Re: Can Tummy tuck cause adhesions?

Tue Aug 21 17:30:45 2007

Hi, I cant believe I found someone asking the same question CAN A TUMMY TUCK(tt) cause ADHESION? I've had 2 c-sections in 91 and 97, my appendix out in 76. I always healed keloid and always had a problem with constipation all my life, but things just made a turn for the worse after my first tt in 2000. 2000-pd $8k for tt#1 2001-after a whole year of complaining of pain, my Plastic Surgeion(ps)opened me up again. After opening me up, i was filled with granulomas and the whole procedure had to be done over...tt#2 Then in 5/05 i noticed a bump over my bb, the PS said it was an umbilical hernia. He tried to pawn me off to a couple of General surgeons(GS)...all..referred me back to him...After begging him to repair the hernia for months ..FINALLY(very reluctantly) agreed to do the surgery, going thru the original tt scar(which any GS would of butchered me and left a huge scar across my abdomen, despite i had a tt, and pd $8k) and put it thru my ins..which was GOD sent for me. 8/05-he repaired hernia he left a tube in my belly button(bb) because he seen over the years my bb hole closed up. TT#3...he left the tube in for like 2 weeks.

11/06-I had a lump with pain, turns out my bb hole closed up again, forming a sinus tract, which was draining inside of me...Next thing i know stitches are popping out of my bb..have you ever? Apparently, once again my body was rejecting his stitches(whats up with that anyway) and i had to have another surgery.

12/05-TT#4--this time the tube was left in longer..I think he used different stitches(whats up with that also?)In 4/06 I couldnt get tube back in, the hole closed up in 2 days!. In1/07 I went to see PS, told him it felt like something was STUCK to the inside of my abdominal wall, i had pain and my constipation was worse. He sent me for a CT which revealed scar tissue and nodules. He gave me another GS's name. Before i could meet with this GS, I was hopitalized for "possible bowel onstruction." Luckily wuth meds and enemas i was released days later. So here I am, every week or so, I get so constipated (hunched over in pain) I have to use laxatives and stool softners and presc med(given to me by my Gastroligist,who has done 2 colonoscopies..both normal) to move my bowels..once I do..I dont want to eat in fear of getting clogged up again. I have tightness under my ribcage . I mentioned ADHESIONS to this PS..who told me I dont understand the anatomy. Not being a dr and i guess im not familiar with the human anatomy..i took his word for it. But everything im reading sounds like adhesions from these 4 TTs..Is there anyone out there, that can give me there take on all this?..Im not even sure who I'm even emailing to. That how desperate I am. The PS says its just scar tissue. But from what im read..hernias, bowel obstruction, constipation, etc all can do with ADHESIONS. I feel my PS tells me half truths, cause he just wants me to "GO AWAY". Can someone help.Thank you. Sincerely, Dee At Sun, 8 Feb 2004, CINDY wrote: >
>HI CATHY, I JUST POSTED TO YOU SWEETIE, NOT SURE IF YOU WILL SEE IT,
>HOPE SO, I WAS ABLE TO SEND YOU QUIT A FEW WEBSITES FOR YOUR FRIEND WHO
>HAS HAD THE TUMMY TUCK, A SUFFER OF ADHESIONS MYSELF FOR 23 YEARS NOW,
>I'M JUST PRAYING THAT HER RECENT SURGERY ISNT ADHESIONS, BUT PLEASE HAVE
>HER READ THE INFO I SENT HER, ITS VITAL INFORMATION ON ADHESIONS, CAUSE,
>ETC...LET ME KNOW IF SHE GETS THEM, I DID SEND THEM ALL TO YOU...HEHEHE,
>SO FORWARD TO HER, AND ANY OTHERS..K..THANKS BABY GIRL, LOVE YOU
>TONS..CINDY
>
>P.S. CAP'S ARE NEEDED FOR VISION, NOT INTENDED TO OFFEND ANYONE,
>THANKS FOR UNDERSTANDING..GOD BLESS YOU ALL..
>

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: