him 6 mo later. Tha=
> t was 2 years ago. Yes these things can come back there's no guarantee, b=
> ut the last time he put a different barrier in and I'm Much Much better. n=
> ow. I've been through a lot of the same things it sounds like you have. No =
> one believed me, they thought it was everything from in my head to stress=
> , to whatever. I would not be here today if it weren''t for a couple Docs=
> that believed in me. I reciently went through a divorce also. Mainly due t=
> o my struggle with physical things ie adhesions. These things ruin your lif=
> e, but their is hope. There are a lot of new barriers etc out there that =
> are promising and when you have kids you do every thing you can, because =
> you want to be there for them.
> Hang in there, and you are doing the right thing by putting your story o=
> n here. There are so many people around the country ie world that are going=
> through the same thing you are. One thing I did find out during my researc=
> h that you might want to know about that is exciting. There are barriers ou=
> t there that are used in other countries ie Germany, etc that are not app=
> roved here in the US(another story in itself as to why!!!!!) There is work =
> being done to help deal with these things.
> Let me know how you make out. We're all here for you!
> Moe.(nick name)
>
> Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 18:47:12 -0600
> From: alie106@msn.com
> To: adhesions@mail.obgyn.net
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Hello out there,
>
> my name is alie, I want to say if it wasn't for this site I would probabl=
> y except my life was doomed for ever and want to die. I'm 37 and have had s=
> everal surgeries that have left me in severe pain that I'm about to loose m=
> y job, my kids and my mind . I finally went to a new gyn yesterday and I =
> was at the end of my rope, I have run out of options and I am in such pai=
> n I cant function and I was beginning to think I want to put a gun to my he=
> ad. I have had two c-section an oblation my appendix removed a hysterectomy=
> and cuff reconstruction and some adhesions removed. As I sat in the Dr. o=
> ffice with tears streaming down my face explaining my pain and I know not m=
> any doctors want to go in and remove adhesions because it can just come bac=
> k, but that I can't work and because of this pain and how hard n it is to=
> do the things I used to do and with even pain meds I have severe pain, t=
> hat now my ex-husband is trying to get full custody of my girls and accusin=
> g me of being crazy and a drug addict. YES so on top of dealing with the pa=
> in and depression I an dealing with proving to a court that I have adhesion=
> s and trying to get them removed and that I'm not a drug addict and my pain=
> is real and that I have had counseling even MMPI test to prove I'm not cra=
> zy " which I'm not" I think that the doctor finally got that if he didn't h=
> elp me that I will end my own life ... He agreed to do surgery which made m=
> e very happy. Heres the problem, he gave me 30 percocet and said he will =
> be on vacation till the first week of Feb, then he will do the surgery so=
> I called back today and said "when is the surgery and since he is going to=
> be gone can he leave me another script for meds since I cant handle that p=
> ain and he will be gone"? Well the nurse told me tonight that "no" he cant =
> prescribe any more meds till he does the surgery so right away my anxiety w=
> ent up just thinking I'm going to have to suffer when the pills run out and=
> I get surgery. Talk about unfair and no understanding at all. so on top o=
> f that now I have to prove my medical problem to a judge and my own lawyer =
> because I get the feeling she doesn't even believe me... I am asking if any=
> of you that read this and live in AZ and have suffered the way I have and =
> have children, to please reach out to me and write letters about what yo=
> u are or went through with adhesions. I cant loose my children due to this =
> I love them more than anything in the world and I'm trying to get people to=
> understand how bad adhesions are and what it can do to ones life. My court=
> date is Feb, 9th 2009. If you write me a letter please send it to alie10=
> 6@msn.com I need theses letters from you my friends please help me not loo=
> se my kids because of adhesions, its not fair and I will really loose my =
> will to live.
>
> d I'm not alone and I'm not making it up.
>
> Thank you
>
>
>
> Alie
>
>
>
> > Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 18:17:16 -0600
> > From: adhesions@adhesions.org
> > To: adhesions@mail.obgyn.net
> > Subject: ADHESIONS digest 831
> >
> > ADHESIONS Digest 831
> >
> > Topics covered in this issue include:
> >
> > 1) Re: An Update of Linda Halford's Surgery Today
> > by lindahalford@comcast.net (Linda Halford)
> >
> > ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>=20 ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> > Date: Wed=3D2C 21 Jan 2009 19:24:48 -0600 = ----------------------------------------------------------------------> > From: lindahalford@comcast.net (Linda Halford)
> > To: adhesions@mail.obgyn.net
> > Subject: Re: An Update of Linda Halford's Surgery Today
> > Message-ID: <200901220124.n0M1OmI06104@mail.obgyn.net>
> >
> > > >
> > >>----- Original Message -----
> > >From: "Pam Markford" <PJtweetyRn@aol.com>
> > >To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS"
> > ><adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com>
> > >Sent: Thursday, April 12, 2001 11:12 PM
> > >Subject: An Update of Linda Halford's Surgery Today
> > >
> > >> Hello Everyone,
> > >> I just wanted to post a quick note to let you all know about Linda
> > >> Halford's surgery. Dr. Redan said "All went fine with Linda. Her
> > >> surgery was quite extensive as she had a tremendous amount of
> > >> adhesions.It was quite obvious why she had a great deal of pain and
> > >> reaction from her "adhesion prevention barrier." Linda, we are all
> > >> praying for you and will continue to pray for the strength that you wi=
> ll
> > >> need to recover and get back to feeling like "The Old Linda", withou=
> t
> > >> pain!! Let us know if any of us can help in anyway. We will also pray
> > >> for your comfort while in Scranton. God Bless and rest well!!
> > >>
> > >> --
> > >> In Loving Friendship,
> > >> Pam Markford
> > >>
> >
> > Dr. Redan performed a second laparascopic lysis of adhesions on August
> > 12, 2004. He removed massive adhesions and also removed my navel. I
> > continue to suffer from excruciating abdominal pain and have taken
> > every pain medication known. I had a morphine pump inserted into my
> > abdomen and different medications were tried. I went to the highest
> > dosage of morphine and became immune to everything. In 2007, I had
> > the pump removed. I have tried alternative methods of pain management
> > such as, physical therapy, acupuncture and herbs. My entire abdomen
> > feels like one big charley horse and is very inflamed. My intestines
> > feel like they're super glued together. I get very little relief from
> > the Lorcet 10/650, Neurontin 300 mgs. and Flexiril 5 mgs. I lie in
> > bed a big portion of my day because this is where I get the most
> > relief from pain. The pain started shortly after December 1993 when I
> > had a Tram Flap surgery to reconstruct both my breasts. I am so very
> > unhappy and have no quality life. Please, please, please let me know
> > where I may get help. I would appreciate hearing from you. Thank you
> > so very much.
> >
> > Sincerely,
> > Linda Halford, Jacksonville, FL
> >
> > To remove yourself from the adhesions@adhesions.org mailing list please g=
> o
> > to the unsubscribe form at http://www.adhesions.org/forums/listcmds.htm
> > p.s. for the web forum version see http://www.adhesions.org/forums/
> >
> > ------------------------------
> >
> > End of=20 > ------------------------------
> >
> > ADHESIONS Digest 831
> > = > ------------------------------
> >
> > ***************************
>
>
>=20 = ks_0=
> 12009=
>
> From Lilma8@aol.com Fri Jan 23 16:45:48 CST 2009 >From Lilma8@aol.com Fri Jan 23 16:45:46 2009 Received: from imo-m24.mx.aol.com (imo-m24.mx.aol.com [64.12.137.5]) by mail.obgyn.net (8.11.6/8.11.6/dsb-1.1) with ESMTP id n0NMjdI29464 for ; Fri, 23 Jan 2009 16:45:39 -0600 Received: from Lilma8@aol.com by imo-m24.mx.aol.com (mail_out_v39.1.) id a.c7e.21d6a1e9 (39952) for ; Fri, 23 Jan 2009 17:45:31 -0500 (EST) From: Lilma8@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 17:45:31 EST Subject: Re: adhesions & surgery To: adhesions@adhesions.org MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="-----------------------------1232750731" X-Mailer: 9.0 Security Edition for Windows sub 5378 X-Spam-Flag: NO I am flying to Florida on Feb. 16 for surgery on the 19th by Dr. Redan. I would encourage anyone to go to _http://www.adhesionscenter.com_ (http://www.adhesionscenter.com) to check it out. There is also an adhesion group on facebook. cemailfooterNO62)

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: